Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:31 am  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
Man comedy horror with extreme gore are always the best. Like many I enjoyed the Frighteners. However was susprised to see Peter Jacksons name on the cover. To be honest, I had no idea who he was then till I later saw Bad Taste and Brain Dead.

How many of you knew who he was at that time? Anywho - any more flics that we've missed here? Saturday The 14th is an obvious classic. But what else? As many flics as I missed in the 80's I'm sure there are quite a few horroromedies that I missed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:06 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Jack Deth wrote:
Man comedy horror with extreme gore are always the best. Like many I enjoyed the Frighteners. However was susprised to see Peter Jacksons name on the cover. To be honest, I had no idea who he was then till I later saw Bad Taste and Brain Dead.

How many of you knew who he was at that time?

Eh, Jackson was a legendary icon for me (and my friends) ever since Braindead. We quickly got ahold of Bad Taste and Meet the Feebles and Heavenly Creatures when that came out, but I was unable to asure a copy of Forgotten Silver until I started muling. Since I didn't see that I was much dissapointed with Frighteners. The anticipation was way to big. If it had been made by someone else I guess I'd enjoyed it, but from Jackson I was expecting much more. I read something about him not being to satisfied with it himself either. Something about loosing control as the budget got bigger I think. It was not they way he wanted it to be, and he did it for the $$$.