Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:11 am  Post subject: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

The Ancient One
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0861689/

i have been waiting for this one for along time... its just released as a dvdscreener but it is bad and nuked several times(Blindness.2008.DVDSCR.XViD-TDL).... better wait for a good version to arrive.

anyway the plot is very interesting... what do you guys thing about this one?.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:54 am  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
This movie was OK.

They aimed it at the wrong age group.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

The Ancient One
Because the correct age group is...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

Demon Of The Abyss
...a very young group with glasses. Oh, and some little girls with freckles! :rock:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

Master Of The Dead Donkey
It was alright. Some pretty effective moments.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:14 am  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

Slayer wrote:
Because the correct age group is...

Well the adds pretty much targeted it to teenagers, but teenagers are so goddamn stupid now, they would have not liked it if they had seen it. (No explosions or tightly wrapped storyline packages that hold your hand and walk you through it) But if it had been targeted to a slightly older age group, it probably would have done much better at the box office.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:38 am  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
I enjoyed it. Its an interesting mix of genres. While the actual mixing is not perfect, each piece makes sense to be there and is executed well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

The Ancient One
a very good dvdscr here. no watermarks or b/w screens and english hardcoded for foreign spoken parts etc....

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4592324 ... om-Release)

no need to wait for a better version...

i have seen this one now and i was a bit dissapointed... nearly all of the movie is filmed in one room... more exploration of the dead city would have been better...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

Demon Of The Abyss
I liked it, but the end could be better... I think it´s a problem with most of the movies I watch this days, it´s not easy to come up with a good ending.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
I liked this one. Well acted, good story and music. Agree with the ending though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:42 am  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

Demon Of The Abyss
This movie is a blantant rip off of day of the triffids (minus the killer plants) a classic scifi book where all the entire population of england gose blind. Pretty much everythign in this film is from that book.

Still not bad all in all.. nice find doc. Personly I would have liked them to just make a triffid movie :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:45 am  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

The Ancient One
Jynks wrote:
This movie is a blantant rip off of day of the triffids (minus the killer plants) a classic scifi book where all the entire population of england gose blind. Pretty much everythign in this film is from that book.

Still not bad all in all.. nice find doc. Personly I would have liked them to just make a triffid movie :)

i knew it, it was something but i couldnt put my finger on it before now.. yes its a triffids rip off without the plants..... anyway what i missed in blindness is more filming in the streets and people desperatly killing for food, eating dead people and people that havent lost their sigth being exploited by the blind or seeing people exploit the blind etc etc you folks know what i am talking about, that fight in the supermarked and that stuff was great(i was like -> hell yeah now it start, tear that woman to pieces you fuckers are starving... but nothing happen zzzZzz). more of post apocalyptic scenery, buildings and streets etc etc its alot of things that could be put into this one... filming in one building the half of the movie was a bit boring to be honest. if it only did have the stuff i mention it would have been so much better, it even could got away with the triffids rip off...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:04 am  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

d0c wrote:
Jynks wrote:

i knew it, it was something but i couldnt put my finger on it before now.. yes its a triffids rip off without the plants..... anyway what i missed in blindness is more filming in the streets and people desperatly killing for food, eating dead people and people that havent lost their sigth being exploited by the blind or seeing people exploit the blind etc etc you folks know what i am talking about, that fight in the supermarked and that stuff was great(i was like -> hell yeah now it start, tear that woman to pieces you fuckers are starving... but nothing happen zzzZzz). more of post apocalyptic scenery, buildings and streets etc etc its alot of things that could be put into this one... filming in one building the half of the movie was a bit boring to be honest. if it only did have the stuff i mention it would have been so much better, it even could got away with the triffids rip off...

I agree greatly. But truly, every movie would be better with more cannibalism and tribalism.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Blindness (2008) another interesting one?

Master Of The Dead Donkey
Xoal wrote:
But truly, every movie would be better with more cannibalism and tribalism.

Agreed. It's A Wonderful Life springs to mind.