Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:27 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?
Request Territory

Request Territory
Slayer wrote:
Mmm, a long list with unknown names (to me, that is). I score better than Truba however.

wolflikeme wrote:
Indie rock/folk/electronica/experimental

Okkervil River, The Shins, Wolf Parade, Pixies, Shearwater, The Wrens, The National, Broken Social Scene, The Unicorns, Islands, Mount Eerie/The Microphones, Neutral Milk Hotel, Silver Jews, Pavement, Deerhunter, TV on the Radio, Low, Midlake, Arcade Fire, Sunset Rubdown, Animal Collective, Nick Drake, The Smiths, Joy Division, Jeff Buckley, PJ Harvey, Sigur Ros, Efterklang, Aphex Twin, LFO etc...i could go on forever.

If you enjoy the artists you highlighted maybe you should try some of the others out. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:40 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Ancient One
I might, but the only one I really enjoy is Joy Division, and as my focus is on film and not music... but who knows, maybe in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:12 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
As of late I have been listening to my own music :mrgreen: I love raping my Jackson.I like playing my guitar too

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:18 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Devil, Probably
Saw a great show last night (doom/sludge/rock), the Proselyte (my buddies band, doom with Alice in Chains-type vocal harmonies), This band called Phantom Glue (used to be called Angels of Meth, a better name, has the chick drummer from 27 in it) and fuckin Clouds (Adam McGrath from Cave-In)!

It was great check those guys out!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:12 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Skull Full Of Maggots
Well, in general I mostly like Diamanda Galás, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Koko Taylor and Willie Dixon, but when I'm in a really dark mood I mostly listen to insan0, it's the sickest music I have found.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:13 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Practice Girl
Diamanda is insane......that music will make you trip whether you're on anything or not :googley: I still got Saint of the Pit on vinyl. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:55 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Skull Full Of Maggots
Mhm yeah, music is supposed to be insane, ain't it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:07 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Devil, Probably
Hmmm for insane I'd go with Disco Volante by Mr Bungle, a good portion of Frank Zappa's catalog, who ever wrote that song "fish heads fish heads rollie pollie fish heads", Naked City (john zorn), An Albatross makes me wanna kill my own ears and the Locust too, and Merzbow.

Gimme too much and watch me shake.

And I don't its supposed to be insane, cuz if was supposed to be insane it would just be plain sane. :googley:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:38 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Skull Full Of Maggots
Mmm The Locust... They're so good... I had them in my head phones all the time when I was at the psych clinic. My fave is The Unwilling... Led By The Unqualified... Doing The Unnecessary... For The Ungrateful

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:25 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Practice Girl
Yeah...definately into Merzbow....I like old school trippy assed shit like psychic tv and throbbing gristle...used to drop a lot of drugs to that stuff :googley:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:12 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Skull Full Of Maggots
Hey, drugs are bad. You're a bad bad person. Get off our innocent child-friendly forum. :wink: :wink:

He he oh by the way, here is my favorite song--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sLDAMpiDmY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:36 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Practice Girl
I want all the tykes here I can get..the more corruption of youth I can cause the closer I am to achieving my final goal. :voodoo:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:52 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Devil, Probably
Best band ever = Anal Cunt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:01 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Practice Girl
At least one of the best band names.....but yeah....smoke some DMT and listen to that......ahhhhh...good times for all. :rock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:19 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Devil, Probably
people still smoke dmt? damn... In the late 90s, New Jersey had what they called sherm (or leek) which is shitty pot dipped in embalming fluid. I used to smoke that and listen to AC... ah the good ol days.

But DXA you should hear the band "You're Fired", check the myspace, its anal cunt but tighter!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:24 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Practice Girl
Heh...yeah...did my share of sherms...that is one thing I wouldn't do again.....that shit can perma fry you....it's fucking scarey....but yeah.....DMT has made it's way around again....that is an old hippie drug....not the danger in that shit.....but the trip is that of absolutely dying...tastes like a muskrats ass though :P I'll give that band a shot...always looking for new good stuff. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:17 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Ancient One
AC is a very sorry excuse for a band.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:54 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Practice Girl
I think you missed the point....the point was if you do enough hard drugs they sound kick ass. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:10 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Devil, Probably
Well fuck me, I even like 'em when i'm sober :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:43 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

The Ancient One
DxaKrator wrote:
I think you missed the point....the point was if you do enough hard drugs they sound kick ass. :mrgreen:

Ah, OK. Well, no hd for me, so...