Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:44 pm  Post subject: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

Master Of The Dead Donkey
The City Of The Dead (aka Horror Hotel) 1960 Widescreen Undead Collector's Edition NTSC DVD9

This image has been resized

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053719/

A young coed (Nan Barlow) uses her winter vacation to research a paper on witchcraft in New England. Her professor recommends that she spend her time in a small village called Whitewood. He originally cam from that village so he also recommends she stay at the "Raven's Inn," run by a Mrs. Newlis. She gets to the village and notices some weird happenings, but things begin to happen in earnest when she finds herself "marked" for sacrifice by the undead coven of witches. It seems that the innkeeper is actually the undead spirit of Elizabeth Selwyn, and the "guests" at the inn are the other witches who have come to celebrate the sacrifice on Candalmas Eve. As one of them said when Nan walked away, "HE will be PLEASED."

Video Format:
MPEG2 NTSC R0
16:9 (1.66:1)
720X480

Play Time: 1:17:54

Audio Streams:
-English Dolby AC-3/2 (Mono)
-Commentary Track 1
-Commentary Track 2

Features And Specifications

-Original British Version with over 2 minutes of footage not found in the American HORROR HOTEL version.
-Feature length Commentary with actor Christopher Lee
-45 minute Interview with Christopher Lee
-Interview with Venetia Stevenson
-Interview and Commentary by Director John Moxey
-Theatrical Trailer
-Photo Gallery
-Cast Bios
-Anamorphic Widescreen Enhanced for 16x9 monitors

Full untouched DVD9.

This image has been resized This image has been resized

This image has been resized This image has been resized This image has been resized This image has been resized This image has been resized This image has been resized This image has been resized This image has been resized This image has been resized This image has been resized This image has been resized This image has been resized

Torrent : http://tracker.zaerc.com/torrents-details.php?id=14833

Enjoy !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:56 pm  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

The Devil, Probably
looks like a quality dvd! thanks! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:39 pm  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

After reflection, I was wondering if this Topic would not be better in the Torrent section... a mod could move this, if needed...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:02 am  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

The Ancient One
Exactly my thoughts. This belongs to the torrent section. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:47 am  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

The Devil, Probably
Hey guys. Could someone make a proper rip of this and share it with the mule? That would be awesome! :beerchug:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:26 pm  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

Blood Sucking Freak
I have so much other stuff + I'm sloooow!

What format? I like x264/mkv.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:29 pm  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

The Devil, Probably
fuEgo wrote:
I have so much other stuff + I'm sloooow!

What format? I like x264/mkv.

That's fine with me as long as the quality is alright. :drunk:

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:16 am  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

Alright, alright, it's been a long time you wanted a AVI of this one, i'll make you one, if my ripping skills are good enough for you? DVD 1/3, XviD with elchupacabra setting, AC3 and picture cropped...

Let me know, and i'll make it (btw, my version is the Uncut one) "Original British Version with over 2 minutes of footage not found in the American HORROR HOTEL version"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:57 pm  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

The Ancient One
Pls don't make two rips of the same movie: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2202&start=0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:23 pm  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

I'll leave Eldin rip it then :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:56 pm  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

The Devil, Probably
EvilDeadlyImmortal wrote:
... (btw, my version is the Uncut one) "Original British Version with over 2 minutes of footage not found in the American HORROR HOTEL version"

Eldin said his version is 84 minutes long, so I am unsure which is the real uncut runtime.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:31 pm  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

The DVD I have (VCI Entertainment) claim to have the British UNCUT Version (titled The City Of The Dead) with 2 minutes more than the US Cut version, titled Horror Hotel.

I have 1h. 17min. 54sec. when playing it in either VLC and WMP.

My DVD from VCI Entertainment is NTSC, 29.97fps.
Here's some other spec:

Eldin say that he have the Redemption DVD, which is PAL. So about the time comparison, it's gonna be hard to tell...

Anyway, if his version on the Redemption DVD is indeed the Uncut one (which i'm not saying it's not), well, i'll let him rip his DVD. I'm just providing more info on the DVD I own, if anybody is interested (if not, 10 min of my time wasted, so not a big deal :googley: ).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:12 pm  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)
Request Territory

Request Territory
PM sent to EvilDeadlyImmortal requesting a reseed! Many thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:45 pm  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)

Blood Sucking Freak
EvilDeadlyImmortal wrote:
The DVD I have (VCI Entertainment) claim to have the British UNCUT Version (titled The City Of The Dead) with 2 minutes more than the US Cut version, titled Horror Hotel.

I have 1h. 17min. 54sec. when playing it in either VLC and WMP.

My DVD from VCI Entertainment is NTSC, 29.97fps.
Here's some other spec:

Eldin say that he have the Redemption DVD, which is PAL. So about the time comparison, it's gonna be hard to tell...

Anyway, if his version on the Redemption DVD is indeed the Uncut one (which i'm not saying it's not), well, i'll let him rip his DVD. I'm just providing more info on the DVD I own, if anybody is interested (if not, 10 min of my time wasted, so not a big deal :googley: ).

Sorry forgot about this, I said I had ordered the redemption dvd, but after about a week or so hadn't heard anything so went on their website and found that they were changing their bank so any credit card orders wouldn't be dealt with for a couple of weeks so I cancelled my order and rented it from lovefilm, however to my horror :evil: when I stuck it in my dvd drive it only ran for 1:17:57 @25fps :voodoo: but it was listed on the Redemption site, Amazon and lovefilm as being 84mins. BASTARDS !! Anyhow I ended up buying the VCI release myself which is superior to the Redemption release in every way, see comperison here http://dvdoutsider.co.uk/dvd/reviews/c/city_of_the_dead.html So after all this I ain't gonna bother to release it as I have other stuff I want to get out cheers and sorry for the confusion, a lesson here, don't believe everything you read on the internet :shadey:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:13 am  Post subject: Re: The City Of The Dead aka Horror Hotel (1960) (DVD9)
Request Territory

Request Territory
looking good thanks :o