Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:44 pm  Post subject: Dangerous Encounters Of The First Kind(1980)(Action)(DVDRip)

The Ancient One
Dangerous Encounters Of The First Kind(1980) aka Di yi lei xing wei xian (1980)
IMDB

Plot:
Triad bosses moonlighting as dance club DJs, adolescent boys who need just a nudge to plunge into a life of crime, crazed Vietnam veterans who sever limbs without hesitation, a teenage girl whose desire to die is trumped only by her passion to wreak havoc on society: this is the world of Don't Play With Fire, where bombs go off in movie theaters and cats rot on steel spikes.

Tsui Hark's original version of this violent and bloody film was first banned, and then censored and recut to eradicate any unwanted political comments. Although politics were not completely excised, the film runs mainly on high testosterone. Like many Hong Kong films of the slasher genre, the story introduces graphic scenes of violence, including short scenes of actual animal torture. The plot centers around a group of teenagers who accidentally run over a man, an unhappy event that is witnessed by the warped animal hater, played by Lin Chun Shi. She blackmails the teenagers into sadistic acts, one of which inadvertently lands them with a pile of Japanese money claimed by the mob. From there, the teenagers fight off malevolent white guys who do not wield anything less than AK-47s. Outgunned and outnumbered, the teens seem doomed to extinction in great, bloody, graphic detail. If a political statement can be found in the saga of bad whites against Chinese teens, it certainly does not involve passive resistance. ? Eleanor Mannikka

Most nihilistic movie ever !

This one is a punk movie made by a young and (very) angry filmmaker, as dark as dark goes ; not one character is redeemable in this story where a bunch of amateurs killers suddenly brushes with the real stuff. The finale in the Hong Kong cemetery (already featured in John Woo's movies) is prominent remains breathtaking. A masterpiece, but be warned : this is strong stuff that grows up on you, the movie equivalent of music by Skinny Puppy, Korn or Nine Inch Nails. One of my favorite ever (It even was theatrically released in France as "L'enfer des armes" - "Hell by weapons", which describes it perfectly

Tsui.Hark.-.Dangerous.Encounter-First.Kind.Cant.(Chin&Engsub).avi

(i have no specs for this on yet)

Other version:
Di.yi.lei.xing.wei.xian.-.Dangerous.Encounters.of.the.First.Kind.(1980,.Tsui.hark,.official.version,.Dvd,.Xvid,.Cantonese,.no.subs).cd1.avi
Di.yi.lei.xing.wei.xian.-.Dangerous.Encounters.of.the.First.Kind.(1980,.Tsui.hark,.official.version,.Dvd,.Xvid,.Cantonese,.no.subs).cd2.avi

subs:.
Di.yi.lei.xing.wei.xian.-.l'enfer.des.armes.(1980,.Tsui.hark,.official.version,.french).cd1.srt
Di.yi.lei.xing.wei.xian.-.l'enfer.des.armes.(1980,.Tsui.hark,.official.version,.french).cd2.srt

(i could only find french subs for this movie but if someone could make english subs that would be great)

CD1:
Name.........: Di yi lei xing wei xian - Dangerous Encounters of the First Kind (1980, Tsui hark, official version, Dvd, Xvid, Cantonese, no subs) cd1.avi
Filesize.....: 686 MB (or 703,376 KB or 720,257,024 bytes)
Runtime......: 00:45:08 (67,701 fr)
Video Codec..: XviD
Video Bitrate: 1918 kb/s
Audio Codec..: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
Audio Bitrate: 201 kb/s (100/ch, stereo) VBR LAME3.93a?
Frame Size...: 752x320 (2.35:1) [=47:20]

CD2:
Name.........: Di yi lei xing wei xian - Dangerous Encounters of the First Kind (1980, Tsui hark, official version, Dvd, Xvid, Cantonese, no subs) cd2.avi
Filesize.....: 699 MB (or 716,610 KB or 733,808,640 bytes)
Runtime......: 00:45:56 (68,895 fr)
Video Codec..: XviD
Video Bitrate: 1921 kb/s
Audio Codec..: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
Audio Bitrate: 201 kb/s (100/ch, stereo) VBR
Frame Size...: 752x320 (2.35:1) [=47:20]

Screens of the official version:

[ Add all 5 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:38 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Well if it's about nihilism I am already there..thanks for another one man :beerchug:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:46 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
i already got teh 1cd rip of this but not got round to watchin yet....can post specs when home in teh morning :) shame there no subs for teh 2cd version as looks w much better rip. teh dual hardcoded subs on teh 1cd rip suk!! take up a lot of screen space

<a href="https://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7143" target="_blank">Giallo Collection</a>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:20 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
if someone can make english subs out of the french ones, it would be great, cant be to hard if you know french and english, plz someone do it.... i had enough of the cantonese screaming and mumbling baloney...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:03 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
specs for : ed2k: Tsui.Hark.-.Dangerous.Encounter-First.Kind.Cant.(Chin&Engsub).avi  [697.41 Mb] [Stats]
697MB runtime: 01:36:36@29.970fps
Vid: 608x308 (1.97:1) DivX3 937kbs
Audio: MP3 64kbs mono CBR 44100HZ

with the hardcoded english AND chinese subs this really is a shitty rip!! altho dont be 2 put off by teh audio cos teh movie is mono originally. picture is pretty damned grainy tho. here's hoping for subs for the 2CD rip

<a href="https://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7143" target="_blank">Giallo Collection</a>