Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:39 am  Post subject: Demon Knight (1995) (720p) (Watermarked)

Dead But Dreaming

Quote:
I have never read any of the Tales from the Crypt comics, nor have I seen the series, or any other movies that has anything to do with Tales from the Crypt, apart from Bordello of Blood. Therefore, I'll say up front, that I have no idea how true this is to the source material; if it is, however, I might consider trying to to find some of the comics, or look for some form of release for the series. It's pretty entertaining, considering that it's a B-movie-like gore-packed bloody horror film, that can easily be classified as corny and maybe even lame. I heard someone comparing this to From Dusk Till Dawn; you could say that they are somewhat similar, but I think this has much more emphasis on the blood and gore than Rodriguez/Tarantino's film has, which has far more action and one-liners than actual violence(it barely has any violence in the first half, whereas this has violence about 15 minutes into the film). The plot is fairly good, for a film of this genre, and moves along damn fast; if you don't pay attention, you'll most likely miss something. Of course, that's just want the film wants: your attention for 90 minutes of gory, bloody, violent fun; nothing more, nothing less. The acting and characters are about as good as they come for this genre(the little-to-no-point-apart-from-as-much-violence-in-as-little-time-as-possible genre). The effects are reasonably good, as is the gore. You probably won't be disappointed if you're into gory horror films. This film also marks one of Billy Zane's best acting jobs; the rest are so-so, though most of them are good enough to at least not detract attention from the blood and gore. I think John Kassir as the Crypt Keeper(or his voice, whatever) is great; chilling and disgusting. Not to mention the lame black humor puns he dishes out; great. All in all, an enjoyable little gory film to put on if you've got nothing else to do, and you need to kill 90 minutes without being bored. I recommend it to fans of gory horror films, and people who just want to be entertained for 90 minutes without having to think very much.

Video: XVID 1280x720 23.98fps [Stream 00]
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch 384Kbps [Stream 01]
Duration: 01:32:13

Source for this file is unknown. Gspot reads this file incorrectly so the above details are from MPC. Screenshots are compressed and taken with BSPlayer. I have previewed the film and spied no watermarks as yet, and will update after my friend has come over to watch this with me this weekend. The picture quality is pretty good for this resolution and amount of camera swinging and lightening flashing involved. It looks ace on my 720P tv anyway ;)

UPDATE : Transparent TV station watermark appears about 10 times for about 3 seconds a pop!

AVI File Details
========================================
Name.........: Tales.From.the.Crypt.Demon.Knight.hdtv.720re.fanxy@ silu.avi
Filesize.....: 304 MB (or 311,640 KB or 319,119,360 bytes)
Runtime......: ?
Video Codec..: XviD
Video Bitrate: ?
Audio Codec..: ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Audio Bitrate: 384 kb/s (6 ch) VBR LAME3.97bª
Frame Size...: 1280x720 (1.78:1) [=16:9]

The last screenshot is a lossless screen capture and is ~1Mb at full png compression (see pic below) and ~2.7Mb raw!!!!

ed2k: Tales.From.the.Crypt.Demon.Knight.hdtv.720re.fanxy@silu.avi  [4.30 Gb] [Stats]

Last edited by kamlem on Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:46 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
For Spuds interest, this is what Gspot gives me....

Code:
AVI File Details
========================================
Name.........: Tales.From.the.Crypt.Demon.Knight.hdtv.720re.fanxy@ silu.avi
Filesize.....: 304 MB (or 311,640 KB or 319,119,360 bytes)
Runtime......: ?
Video Codec..: XviD
Video Bitrate: ?
Audio Codec..: ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Audio Bitrate: 384 kb/s (6 ch) VBR LAME3.97bª
Frame Size...: 1280x720 (1.78:1) [=16:9]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Demon Knight (1995) (720p) (Watermarked)

The Devil, Probably
I have transloaded the images of this one but they are small even when you click them - WTF??? :evil:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)