Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

The Ancient One
How about this, starting this week?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/psychoville/

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:53 am  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Site Admin
MCMLXXXVIII wrote:
How about this, starting this week?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/psychoville/

Sounds interesting, will check that one out...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

The Devil, Probably
HArper's Island is good to watch with the lady. A slasher soap opera! Gory deaths too.

Psychoville is also pretty good if you liked League of Gentlemen.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Site Admin
Okay so me again! :)

Currently I'm watching:
Futurama (Some good episodes)
True Blood (Titties, Gore and some funny bits)

Shows renewed that I'll be watching:
September 21st - House (Don't judge me :jesus: )
September 23rd - Fringe (I fear this will jump the shark, feels like there's probably too many episodes a season)
September 25th - Supernatural (I'm up to series 4, jumped the shark but not overly useless... too much 'funny' and not enough horror)
September 27th - Dexter (Trailer for the new series looks ace)
September 27th - Family Guy (jumped the shark, but for whatever reason i still watch it)
September 27th - The Simpsons (jumped the shark, but for whatever reason i still watch it)
October 4th - American Dad (better than family guy)
October 7th - South Park (yay!)

Breaking Bad - meant to be July 2011!
Spartacus - lead actor has cancer so its postponed :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

The Devil, Probably
Wasn't that guy from Spartacus already 'cured'?
Still watching Andromeda not many other series I tend to watch all of, gonna try and restart on Farscape as I couldn't find the time to watch them and I now should have

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:31 am  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Site Admin
yeah but they've not filmed shit and he's recovering, so it will be at least 2011.

Quote:
Andromeda

yuck crappy star trek dren, and you haven't watched farscape? Farscape? You are off your bleedin' rocker buddy! :googley:
Make it through S1 of Farscape and it gets better, and better, and better :) By the end its great :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

The Devil, Probably
S1 of Farscap I've seen, also a few episodes from S2, so thats why I gotta restart on the series.

:lol: I actually really enjoy Andromeda, almost as much as I do watching the first season of Star Trek :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:31 am  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Demon Of The Abyss
1st season of Androm is sweet... then the last season witch is like a new show is good as well. Trek is awesome in all its forms :) Now True Blood on the other hand.... omg I can not believe you watch that "paranormal romance" crap.. it is only a few steps above twilight.

There isn't much on TV... imo.. Stargate Universe is terrible but I'll prob still watch it.. same with simpsons, family guy and futurama. I really liked early Supernatural... like buffy b4 it, as it tried to do this "end of the world" serious plots and character stuff it just lost its awesome funny fun angle form the originals... The new season is meant ot be a kind of reboot.. so with anyluck it will be back to the original format. Dexter.. hate that show.. Sparticus, I'll be watching this show, 1st season was awesome... but really it was the Romans that made it awesome.. now they are all dead.. i fear the show will suck. House yea I'll watch this.. southpark yea. american dad..hate that show. Breaking Bad will prob check this out when it comes back. Smallville.. no idea why i watch this.. kinda like stargate... after 10 years i have to get to the end :) Still I normally watch this show on fast forward as well... as it is really pretty bad.

I am curious to see that Tv show on HBO by Martian Scorsese boardwalk empire... could be good could be bad... it is HBO (awesome) but produced by the Sapranos guys.. and i hated that show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Site Admin
Quote:
Now True Blood on the other hand.... omg I can not believe you watch that "paranormal romance" crap.. it is only a few steps above twilight.

Just like Robocop is only a few steps above Short Circuit 2, or any other statement you might want to make in the same vein. :prat: :p

:jesus:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Demon Of The Abyss
..... like i said that show is retarded... I pro would have picked that scene to prove my point :suicide:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:14 am  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Demon Of The Abyss
GrindCallus wrote:
HArper's Island

Never heard of this... grabbed it a while ago when you posted but just got around to watching it... I think it is pretty cool. There is only 1 season.. dose that mean it doesn't end or is it contained? Anyway, if you are stuck for tv, and haven't seen this I think it is worth a look.

<--- EDIT
wow I totally take this comment back.. after watching the 1st to eps it soon dawned on me that this show is frickign terrible.. full of cheesy melodramatic soap opera style crap.. this show is like a even worse melrose place or days of our lives.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Site Admin
Jynks wrote:
..... like i said that show is retarded... I pro would have picked that scene to prove my point :suicide:

That's why I think your point is better described as a limp dick :googley:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:49 am  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Demon Of The Abyss
putting a bit of blood and tits to attract the teenager crowd dosn't instantly make something cool and not a lame drama in the same vien as Melrose Place.

It is a "paranormal romance" exactly like twilight ot the billions of other crap warwolf, vampire ghosts and other terrible sickening sentimental mush. The only diffrence between this and twilight is that it is aimed at 20 somethings instead of young teens, AND the way they did that was just add some tits and gore... sorry but that isn't enough to hide the truth of what this show is.

So just, get your tampons, put em in your purse and go hang out with your girly-men mates and swoon over how the relationship between rouge and vampyer boy and warwolf guy evolves.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:47 am  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Demon Of The Abyss
@Jynks: True Blood has nothing to do with Twilight. I doubt very much that anyone who likes Twilight would see any interest in True Blood. That romance you're talking about is just a very small part off the show (and getting smaller). There's so many cool subplots that you just don´t give a fuck what goes on with the "romantic couple", but even that story is by far better than that Twilight crap. You should try watching True Blood again, but with an open mind. It rocks. :rock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

The Ancient One
Kudos for Jynx's eloquence there, though ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Site Admin
Mataesfola wrote:
@Jynks: True Blood has nothing to do with Twilight. I doubt very much that anyone who likes Twilight would see any interest in True Blood. That romance you're talking about is just a very small part off the show (and getting smaller). There's so many cool subplots that you just don´t give a fuck what goes on with the "romantic couple", but even that story is by far better than that Twilight crap. You should try watching True Blood again, but with an open mind. It rocks. :rock:

This is over spill from scifi.dead-donkey.com where its been going on for months :) Its not progressed of course, because that would be require watching it at least once and that won't happen :D Futile springs to mind.

The next argument about True Blood will be that its got some gay scenes in it (literally, sopranos++ *yuck*) this season and claim that somehow, utilising some kind of beautiful mind style paper trail*, to it being a show for women and therefore being exactly like Twilight. Seems just enough lacking real reasoning to be the next logical step that will be plucked out of the air methinks :)

Of course, Jynks will return to watching Avatar because that is of course "cool" because of all the "cool" cgi and not at all like some big budget bog-bot, cheesy rehash of Pocahontas. Or Dances with Costner.

* or maybe omnigraffle on a "cool" mac ;)

That ought to do it :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:00 am  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Demon Of The Abyss
hey... stop preempting my arguments!!! Where is the fun in that!! :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Demon Of The Abyss
LOL, but I REALLY could do without the gay stuff. And yes, I´m kind of homophobic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Site Admin
Mataesfola wrote:
LOL, but I REALLY could do without the gay stuff. And yes, I´m kind of homophobic.

Na, there's being homophobic and there's not watching to watch two dudes go at it. They are different things. Its like in the Sopranos, most people didn't want to see that shit.

Guess they need to counter-balance the boobies.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Are there any decent tv shows on?

Demon Of The Abyss
If they want to counter-balance the boobies, they should show heavier boobies. :googley: