Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:16 pm  Post subject: Please help me find this movietitle

The Ancient One
A long time ago I watched a scifi horror movie on TV and I only remember some things about it. I hope one of you guys knows which moive I'm talking about, as I want to see it again.

It is about some alien creatures who look like jelly-fish with red tentacles. They attach themselves to human bodies on their backs and then sting the humans. These humans get infected. Infected humans don't want to show their backs to other humans anymore, because the alien is still stuck on there. Uninfected humans keep checking other people's backs to mae sure. In one scene an alien jumps over to a black cat which in turn infects a woman/girl by walking by her and making it possible for the alien to jump over once more. This was to show off the intelligence of the creatures.

This is all I know. I guess it was made between 1990 and 1995, but a few years earlier or later is also possible.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

The Devil, Probably
the puppet masters? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111003/
Quote:
The Earth is invaded by alien "slugs" that ride on people's backs and control their minds.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

The Ancient One
Looks like you hit it on the head. Downloading now! I'll let you know when I watched it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

The Devil, Probably
i also soad this movie when i was young and stupid - through im not sure, but i think its this one :) ok, let me know it, i also will watch it again than

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:23 am  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

The Devil, Probably
Must be the puppet masters :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

The Ancient One
Watched it yesterday (the Infect rip downloaded in a few hours), and it is The Puppet Masters indeed. It took a while before the scene with the cat appeared nd it wasn't exactly like I remembered, but it was close enough. Thanks Macabria!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

The Ancient One
OK, looking for another movietitle here. Yesterday I watched Class of Nuke 'Em High. A friend of mine mentioned a film he had seen a while ago and we talked about it, because Class... made us think of it. It's a movie which has the following scene:

A car graveyard (junkyard): punk looking teenagers are fighting their teachers, using automatic weapons. They take cover behind carwrecks during the fighting. The teachers are cyborgs or something.

And (not sure if this is from the same movie): one teacher has a drill or an electric saw in his arm and he kills a teenager with it by smashing the head.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

Site Admin
Slayer wrote:
Watched it yesterday (the Infect rip downloaded in a few hours), and it is The Puppet Masters indeed. It took a while before the scene with the cat appeared nd it wasn't exactly like I remembered, but it was close enough. Thanks Macabria!

its actually based on the same book that all 3 invasion of the body snatchers films are based on :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

Demon Of The Abyss
Class of 1999? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099277/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

The Devil, Probably
wow, looks like a great class :mrgreen: :beerchug:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

Buried In The Backyard
Mataesfola wrote:

The Substitute had Tom Berenger as a murderous cyborg teacher as well... and Class of 1984 was pretty awesome as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

Buried In The Backyard
I'm trying to recall the title of a movie I saw as a kid in the 80's. I only have vague memories of it, but I'd love to rewatch it.

A girl travels through the mirror in her room to a bizarre world where an evil lady is keeping the last tree in a glass thing in her house. The girl needs the fruit from the tree in the glass to save her dying grandmother. I remember a scene where something from the world gets back and ends up in her laundry basket. Also, some creatures in the other world seemed to be able to walk on walls, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

The Ancient One
Mataesfola wrote:
Crap, I already thought it was that one, but I wasn't sure. Maybe I should lay off the booze a bit more ;) Thanks for confirming, Mataesfola!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

Demon Of The Abyss
Slayer wrote:
Mataesfola wrote:
Crap, I already thought it was that one, but I wasn't sure. Maybe I should lay off the booze a bit more ;) Thanks for confirming, Mataesfola!

Laying of the booze is never an option, glad I could help. :drunk:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movietitle

The Devil, Probably
rotgut wrote:
I'm trying to recall the title of a movie I saw as a kid in the 80's. I only have vague memories of it, but I'd love to rewatch it.

A girl travels through the mirror in her room to a bizarre world where an evil lady is keeping the last tree in a glass thing in her house. The girl needs the fruit from the tree in the glass to save her dying grandmother. I remember a scene where something from the world gets back and ends up in her laundry basket. Also, some creatures in the other world seemed to be able to walk on walls, etc.

Some Chronicles of Narnia mixed with Snowwhite :mrgreen:
but its interesting, i also would like - now - to know the title of this movie
lets hope someon knows it :)