Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:45 am  Post subject: My first studen film

The Ancient One
The most horrible thing about this movie, was undoubtedly making it. The people I was working with really struggled to see each other's visions. The assignment was just to make a surrealistic movie, but as it turned out, none of the others had ever heard that such a thing existed, much less understood the concept of surrealism. It got rather rough, especially since I had been looking forward to this project all year.
After it was finally finished, I was greatly surprised by the overall look of the film, even though it was not at all the movie I wanted to make. I did however learn a lot of new things about working in a team. :wink:
Anyway, here's the finished feature:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMwV2s3bSYQ <- its supposed to be a silly little thing about going mad, so don't expect much coherency ;)
(that's me running around with a torch underneath the school, in the fantastic system of catacombs, which runs all over town)

most of you should recognize at least one of the tunes in the soundtrack, and a tiny evil dead reference.

PS:
Also check out this other film which some fellow class mates made, which is 10 times better than ours:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y9aPIyyZYs
(they filmed a genuine half-blind woman taking out her genuine glass eye, and wrapped a dog in plastic among other things. the end credits claim "animals were hurt during filming")

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:03 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

Master Of The Dead Donkey
A thumbs up from me! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:52 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

Demon Of The Abyss
Do I see Evil Dead influences? The part with the books laughing... :rock:

Edit: Oh, and the film from your collegues... If they did that shit to the dog, I'd love to get my hands on them and do something far worst. And that doll shit looks like an advertisement to pedophilia and child abuse. Fuck them.

Last edited by Mataesfola on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:56 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Devil, Probably
Not bad John_Doe :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:16 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Ancient One
John_Doe, that is some fine shit you got occurring. I can watch that fucked up stuff all day, it seems to have a calming influence on me, probably because it makes naff all sense LOL

The second vid was not as good. As long as the dog was not harmed I have no issues with that, the kiddy fiddler shit does not bother me either as I know it was not real. It was just not as, erm, good as yours.

Am I biased? Probably LOL

:edit: time to ditch that Chrimbo hat, fucking thing itches LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:55 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Devil, Probably
I liked yours much better. Did you guys notice him saying "Where I am?" at the beginning. Had to laugh about that sorry. :wink:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:58 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Ancient One
haha, no need to apologize. as I said, this is not the movie I wanted to make at all. we had a 2 weeks schedule to make this, and spent the first 10 days arguing, so in the end we just had to make something and be done with it.

tnx for all the nice words though, guys. :drunk:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:40 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Ancient One
Hey mate, Hollywood blockbuster it ain't. But that is actually a good thing LOL

Like I said, I love weird shit that makes fuck all sense, seems to calm my brain.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:17 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

Dead But Dreaming
I liked it and of course also appreciate the (not so lol) subtle nod to Raimi and using music from Suspiria. In particular the location where you shot it was pretty good (is it all shot in one location? the dark tunnels are part of the same place as the room with the chair?).

Too bad it wasn't longer cause I'd love to have seen where J.D.'s madness could have taken the film from there - meaning after you obviously 'lose it', I'd like to have seen some real mayhem unfold. Maybe in a sequel one day or something...

Great work even though it strays from your original vision! :rock:

"if someone who registered for 8 days have idea to make the site better.the man who registered for many years should have thoughts to make it best,except he was cut off head like as many man or weman in the site movies."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:39 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Ancient One
yeah, its all shot in one location.
these catacombs stretch deep under most parts of the city. its friggin amazing down there!
As Im going my first year at the school, the older students held a badtism down there for all the new students. All of us were watching a movie in an auditorium, when 20 people in white overalls and masks came in and forced us into a tiny room. There they put blindfolds on us, and started trekking us through a maze of corridors. we had to do several weird tasks (alot of which were sexual in nature) and constantly mouth fed with an endless supply of alcohol. It wasnt long before we were all so drunk, we had no idea what we were doing. Then they dragged us into the catacombs, and tried to humiliate us in every possible manner. A lot of girls got quite freaked out, but I was enjoying myself tremendously. Good times!
Alot of artists are shooting music videos down there these days. Id love to hold a massive rave there, but its so massive and easy to get lost (and the air is quite bad) so it would require alot of safety precautions (which would take most of the fun away from it) to make it happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:45 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Ancient One
Cool city. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:54 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Ancient One
John_Doe wrote:
yeah, its all shot in one location.
these catacombs stretch deep under most parts of the city. its friggin amazing down there!
As Im going my first year at the school, the older students held a badtism down there for all the new students. All of us were watching a movie in an auditorium, when 20 people in white overalls and masks came in and forced us into a tiny room. There they put blindfolds on us, and started trekking us through a maze of corridors. we had to do several weird tasks (alot of which were sexual in nature) and constantly mouth fed with an endless supply of alcohol. It wasnt long before we were all so drunk, we had no idea what we were doing. Then they dragged us into the catacombs, and tried to humiliate us in every possible manner. A lot of girls got quite freaked out, but I was enjoying myself tremendously. Good times!
Alot of artists are shooting music videos down there these days. Id love to hold a massive rave there, but its so massive and easy to get lost (and the air is quite bad) so it would require alot of safety precautions (which would take most of the fun away from it) to make it happen.

I always find it amusing how some people get scared, yet the same thing will make someone else laugh and have a great time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:25 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Ancient One
this is not bad john i know how its to work with difficult people on a creative project. i liked the simpel style, you may think the other was better but that one is over done if you ask me. keep up the good work :rock:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:54 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Ancient One
I hate working in a team sometimes too. Everyone has their own idea how things should be done, and they ain't usually the same as mine.

My ideas are always better by the way :drunk:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:35 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Ancient One
TaKYoN wrote:
I hate working in a team sometimes too. Everyone has their own idea how things should be done, and they ain't usually the same as mine.

My ideas are always better by the way :drunk:

Right on! Making movies is fucking hard! Not the actual filming and stuff, that shit's fun. But getting a bunch of writers to agree and see the same vision is horrible! There's always so much medling and arguing.. Especially when everyone wants to do everything.. that is: everyone wants to be the writer, the director, the editor, etc.. I'm trying to get through the notion that things will go much smoother if everyone just got one job, took that seriously and did their best to do what is required.. but nobody listens to me, of course.. hehe
And it makes me so frustrated, as I'm so passionate about movies, and really want to make something GREAT!! Yet some of the others seem not to care about what me make, and just want to make something silly and flimsy. And some just object to everything that is suggested, yet have no ideas of their own. baaaahh....

/end whine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:57 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Ancient One
John_Doe wrote:
Yet some of the others seem not to care about what me make, and just want to make something silly and flimsy.

Kick them out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:27 pm  Post subject: Re: My first studen film

The Ancient One
Chupas solution to every problem :lol: :wink: