Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:15 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
so.....just cheap sex and liquor? :googley:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:24 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Devil, Probably
No, no... just no HD... he runs on memory alone. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:43 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Practice Girl
:P :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:59 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Site Admin
For spotify users:
http://open.spotify.com/user/spudthedes ... mM6wx0mMUR

:)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:34 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:

What is this happy horse shit... :lol:

Anybody got a token?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:01 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Site Admin
yes but your email doesn't look valid so i can't send you one, that and its not legal in countries outside the EU so you won't be able to signup.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:44 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
yes but your email doesn't look valid so i can't send you one, that and its not legal in countries outside the EU so you won't be able to signup.

It is a valid e-mail address... just looks funny. Ah... too bad about the EU only...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:59 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Devil, Probably
Slayer wrote:
DxaKrator wrote:
I think you missed the point....the point was if you do enough hard drugs they sound kick ass. :mrgreen:

Ah, OK. Well, no hd for me, so...

pure wrote:
Well fuck me, I even like 'em when i'm sober :lol:

Yeah I like'em sober now too. They play really shitty on purpose (obviously I hope). Some songs though you can hear the talent. Few grindcore can top them in sheer awesomeness! Most other good grind bands try to hard compared to Anal Cunt. Plus, in the 90s, everytime Pantera came to Massachussetts, AC always opened for them. They got booed off the stage once too. But anyway you slice it, they have the best song titles ever.

The only other grindcore I band I really like would have to be Agoraphobic Nosebleed, though I used to love grindcore and would listen to any abhorrent noise sweaty misanthropes could produce. Now most grind bands have kind of diluted the genre to include other forms of metal. Some good extreme shit, but still, AC is the classic shit!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:57 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Ancient One
DxaKrator wrote:
so.....just cheap sex and liquor? :googley:

karstmobile wrote:
No, no... just no HD... he runs on memory alone. :mrgreen:

Well, you're both a bit right :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:46 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Skull Full Of Maggots
My musical tastes have changed a lot over the years. When I first got into music it was used as a bonding expierence with my father.... I never really listend to music before I picked up a guitar and started learning to play.. many many moons ago. So with that said, he was and still is a stoner that never really grew out of the era. It's a big influence on some of the bands I still listen too. Things like Molly Hatchet, Skynyrd, Dlyan, Hank, Willie, Waylon, Cash, Outlaws, Alman Bro's, ZZ top, Marshall Tucker band ,etc. Tons and tons of Southern Rock/Outlaw country.

When I got a little older and was jamming with all the kids my age in high school it was random metal all the way. Dirge, Prong, etc. Bands nobody remembers.. but were the big heavy metal winners of the week.

I've always been a fan of Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, GnR, Clapton, Soul Asylum, Beatles, Yardbirds, Janis, Metallica ( I go a little farther with Metallica than most people like to admit. I dug everything from Garage Days to Load. Reload made me want to fuck a stump grinder though.), Alice in Chains, Pantera, White Zombie, Garbage, etc.

When I stopped worrying about what other people wanted to hear and started thinking about what I liked... and what could potentially get me some poonanni, I started listening to things like Al Demeola, Oscar Lopez and other instrumental "mostly" solo artists.

I also dig things like Bill Withers, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Robert Johnson, Good ol'Leadbelly, Marvin Gay.

OH and Prince is a beast of a musician.

Love me some country just the same. Steve Wariner, Dirks Bently, Keith Whitley, Allison Krauss, George Straight, Garth, Confederate Railroad (Mostly just because they like there women just a little on the trashy side).

Over the last few years though, I have developed a love for the more mellow music.. as well as anything with women singing.

Current fav's would include ~
Jack Johnson
Ben Harper
Amos Lee
Jewel
Fiona Apple
Regina Spektor
Sheryl Crow
Natalie Imbruhglia
4 non Blondes
Spice girls (Srsly, there like 2-3 songs on the first 2 albums that are just.... good. Regardless of the teenie-bopper/girl power persona that they resonated.)
Concrete Blondes
Patsy Cline
Lucinda Williams
Sarah McGlauclin (spelling?)
Meredith Brooks

Just a ton of random music. I Dont hate any genra.
I dislike the majority of any rap.... and most of this new age death metal that everyone else here seems to enjoy. Somehow. While they are often blessed with very very very talented musicians... anyone that calls screaming singing is disturbed. If death metal bands would drop the singers, I would totally dig the music.

Just saying >_>
My opinions and all.

Im sure most of you would love to rag on my love of all the random chick singers/songwriters. Or my country. SO, have at it =)

:beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:49 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Spice girls
i own theirs 2 original CDs... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: they have two or three timeless songs :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: viva forever 2 become one and mama :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:18 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Ancient One
Ahunt5714 wrote:
When I got a little older and was jamming with all the kids my age in high school it was random metal all the way. Dirge, Prong, etc. Bands nobody remembers.. but were the big heavy metal winners of the week.

I remember Prong.

About the Spice Grls: I love them for making a movie which gave me a very special cinema experience. I'll never forget sitting there watching the movie with mostly small kids, one of them telling me to shut up or he would kick my ass (he did so because I was laughing out loud becauise of some jokes/stupidity in the film). Hilarious!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:35 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Practice Girl
Not gonna rank at all....glad you like your own style and don't follow others standards...Metal isn't for everyone that is for sure...that is what makes it special to me.I would never rag on Patsy Cline either.....the woman knew pain like Collin Farrell knows hemorrhoids.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:49 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Skull Full Of Maggots
Slayer wrote:
Ahunt5714 wrote:

I remember Prong.

About the Spice Grls: I love them for making a movie which gave me a very special cinema experience. I'll never forget sitting there watching the movie with mostly small kids, one of them telling me to shut up or he would kick my ass (he did so because I was laughing out loud becauise of some jokes/stupidity in the film). Hilarious!

Right! The movie. Meatloaf being in it was one of my fav things ever.
Scary Spice I thought was pretty bangin.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:41 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Dead But Dreaming
I just procured the new KMFDM and Lilly Allen. Also got the new Stephen Lynch comedy CD, hows that for diversity? :wacky:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:06 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Devil, Probably
Right now I have been diggin:

Down - III
Fall of Troy - Manipulator
Faith no More - King for A Day
Deadhorse - Horsecore
Soundgarden - Louder Than Love
Quicksand - Slip
Enslaved - Below the Lights

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:35 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Practice Girl
Holy shit...Deadhorse :rock: ....that is a blast from the past.....Had their first....they do a kick assed rendition of Rock Lobster :mrgreen: I see you got Enslaved up their too...I listen to Ruun every now and then...their is one song on that album I really like.Haven't heard any new kmfdm...gonna check it out though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:19 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Ancient One
Ah, so KMFDM has a new one out? Gonna look for it!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:11 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Devil, Probably
Lately a little of:

Aborted
Anaal Nathrakh
Blind Illusion
Cannibal Corpse
Death
Disembowel
Jane's Addiction
Les Claypool
Misfits
Ramones
Sadistic Disdain
Send More Paramedics
Sepultura
Slayer
Splatter Effect
Strapping Yound Lad
Vader

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:58 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Practice Girl
:mrgreen:
I'll release another song tonight for Sadistic Disdain...Nice variety you got there :beerchug: