Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:44 pm  Post subject: Silence Of The Lambs (1991) (720p) (Watermarked)

Dead But Dreaming

Quote:
Brilliant Best Picture of 1991 that never gets old. "The Silence of the Lambs" deals with a young FBI cadet (Oscar-winner Jodie Foster) who is sent to interview a captured madman (Oscar-winner Anthony Hopkins in one of the greatest performances ever on the screen) to find out about a serial killer (Ted Levine) who is stripping the skin from his female victims after they die. The FBI has had no luck with the case and agent Scott Glenn tries to throw a curve-ball to Hopkins by sending Foster. Hopkins is a former doctor of Levine and holds the clues to capturing the unknown criminal. Needless to say the film takes many twists and turns, creating a suspenseful thriller that has no equal. At the heart of "The Silence of the Lambs" are the confrontations between Hopkins and Foster. They play a complicated chess match of words which results in some of the greatest footage ever captured for the cinema. Hopkins dominates in spite of the fact he has approximately 17 minutes of time in the film. This is a film that will wrap itself around you and you will likely never be able to shake some of the key elements you have seen in this amazing masterpiece. 5 stars out of 5.

Video: XVID 1280x672 23.98fps 
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 5ch 448Kbps
Duration : 1:58:32

ed2k: The.Silence.of.the.Lambs.1991.1280x672.HDTV-RE@SiLu-WADVD.avi  [4.20 Gb] [Stats]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:36 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Is this watermarked at all? Do you know if its upsampled or remastered?
I notice there's a half-line of bad cropping on the underside and the left of the picture too :(

Then again a 76kb screenshot of a hdtv rip isn't going to show much. If you got the source, switch the compression to level 10 (in photoshop or psp) and then save and upload if you want representative screenshots (you'll have to use a text link because of the size). That will be about 500kb I'd imagine, maybe more, but it represents what you get :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:19 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Infrequent, brief watermarks of the tv channels logo. It's clearer than upscaled (my pc is connected to my DLP 720P TV, so I watch all my DVD's and rips upscaled to 1280x720) but hopefully when HDDVD\Bluray hits the sweetspot price they will have better transfers. Still, this is a pretty sweet stopgap! :D

I took the screenshots with BS player

I have seen a number of these 720p rips at sharethefiles and am downloading a few I am inerested in and watching\verifying them before posting them here (If horror). I am now starting demon knight since I havent seen it since 1995.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:12 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
damn, well i've placed watermarked rips in lower quality. Its a bit of a travesty but i guess i have to be consistent.

if you come across anymore hdtv horror, keep up the good work posting :beerchug: