Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:38 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
"Braindead aka Dead Alive, uncut? No prob for me, here, take it!" I?ve heared that alot of times in past 5 years. And then it had cuts, everytime. That was my main motif not to buy the Red Edition dvd. Should the times have really changed that much that horror movies released by official german labels are 100% uncut? Now I finaly understand all the talk on this board about ?is it verified, is it verified?. I almost started to feel like toothless Babe being asked: ?Is it save...is it save...eh...is it save?? :lol: I believe we could face soon some crass suprises, not only in regard to Braindead er, Dead Alive, but for Red Label releases in general.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:30 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Download for both files completed (and I powershare them). More about, incoming weekend. :mrgreen: I hope this daam thread will appear again on the main page :P (Yesterday, or so, I added a message for Doc in regard to marial arts mixed with western genre and nothing appeared)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:45 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Oh yes, according to my super stabile Zoomplayer version...

CD1----> 49:36 min
CD2----> 47:34 min

:-o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:52 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
49,5+47,5=97.

Wth were they thinking making this nfo? Playtime is 10 minutes shorter and the subs are french, not english... Anyway, this is the best quality I've seen of Braindead.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:00 am  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
CD1 is complete. I was told that the uncut edition opens with God Saves the Queen playing - that's not how this opens, it's the guys carrying the rat monkey. Also, the title screen says DEAD ALIVE, not BRAINDEAD.

This isn't uncut. Damn... thanks for editing the first post for me, Polityk.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:21 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
I have an old rip of this flick, 97 minutes long. It's Dead Alive.

I also have Braindead (on VHS), opening with the Queen riding her favourite pony, and GStQ playing. It's also 97 minutes long. It's EXACTLY the same version I have stored on CD as Dead Alive, checked it second after second (I've seen this flick ~60 times, so I'd have noticed if there were any differences). There is also arundel's 2cd version (u can find it on FH), which is Braindead with the queen, and the playing time is the same.

What is more, I think the waf rip is the same version as the old 1 cd rip that I have. Basically, this means that it's exactly the same as the Braindead version with the queen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:11 am  Post subject:

Master Of The Dead Donkey
hehe man, i cant believe people still have trouble recognizing cut and uncut version of braindead... im only seing this thread now, im amazed cause no one came and just said "ok, got 9MB of this, then previewed... it doesnt start with the new zeland flag nor footage of the queen... plus the title says dead alive and the aspect ratio isnt original 1.78:1" and thats it , its all it takes to know if its BRAINDEAD uncut or the edited DEAD ALIVE... :P a while ago there was a fine release of the real uncut Braindead... stick to that :P you guys just want too much , i believe theres no such thing as an "extended" version of this one, you already got a full uncut version in a nice 2cd rip... but people insist in spreading this butchered version :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:25 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Have you read what I posted above? This version is exactly the same as the version with the queen. There is no single second that would be different or not present. And the versions with the queen are worse quality. I have both Braindead and Dead Alive, I've seen them MANY times (read above), and there's simply no difference. I also saw pieces of this version and if the running time is 1:37, then it has to be the same version of which I have a 1 cd rip (called Dead Alive). The playing time is the same. And it's also the same as the Braindead version, which I have on VHS. Ok, I'm not going to explain it once again.

I'm going to stick to this version, it's the best available quality and the longest available version I've seen on eMule. Although I must say I really miss the queen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:25 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
showed it to GF the other day. she didn't like it. maybe I dump her now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:38 am  Post subject:

ok then, its just strange that all the sources states that the only way it can be uncut is if the title is Braindead and not Dead Alive, plus its too odd that the version with the queen in the beginning has the same running time, very strange :/ how come its supposed to be longer if its at least the same running time? and ive always read that "if you see 97min it means its CUT"... im confused :P and is this one 1.78:1 ?! ill take your word as u say u have seen it a lot of times, but i confess its confusing hehe maybe u should take a look at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103873/alternateversions as they say all the scenes missing in the edited version... if u can recognize most of the scenes, then its really uncut....

And heres something i came up with when i first had the chance to see the real uncut Braindead... the other version i had was "dead alive" 97min... said to be UNRATED in the dvd box (USA market) but is in fact cut... so i made this little demonstration of the AR difference...

of course the first one is the original 1.78:1 aspect ratio, the other one is the 1.85:1 of the cut version...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:49 am  Post subject:

And i just checked... the version wich i took this screen caption from (a spanish release, .ogm with dual audio...) has a running time of about 100min... it must includ the 16seconds of extra gore from the lawnmower sequence... plus the other missing bits of blood , not really sure ... but its 100min, so this one in this thread isnt uncut (i suppose :P)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:08 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Shit, seems to me I have confused my cd version with another cd version, sorry for the whole mess. There's just too many rips. I've checked it and my cd version (Dead Alive) is cut, but I had the uncut version on a cd too. I was sure both were called Dead Alive and one of them was uncut, now it seems that the other was not Dead Alive, but Braindead. I'm sure of one thing, it didn't have the queen... And the playing time IS the same, but then again, perhaps the counter of my VHS player is wrong. Fuck, it's all too complicated. I give up, but admit this version is CUT, because my preview shows it doesn't have a few scenes I know from the uncut version, eg. the scene where girls beat zombies with Void's legs or the one when the baby attacks the main hero in the cellar and its umbilical cord gets caught by a nail.

So in the end it turns out you were right, @mascereiro (well, i was right two, because I had two rips in mind, the cut one and the uncut one, I just mixed them up). This version IS cut and the only existing uncut version is the one with the queen, i.e. arundel's version.

Pity, I really liked the quality of this rip.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:15 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
mascareiro wrote:
And i just checked... the version wich i took this screen caption from (a spanish release, .ogm with dual audio...) has a running time of about 100min... it must includ the 16seconds of extra gore from the lawnmower sequence... plus the other missing bits of blood , not really sure ... but its 100min, so this one in this thread isnt uncut (i suppose :P)

I've just checked it and my VHS player says my Braindead is 1.37 long. It has all the scenes listed on IMDB. How the fuck is this possible? Nevermind, I give up. The only thing that I know is the cd version I have at home is cut, so the other one must have been uncut, and that my VHS Braindead isn't cut. I got lost among all those rips...

Dual audio, you say. Spanish and...? If it's English, I'd go for this extra 16 seconds of the lawnmower sequence...

Anyway, here's the link to arundel's rip, also great quality and uncut, has the queen and all that.
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... =braindead

I'm pissed off. Cancelled arundel's rip, which was almost completed, and downloaded this version, which was almost completed too, just to learn it was cut. :evil: Mostly because of my stupidity and laziness, because I was just too lazy to check which version I've got on cd.

At least now I'll know:
Braindead - good
Dead Alive - bad

And I'll stick to it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:24 am  Post subject:

hehe yep, really complicated :) its better to give up and keep things simple.... queen = uncut... no queen = cUT heheh forget about the running time... ;)

ill make a release post cause maybe people will take it as well, if its not cool just tell me later and ill delete it, so check in a few minutes and plese be the first to post there :D see ya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:38 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
You guys search for differences like if there is or not some queen scene and flag at start? I compare for how many seconds that flag is waving and from which direction the wind in coming from. Giggle. What we know, all together incl. myself, is in best case only partial knowledge mixed with rumors, wishfull + hopefull thinking and general confusion around & about this flick. Especially this movie in particular is a mystery in itself. There are so many versions floationg around, worldwide, I believe that even Peter Jackson himself would not be able to tell anymore which one is really complete. (not even to start a talk about different divx/xvid rips)

Okay, since we know that this version here is again some bogus and the only advantage lays in excellent quality of picture & sound... What now? Is someone here with the mentioned Red Label dvd inside his/her collection? Someone with that mysterious Asian 107?min. version? Perhaps somebody with a issue of Splatting Image magazine at hand in order to clue us in about the ?Schnittparade? scenes? That we could compare to IMDB?s set of pictures. (i don?t trust the Americans when it goes about topics like censorship;)

Confusion, in regard to this movie? No wonder! Really, about every other flick we can go into confrontal discussion, except for this one. You know, when even the Dutch version of a horror/splatter movie is not complete, then something really stinks in Denmark...and it?s not that bald zombie brat. ]8~)

Mascareiro, I am for keeping things simple. Polityk for sure too. The problem is only, with Braindead/Dead Alive nothing is simple. Btw, I have a version with the queen and the flag at start. That was the first or second German VHS release, called BRAINDEAD. That release missed complete 16 minutes! Yeah, not 16 seconds but 16 MINUTES. There is no rule and there is no receipt with that one. That?s why it is so fu***** difficult, complicated, confusing and mysterious.

http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=3195

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:11 pm  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
John_Doe wrote:
showed it to GF the other day. she didn't like it. maybe I dump her now.

LOL!!!!!

that's gonna be in my signature haha