Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:00 pm  Post subject: Final Destination 2009, H2, District 9 - Antichrist!

The Devil, Probably
this is shit, not a topic. But what you thin bout those movies? :mrgreen:

well, i can say i really enjoyed District 9. i kinda agree with that guy
Quote:
RobGrizzly | Aug 24, 2009 12:16:23AM PDT
I only agree with Laremy on one point- I would have liked even more exploration of the relations between species. This is the only critique I can find in a film I otherwise deem the best science fiction I've seen in years.

I'm taking into account two recent articles I read on this site, one about the audience/critic divide, the other, Laremy's own 'wanting a better movie.' I feel District 9 applies to both. Here is a fresh, ambitious film, (that isn't a GD sequel, prequel, or toy) pushing things to the next level. A film that might need positive critical support to help encourage other genre movies to try something different. A film that didn't disappoint me like everything else I saw this season, from Wolverine to Public Enemies.
Yet it only gets a B-

I am quite cross with this review.

There is a lot to commend in District 9. For the one thing this review says doesn't work, I feel there is so much more that does.

For starters, District 9 is not 'purely an action film,' at all. Even if it were, it's got some of the best action I've seen in all year. But this all only kicks in the final act- Distric 9 is mostly played quite dramatically, with racial tensions high, and the race to utilize the alien weaponry underscoring one of the nastiest aspects of our culture.

The realistic approach new director Niell Blomkamp uses to tell this story automatically separates this film from the usual suspend-your-disbelief fantasy we normally do when going into films like this.
It feels authentic and grounded with thanks to those documentary-style segments.

There are more ideas and subtext in this movie (metaphors for the way people treat those of another race, class or, in this case, another species) than in everything else released this summer combined. This review complains that they weren't fleshed out enough, but at least it was in there at all. The socio-political issues elevate the material without beating us over the head.
Other things to love about D9:
-lead actor Sharlto Copley does a fantastic job, having never acted before.
-The seamless visual effects are among the most realistic I've ever seen.
-That's a feat in and of itself considering the relatively small budget.
-The smart ability to make the aliens feel real and even relatable, with character traits, families, and even vices.

District 9 is the only movie besides Star Trek that I think totally delivered this year, and for me right now, going into the fall and even the winter, I feel it's the one to beat.

Grade: A

and heres the TRAILERS!

i dont know why but i didnt liked the 3rd one...

Now ive started to watch lars von tirers ANTICHRIST... awesome! fucking awesome!
the opening scene is brilliant...
shit, one of the best movies of 2009

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:31 am  Post subject: Re: Final Destination 2009, H2, District 9 - Antichrist!

Site Admin
I am very much looking forward to District 9 and Antichrist (posted this). Lars Von Trier is an arrogant douche, but he's got talent, district 9 just looks interesting.

As for Halloween, well I've not seen the remake let alone the sequel. Final Destination, I remember the first one and iirc turned off the second.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Destination 2009, H2, District 9 - Antichrist!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
i am looking forward to see District 9 in the cinema and final destination in my room for free :mrgreen:
i ve seen antichrist in open cinema during local film festival i am not impressed

i will not watch H2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Destination 2009, H2, District 9 - Antichrist!

The Devil, Probably
well, district 9 i've watched some screener. But, well, the movie is made from cameras - shop's cameras, security cameras etc., so theres no big difference between screener and dvdrip:D

and Truba, you will watch H2, oh god damn it, you will! :mrgreen: