Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:05 pm  Post subject: A Study In Terrror (1965)

Demon Of The Abyss
Knowing that all of you are too lazy to do it ...
Here's a C & P from FH.....if this don't quite qualify for 'horror' (it does have that hammer oder) then let a mod move it ....and eat me :P

Credtis to wolfie :mrgreen:

Wolfman wrote:
Certainly not everybody's taste - but what the heck: Would anybody like to know what the young Judi Dench looked like?

Quote:
This is one of those films you really shouldn't enjoy but you do because it at least makes some vague effort to be more intelligent than it is; pitching Captain Deerstalker against Commando-Top-Hat-And-Carving-Knife may seem clich?d now but this was the first film to do it. The plot is a little closer to the facts than Jess Franco's JACK THE RIPPER but not much. At least the names of the victims are more or less historically correct (althought the ripper's victims) are tastefully stabbed, rather than sliced, diced pickled and carved, and we never get to see what state they are in once Jack has finished with them (its all lift the sheet, police, detectives and doctors wince and say things like "could a human being have done this?") but if you're a Holmes fan you're in good, well, good-ish hands here. Neville's Holmes is adequate. Once you watch him the first time you'll think he's refreshingly different but see the movie again and you'll realise he does not actually add anything new to the part; he does not have the authority of Rathbone, the mysteriousness of Stephens or the... well, the EVERYTHING of Brett (the camp lunacy for one) but he does a good job none the less. Houston's Watson isn't so good. The script is written to allow an intelligent performance but Houston is a little to blustering for it to come across. Plotwise the movie doesn't take chances, simply going for an entirely fictional approach to the mystery so don't bother if you're a Ripperologist, but if you're a fan of Holmes try to catch it (though don't go out of your way). An entertaining diversion.

ed2k: A%20Study%20in%20Terror%20(1965)%20XviD%20by%20Wolfman.avi  [699.94 Mb] [Stats]

Specs:

Filesize.....: 699 MB (or 716,742 KB or 733,943,808 bytes)
Runtime......: 01:30:40 (136,000 fr)
Video Codec..: XviD
Video Bitrate: 1010 kb/s
Audio Codec..: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
Audio Bitrate: 60 kb/s, monophonic VBR
Frame Size...: 544x416 (1.31:1) [=17:13]

Sorry, there were no subs on the DVD.

Have fun!

:cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:50 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
thx for the link :beerchug:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:41 pm  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
Had this clasic for a while. Its the bloody cover that I cant find anywhere. Can anyone help???Please....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:25 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
the whitechapel chap vs the great detetective ; thrilling !

i hope it's as good as "murder by decree"

thanks for this cutie :beerchug:

GialloTypeCrunk