Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:56 pm  Post subject: George Romero Meets 'Left 4 Dead 2'
Request Territory

Request Territory
In this exclusive, extended two-part interview with G4tv.com's Joe Lynch. the zombie grandmaster digs into the hit video game Left 4 Dead 2 and weighs in on the past, present and future of zombie movies, including his latest, Survival of the Dead. What’s even better is that Joe Lynch (Wrong Turn 2) is conducting the interview! The second link is Part 2 of the interview. Thoughts?

http://www.fearnet.com/videos/b19175_ge ... ead_2.html

http://g4tv.com/videos/46077/George_Rom ... _4_Dead_2/

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:11 pm  Post subject: Re: George Romero Meets 'Left 4 Dead 2'

Site Admin
The interview questions really needed some work... the questions were just PR:
"Do you think the advent of cgi *detailed answer/get out of jail free in question here* has helped you?"
Absolutely.

*sigh*

The real question for me is what does he feel has been lost by the advent of CGI? what are the mistakes and why is there a lot of backlash and resentment for the replacement of practical effects with cgi?

Overall whilst its interesting, game journalism is pretty much a z class in terms of professionalism at current. I remember listening to the 1up podcasts a few years back and they kept covering why scores were, bad, etc. and beyond publications like Edge, the standards are very low, very selective and not very deep.

Interesting to listen to the old bean, but I would have liked to see much more in-depth probing and even critcal questions as they always reveal more worthwhile answers.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:08 pm  Post subject: Re: George Romero Meets 'Left 4 Dead 2'
Request Territory

Request Territory
I agree with you. While it was cool to watch George being interviewed, I too felt the questions lacked a certain depth, especially since he is not often interviewed, I wanted more meat and elss gravy.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:41 pm  Post subject: Re: George Romero Meets 'Left 4 Dead 2'

Site Admin
I find a lot of reviews are fluffy like this because they fear to lose their exclusive. I've got half a mind to startup a site and aim to persuit honest, critical interviews and reviews; but the 'market' is so overloaded with shabby media and weak interviews it would be almost impossible to get it off the ground.

Shame, i guess i could just plastered boobies on every page?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:07 pm  Post subject: Re: George Romero Meets 'Left 4 Dead 2'

Master Of The Dead Donkey
spudthedestroyer wrote:
I've got half a mind to startup a site and aim to persuit honest, critical interviews and reviews

Do it! I've had similar thoughts myself in the past, if you ever start anything, I'm in!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 am  Post subject: Re: George Romero Meets 'Left 4 Dead 2'

Demon Of The Abyss
Look we all love GR's early films.. but imo he has totally LOST it. He is to old and crap now.. like John Carpenter, and to a lesser extent David Cronenberg (one of my fav film makers). There is very very few directors that still retain there edge and awesome after they get over 70.... GR is past it... forget him now... just watch his classics and think of him like that...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:42 am  Post subject: Re: George Romero Meets 'Left 4 Dead 2'

Site Admin
Its rather controversial to say that Cronenberg has lost it, his films are bigger than ever in terms of recognition and appreciation. He's just not doing horror any more. He hasn't made a 'cronenberg' film since eXistenZ. I think he's diluted his vision a lot, two decades ago you could see his films from a mile away and I preferred them. He has in absolutely no way 'lost it' though, if anything he has become a finer director in terms of technical skill.

Ridley Scott has switched places with his brother Tony, from A grade B Movies to Hollywood top blockbusters but as a director he's still top draw.

Romero, unfortunately, has lost his ability to do social or political satire whilst attempting to do the same movies; very different.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:49 pm  Post subject: Re: George Romero Meets 'Left 4 Dead 2'

Demon Of The Abyss
spudthedestroyer wrote:
I've got half a mind to startup a site and aim to persuit honest, critical interviews and reviews; but the 'market' is so overloaded with shabby media and weak interviews it would be almost impossible to get it off the ground

narr do it... just make it a blog or something like that. I do adventure game reviews and interviews and stuff for retro gaming and adventure gaming... you would be surprised how easy it is to get a good interview.. all u gotta do is ask em. Best way to start is do cool reviews and history articles or videos, then when you have a few 100 readers / watchers you ask for the interviews and they just agree....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:21 am  Post subject: Re: George Romero Meets 'Left 4 Dead 2'

Demon Of The Abyss
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Shame, i guess i could just plastered boobies on every page?

Jynks wrote:
narr do it... just make it a blog or something like that

^^ this ^^

Sounds like a plan :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:34 pm  Post subject: Re: George Romero Meets 'Left 4 Dead 2'

Site Admin
boobie blog!