Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:25 am  Post subject: Fresh (1994) (Drama) (Unverified)

The Ancient One
ed2k: Fresh_(1994).VH-PROD.avi  [697.75 Mb] [Stats]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109842/

Samuel L. Jackson
Imdb rating: 7.4!!!!!!! (now is that a record on this forum?)

I've been searching for this every now and then and today I finally found a link for it. Since it's tagged SR I hope it's the real deal. Can't seam to access SR now to verify this though, but currently getting aboot 60 sources.

Anyway, not too many seam to know aboot this great gem. It's one of those with a really intelligent script in the same class as 'Usual Suspects'. I remember the director/writer was predicted a great career because of this debut, but sadly he's not done much else noteworthy yet and this film was drowned by the success of other bigger-budget epos's that year like 'Pulp Fiction'. If I had to pin this down genre-wise I'd say gangster/hood-drama, but don't think it's in the same bin as the lesser 'Boy-in-the-hood' or 'Mennace 2 Society'. The most similar film I can remember right now is probably 'Dirty Pretty Things' so if you liked that, get this. NOW! =)

(now I just have to get ahold of 'SFW' (1994) and my '94 drama collection will be almost complete)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:26 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Yes, this is a very good movie, quite shocking in parts. Sort of similar in theme to City of God.

I should point out that surely I (:mrgreen: ) hold the record for the highest rated posting with Ghostwatch. Currently 8.7/10!

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.