Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:41 am  Post subject: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

Skull Full Of Maggots
I have vague recollections of a mid-60s or early-70s film that was shot probably in Romania - with castles and such. Were there was a traveling troupe of performers which including a sword swallower, a midget, and a big guy who wasn't too bright. When they are invited to do a show at a local aristocrat's castle, they take the time to do so, and stay for the night. Then, one by one, each meets with a mysterious accident. Once scene that I remember particularly, is when the dwarf gets shot in the eye with a crossbow (I think it was the dwarf anyway). I saw this several times on eastcoast UHF stations during the 70s, but haven't seen it since.

Any ideas in the title, my friends?????????

Thanks!!!

--- DeathStalker

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:58 am  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

Buried In The Backyard
Kinda sounds a little bit like Vampire Circus old Hammer Classic film but im probably wrong i blame the beer . :watchingyou:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

Skull Full Of Maggots
No, checked IMDB - definitely NOT "Vampire Circus".

:(

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

The Ancient One
Moved to /Cabal.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

The Devil, Probably
Hey, if you have so many information ... try the IMDb powersearch: http://www.imdb.com/list :drunk:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

Skull Full Of Maggots
No, tried that actually - also tried searching Plot keywords - no luck :(

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

The Ancient One
Sorry I have no idea, but if you find out, please tell us.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

Skull Full Of Maggots
I'm thinking it might be Castle of the Living Dead (Il Castello dei morti vivi) - going to DL it and check it out to see. I'll let you know :)

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

Site Admin
I was just about to post that suggestion as it was the only decent hit from a google keyword search (although other plots synopsis of the film make it sound completely different):
http://us.imdb.de/title/tt0057924/

But do you honestly not remember Donald Sutherland OR Christopher Lee? Those are two people you tend not to forget ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

Skull Full Of Maggots
It's been SO many years since I've seen it (and I only saw it once) - I just remember the troupe leader who does a self-hanging trick and a dwarf who gets a crossbow bolt in the eye.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

The Devil, Probably
Sounds like a Paul Naschy film I can't place right now...

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:10 am  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

Skull Full Of Maggots
It was indeed Castle Of The Living Dead (aka Il Castello Dei Morti Vivi) - now if anyone has English subtitles or an English version that would be great! :) (I've found only an Italian language version so far)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

The Ancient One
I found these:

ed2k: Il%20castello%20dei%20morti%20vivi.avi  [699.40 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Il.Castello.Dei.Morti.Vivi_MP3.iTA_SATRiP_XViD-CiNETRONiC.avi  [892.28 Mb] [Stats]

Which one did you download? The SatRip should have a better picture but probably Italian audio.

On Amazon.com they are selling the VHS (dubbed in English) and a DVD (which according to the comments is a shitty VHS transfer - language unknown?).

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

Skull Full Of Maggots
It was the first one (which also has just Italian audio) :( Can't locate another version on eMule and no torrents either :(

It's a public domain title now, AFAIK.

I'll try the 2nd one, but I'm in agreement with you that it's probably Italian only.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

The Devil, Probably
There's an English dubbed rip at cinemageddon (registration required): http://www.cinemageddon.org/details.php?id=12669
Or you can buy a copy on Amazon.Com for 9 $: http://www.amazon.com/Castle-Of-The-Liv ... 001AD6UGO/

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

The Ancient One
Bravo, looks like a candidate for a re-rip. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

Skull Full Of Maggots
Indeed! Let's hope someone has a VHS copy - sounds like it would be better than the DVD (the Italian rip was in pretty poor shape).

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

Skull Full Of Maggots
il.castello.dei.morti.vivi_mp3.ita_satrip_xvid-cinetronic.avi is a BEAUTIFUL copy, but it IS in Italian (with Italian credits) - if we could get a copy of English audio for the film, they could be edited together for a great copy.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

The Devil, Probably
Since the original language is Italian, I would prefer that plus English soft subtitles.
The easiest way to create the subtitles would be to use the English dubbed version. :drunk:

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Questions on a Classic "lost" horror ! (19xx)

Skull Full Of Maggots
That would be fine also - but we still need an English version.