Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:22 pm  Post subject: The Last Train (1999) (sci-fi/Drama) (TVrip)

The Devil, Probably
http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0195471/

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Sh ... owid-9500/

A group of train passengers, including a policeman (Ian Hart) a wanted criminal (Mick Sizer) and an M.O.D. scientist (Harriet Ambrose) are travelling to Sheffield when their train crashes inside a tunnel and a strange gas envelopes them. When they awake, they find that Harriet froze them all so they could survive the giant meteor impact that destroyed the rest of the world. Now, they seem to be the only survivors of the human race in a world overrun with tropical plants and patrolled by packs of man-eating dogs.

Code:
These are TV rips from ITV2 with the ads cut out, the end credits have been removed from episodes 1-5 but are there in full for the final episode 6 this is not my doing it's just how how they where on the source i had, also there is a channel logo in top left of screen throughout

The 6 episodes are split into 3 files with each file containing 2 episodes :)

so here's episode 1 and 2 for starters when this is spread sufficiently i'll release the next

The Last Train (1999) (mini) Episode 1 & 2 [Bassline].avi

The Last Train (1999) (mini) Episode 3 & 4 [Bassline].avi

The Last Train (1999) (mini) Episode 5 & 6 [Bassline].avi

enjoy
:D

[ Add all 3 links to your ed2k client ]

Last edited by Bassline on Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:51 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
Sounds really interesting, thx!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:42 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Seems a bit stretched vertically...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:10 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Polityk wrote:
Seems a bit stretched vertically...

it's just the way those pics where shot....correct aspect was used 512X384 (4:3 TV rip) either that or the source was bad?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:54 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Must be the source then, they probably wanted to fit WS to a FS ratio.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:57 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Polityk wrote:
Must be the source then, they probably wanted to fit WS to a FS ratio.

this show was screened in fs not ws :wacky:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:09 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
You mean it was actually shot with bad AR? :lol:

BTW, the synopsis sounds very interesting, I'm going to click it as soon as I have some free space on my hdd. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:18 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
as with most older TV shows it was shot in 4:3 even though 1999 isn't that old i guess ITV was doing it on the cheap :wacky:

Anyway the show is not bad at all and worth a watch for those that like the apocalyptic genre (as i do)
:beerchug:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:20 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
I did a little experiment, this one was definitely shot, or at least cropped to, widescreen (1.85)

Screenshot resized in Paint Shop Pro, using resize contraint of 1.85 : 1 (that's standard film WS) and horizontal at 100%, height at 71%:

As you can see, the AR is now correct. I suspect the video, if its squashed like that, was recorded in Anamorphic (ie. cropped the blackboarders and stretched). With DVDs, the blackboarders are then rendered back on on the fly, which your VHS doesn't do (it would appear fine on a ws tv though).

To fix this, you need to set your player to 1.85:1, or if you can't, re-encode with a resize filter to correct this.

ps. Going from screenshots only

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:27 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
I just noticed definitive 'evidence', look at the ITV logo... its not in the correct place, showing that this was broadcast in Widescreen (ie. like my LOG S3 caps were, if you look at the one I got from BBC3, the BBC logo is in the middle of the picture not in the upper left).

This shows that the series was broadcast in widescreen and not 4:3. It may have originally been broadcast in 4:3 on ITV1 (actually, this is a lie, it would more accurately be cropped to 4:3), but this print definitely isn't, it is taken from an unmatted print and then cropped to 1.85:1 standard cinema AR (which is how most stuff is done most of the time, that's why you see director's looking at monitors with paper stuck over it to create a 1.85:1 AR)

Anyway, if its true 4:3, the logo is right up in the left corner :)

btw. BBC has been using WS for a long time now, set your digibox to display in 4:3 letterbox and you'll see... if your TV displays like that, then you have it set up to 16:9. Sky digital needs setting up, go to Services>4>1... you will now have the option of choosing 4:3 (avoid unless your a butchered picture fiend), 4:3 letterbox (select this) or 16:9 (only if you got a ws tv)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:43 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
ok i think i understand what you mean :wacky:

i've dvd decrypted the dvd to my HD and loaded the files into AutoGK and it says this

