Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:13 am  Post subject: My Faves

Skull Full Of Maggots
Didn't find a thread for just general favorite horror flicks...? Well, here are mine.

1. Gaau ji (Dumplings) - How far would you go to be beautiful and sexy? Eating human feti? Performing illegal abortions to get the feti? Bribe people to abort their babies and give you their feti?

2. Saam gaang yi (Three Extremes) - Saam gaang yi is a movie made out of three short films, Dumplings, (Yeah, the movie Gaau ji is like a spin-off, a longer version of the short movie Dumplings) Box and Cut. They are all about extreme things that humans will do.

3. Acacia - Oh, damn, it was such a long time ago I saw this, I will have to rewatch it. I remember it was quite captivating though, about an adopted child and lotsa weird shit happening.

4. 4 Inyong shiktak (The Uninvited) - I gotta rewatch this one too, I haven't seen it in a long while. Yeah, it's about crazy people killing their children or seeing ghost children and tortured children everywhere.

5. Saw - It's a pretty decent movie. A little bit too much story and too little gore though. I don't really wanna know the freaking life story of the characters, I just wanna see the nasty shit.

6. What Lies Beneath - Yeah, yeah, I know, it's just a crappy movie with Michelle Pfieffer. For some reason I like it though. Ghosts, witchcraft... I've just always been into that thing I guess.

7. Tomie - Now this one is quite cool! Has a lotta sequels which I didn't see. This first one from 1999 is good anyway. It's about Tomie, a ghost girl who is eternally 18 years old and everyone around her falls in love with her and ends up either killing her or killing each other, either because they are in love with her or because someone they love is in love with her... Either way, she is immortal and always comes back to life.

8. Gothika - When this movie was on a Swedish TV channel they advertised it as "What a good horror movie needs is flickering lights... Ghost girls... Scary scenes... A dark secret... Halle Berry in the shower with Penelope Cruz... An insane asylum... The devil... Chilling screams... Halle Berry in the shower with Penelope Cruz... Mystery... And Halle Berry in the shower with Penelope Cruz" good description. There's actually a decent story in there, though.

9. Session 9 - It's a pretty good movie, actually. About some guys sent to remove asbestos from an old insane asylum and one of them goes through some old patient tapes and stuff happens.

10. The Skeleton Key - Yeah, yeah, I know, it's a crap movie. I have a weakness for Voodoo/Hoodoo/Witchcraft, OK? Also, it mentions African-American history as well as blues music (I'm obsessed with these subjects)

(Oh, by the way, I noticed I made 4 Inyong shiktak number 4 and Session 9 number 9... Kinda funny coincidence)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:24 pm  Post subject: Re: My Faves

The Devil, Probably
Nice list.

Signe wrote:
Didn't find a thread for just general favorite horror flicks...? Well, here are mine.

Theres this one: Most Favorite Horror Flick
didn't take off too much though... theres lots of threads that are more or less top tens lists or 5 or 3 etc :lol:

my new top howevermuch: no order.

The Exorcist I/III, From Beyond, Night of the Creeps, Deep Red, Ichi the Killer, ReAnimator, the Shining, Friday the 13th, Martin, Dawn of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Suspiria, Return of the Living Dead, Feast 1/2/3, Demons, Zombi 2, Evil Dead, Splatter Naked Blood, Aftermath, The Thing, Anthropophagus 2, Dagon, Evil Dead Trap, Pieces, Slither, Planet Terror, NonHoSonno, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, Street Trash, Hostel 1/2, probably many more I am too tired to think of.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:40 pm  Post subject: Re: My Faves

The Ancient One
Interesting list, I don't know those Asian flicks, as they don't interest me much. I'm very surprised about nrs 5, 6, 8 and 10. I think you're the first person who put these movies in their favourites list. At least as far as I know. I actually only agree on Session 9, as that movie is creepy as hell and has a good atmosphere. something which is hard to come by since the 80s.

Grinds list also has some surprises: Feast 1/2/3: no difference there for you? For me it was very much downhill since part 1. Same for Hostel, part 2 was just there because the makers thought they'd make money with it. I thought Splatter Naked Blood was a stupid film, the rest is a nice list of titles which I all like/love, except for the ones mentioned before ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:05 pm  Post subject: Re: My Faves

Skull Full Of Maggots
Yes, I know, Saw, What Lies Beneath, Gothika, The Skeleton Key... They're crappy mainstream movies but I still like them :)

Hostel 2 I haven't seen. Hostel was shit though. Nothing happens in it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:48 pm  Post subject: Re: My Faves

Site Admin
You know what makes people feel old? When you look at a list and not a single one of them is older than ten years. :o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:47 pm  Post subject: Re: My Faves

The Devil, Probably
Slayer wrote:
Grinds list also has some surprises: Feast 1/2/3: no difference there for you? For me it was very much downhill since part 1. Same for Hostel, part 2 was just there because the makers thought they'd make money with it. I thought Splatter Naked Blood was a stupid film, the rest is a nice list of titles which I all like/love, except for the ones mentioned before ;)

Well with Feast, they are more just fun to watch with drunken friends, especially those not-so-into horror. And Hostel is way better than Saw 2+, Saw 1 was ok, didn't catch me though. I had been up for 22 hours when i posted that, so i forgot a bunch, most importantly CEMETARY MAN! (which is being shown next Sat @ midnight at a local theater. oh yeah!)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:15 pm  Post subject: Re: My Faves

The Ancient One
GrindCallus wrote:
And Hostel is way better than Saw 2+, Saw 1 was ok, didn't catch me though.

I was talking about Hostel 2, or did that 2 appear because of your sleep deprivation? :googley:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:10 am  Post subject: Re: My Faves

The Devil, Probably
Slayer wrote:
GrindCallus wrote:
And Hostel is way better than Saw 2+, Saw 1 was ok, didn't catch me though.

I was talking about Hostel 2, or did that 2 appear because of your sleep deprivation? :googley:

I don't know was Psycho based on Charles Manson :googley: :voodoo: :moon: :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

No I liked the 2nd Hostel... whats not too like? Words like "stupid" and "ridiculous" and "unbelievable" don't hold much weight to sink films for me ;)
Plus you get to see that horsefaced ugly annoying bitch's ugly litle annoyin tiitties before her throat gets slit and her blood showered upon a hot naked chick. You get to see a penis chopped off and fed to a dog. A kid gets executed. Its a vile piece of shit and its right up my alley, way up, like lodged in my spleen up. :rock: Its a silly lighthearted romp!