Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:01 am  Post subject: What movie is this? A Cronenberg flick? (screenshot inside)

Buried In The Backyard
Looking for info on what movie this may be. I have absolutely zero info on the picture itself, other than that it's posted from time to time on 4chan. Help greatly appreciated.

This image has been resized

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:42 pm  Post subject: Re: What movie is this? A Cronenberg flick? (screenshot insi

Site Admin
That's a screenshot from the second mini series of "The Kingdom" by Lars Von Trier. Its Danish and its actual native title is "Riget". There are two mini-seasons for the mini-series. The show is about the happenings in and around a hospital based on a haunted location.

You can find series 1 here:
viewtopic.php?t=19708
and series 2 here:
viewtopic.php?t=19709

Some interesting facts,
1) European director Lars Von Trier is extremely controversial, recently he made the film Antichrist which is banned in several countries and has hardcore sex scenes (the opening features slow motion black and white sex scenes spliced into a baby falling to its death out of a window).
2) "The Kingdom"/"Riget" was 'remade' as an utterly terrible US TV show called "Kingdom Hospital" written by Stephen King.

I thought it was BBC2 that showed it originally ~ 12pm on fridays, not channel 4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:00 pm  Post subject: Re: What movie is this? A Cronenberg flick? (screenshot insi

Buried In The Backyard
Damn that's more info than I ever could have hoped for. Awesome, thanks spud. I remember they showed Kingdom Hospital a buncha years ago on TV but I never got around to watching it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:24 pm  Post subject: Re: What movie is this? A Cronenberg flick? (screenshot insi

The Ancient One
Riget is friggin awesome! I think it might be the best thing von Trier has ever done.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:03 pm  Post subject: Re: What movie is this? A Cronenberg flick? (screenshot insi

Site Admin
skribb wrote:
Damn that's more info than I ever could have hoped for. Awesome, thanks spud. I remember they showed Kingdom Hospital a buncha years ago on TV but I never got around to watching it.

Don't, the us remake is horrible and not in a good way. Complete crap.

Watch the original Riget/The Kingdom miniseries! You have been warned :)