Video info: PAL - 720x576 - 4:3 Normal - 25fps

so am i to presume this is wrong? and it should read 16:9?

and should i re-rip this to get a 1:85:1 AR? and is this possible to rip 16:9 if AutoGK thinks it's 4:3....or do i just rip it as 4:3 then resize it in vdub mod after? :wacky:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:37 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
ok,it's been brought to my attention that the AR of this rip should be 16:9 and not 4:3 as the rips look stretched in the images.....this was due to the DVD stating it was 4:3 so i ripped as 4:3 :? so to stop the files looking stretched on screen it's best to use bsplayer or zoomplayer or media players that can change the aspect onscreen,failing that you could do a quick recode with virtualdub mod and resize the AR to give a 16:9 output.

If ppl don't want to do this i could always try and recode/re-rip them at a later date but please let me know so i can stop the sharing of this asap if thats what you all want.

Sorry for this slight hiccup :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:26 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Use gknot ;) This is why it exists, sometimes autugk is far too dumb for its own good lol.

You could just edit the avisynth script. If those screenshots are actual size, take the pixel dimension of that screenshot up there.

I also heard xvid has a new feature that can flag the correct AR and the decoder corrects it on the fly (thus it can encode it a lot more accurately for bit/pixel allocation, but is stretched to the correct AR in the end.)? Maybe there's some program that can just flag the feature and you can create a patch or something.

I'd encode the others as propers, or if you have them done already leave them as is, same fix applies. Use any competant player to resize.

ps. I take it you have a digibox linked up to a DVDrecorder? What you need to do is get the digibox to be setup so that the 'second output location' (which is scart to DVD recorder), is set to '4:3 L' :) If that isn't the case, I suspect you have the DVDrecoder setup wrong.

Quote:
or do i just rip it as 4:3 then resize it in vdub mod after?

Not if you mean re-encode after encoding, no.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:35 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Gknot baffles me :P

and no i don't have a digibox myself i acquired a DVD that someone else had done obviously wrongly if the DVD is showing 4:3 and ripped from that :wacky:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:07 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
gknot.doom9.org .. trained monkeys can follow those guides, do every single thing it says and you can't really mess up (unless there's some junk on your system). It's not so much a guide but a ... well... you just do everything exactly as it says. :)

You must have the ability to read and can't have A.D.D, apart from that its as logical as it comes.

What exactly is baffling? if you need help I can tell you what it means, but I was able to waltz through it and didn't even need it the next time... so that already means it really is idiot proof! :lol: Seriously, just follow it, and then if there's something that you don't understand, ask (pm, help section, whatever). In all likelyhood you won't need to because as said, its just a do this step by step deal :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:12 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
but i'm a wild monkey and have not been trained as yet :wacky:

giving GK a shot now though will get back to you after i've mesed it up :roll:

and what you said earlier, i have already ripped them all previously but with the wrong 4:3 AR...so up to everyone thats d/l whether i continue to share those rips or i try again with the hopefully sorted GK rips :wink:

i've unshared for now but will reshare if ppl want the 4:3 rips as i don't want to waste b/w on a f*ck up :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:50 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
ah ffs this DVD will not rip as 16:9 no matter what i do to it...even GK wants to rip it as a 4:3 avi file :twisted:

gonna continue to spread the 4:3 rips as at least they can be fixed with a good media player :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:06 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:31 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
ah ffs this DVD will not rip as 16:9 no matter what i do to it...even GK wants to rip it as a 4:3 avi file

You see the box that allows you to enter a AR, type 1.85 ;) The picture will be correct. Then hit autocrop, then check smart auto crop all.

The AR should be correct :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:50 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
something else went wrong aswell anyway and i can't be assed to keep reading doom9 to correct this :lol:

and nobody has been that bothered about them being wrong AR (so far) so i'm saving my time and ripping Alligator 1 and 2 instead with AutoGK or FairUse since they are simple enough for me to work out :D