Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:05 am  Post subject: Progeny (1999)

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167350/

Ripped this the other day,another Brian Yuzna film that ranks about at Society level.So not as good as Re-animator but good enough to check out. :beerchug:
ed2k: Progeny.-.DvD.-.DxaRip.avi  [699.17 Mb] [Stats]
Specs:
Name.........: Progeny - DvD - DxaRip.avi
Filesize.....: 699 MB (or 715,952 KB or 733,134,848 bytes)
Runtime......: 01:35:57 (138,034 fr)
Video Codec..: DivX 5.0
Video Bitrate: 887 kb/s
Audio Codec..: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
Audio Bitrate: 128 kb/s (64/ch, stereo) CBR
Frame Size...: 720x340 (2.12:1) [=36:17]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:43 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
will give this a go, thanks

<a href="https://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7143" target="_blank">Giallo Collection</a>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:14 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Me too, thanks mate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:29 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
i have got this on dvd, too. not brian yuznas best but as dxa said, really worth a look!! somewhat different alien story here.... :o

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:19 pm  Post subject:

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
On the same level as Society? :outsider:
Then I'll pass..Society is hands down one of the worst movies I have ever seen...
But thanks behalf of the community, I'm sure someone wants it :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:45 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
LOL @ Chucky
Clearly you have never seen a Franco or Schnaas film then,for that matter some of my other releases such as Sinful Dwarf or Abomination..both take the meaning of b film and drive it into a sewage plant. :wink:
While I am on the topic of Abomination I am thinking on reripping that because of the fucked up white bar line issue that was stated on the post,since that is no longer a problem I am wondering if there is either a need or want for that rereleased.Post your answers here and I will go from there to determine what I do or not.
Society is not one of my favorites either but it does have some good effects by Screaming mad george in it.Check out Violent Shit or any franco movie and you will see a whole new meaning to the term "shitty film" though. :mrgreen: :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:49 am  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
its all about tastes isnt it. i kinda like most franco films. they are my kinda 'bad'. and i dunno why but i hate yuznas cheesyness. like reanimator. is it horror? is it comedy? it's a horrorcomedy! it's just stupid. watching reanimator makes me feel like mr. cheaplaugh from monty :?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:34 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yeah ,apperently so,it is all about taste....reading your post kind of put me in a state of shock here.It reminds me of another saying...there is no accounting for taste...to put a Franco film(any of them) over Re-Animator has me pondering your mental state indeed.Perhaps you should up your dosage or lower it which ever the case may be.My final thought on this is....Unfuckingbelievable :outsider: :shock:
Not cutting you down..it is just very hard for me to relate too.Nay.....impossible for me to relate too. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:59 am  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
ok. lemme explain a lil then. u see for me film is super art. SUPER ART. supart. why? cause it has the ability to blend all art forms into one. i like movies where a director takes film seriously. when he takes his camera his purpose is to make art. i know film in general is entertainment. but it should only be intelligent entertainment. or at least it should try to be. ofcourse i sometimes like to watch silly n dumb flicks but not when it comes to horror genre. to me it's sacred.

at least franco tries to do something original and cool and there ARE some very very creepy and original scenes in his movies. he's such a cool pervert. now yuzna is only an entertainer. and a silly one. the message i get from his movies is somethin like this: 'Supart? Fuck ART! FART!'

doing movies just for cheap entertainment is such a waste. it's like setting fire on a $$$M fireworks. Boom and it's gone... :matrix:

for an example watch fulcis beyond and then reanimator and call them both horror. i shall make u burn in hell forever :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:45 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
They are both Horror,one sci-fi horror the other italian horror.Are you saying that becuase a film has a few funny scenes in it it is considered lame?So a movie like evil dead that makes me laugh is not horror in the true sense of the word?I am not sure where exactly franco falls in the original catagory but I really don't see anything that original in his movies.As far as art goes,well,you know I could shit all over a peice of canvas and could say that is art,i could also say it was for cheap entertainment value as well...I have yet to find anything at all in any franco movie that is actually creapy..would like to know which films you are referring too and then maybe go from there.Apples and orages though on the comparison of fulci to yuzna..completely different styles and viewpoints as well as cultures.
The thing with intelligent entertainment pretty much rests with the viewer and whether he is trying to find intelligence in the film..some people just don't get it even when explained to them.Some movies are trashy and that is their appeal in the first place.Hence that is why franco has a market for his movies.
If you set ablaze a million dollars worth of fireworks... yes,it does go boom,but it will be one hell of a memorable explosion.Everyone has different reasons why they like horror it seems and that is a good thing when it comes down to it.So you can have your opinion on Franco and that is fine by me,it just defies my reasoning that's all.
By the way...I'll burn in hell for far worse than my opinions on movies..that is a given situation.Let me quote Pinhead here by saying this..."Burn??...Such a limited imagination"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:01 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Quote:
Society is hands down one of the worst movies I have ever seen...

I liked Society. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:02 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
It wasn't a bad movie,just not on the same level as Re-animator...there is a hell of a lot worse movies out there that is for sure. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:05 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
naah. my english is way too bad to explain myself any futher. violence IS and should be art for me. imho franco understands that. the fact that his movies dont succeed in that departement is irrelevant. it makes em watchable for me :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:05 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Well you see that is the thing,A movie like Virgin amoung the Living Dead has hardly any action going on in it,let alone gore.I am not saying all Franco movies are shit,Jack the Ripper with Kinski in it was a pretty good movie that I can watch more than one time,but the bulk that I have seen are much like Virgin where I am waiting for something to happen,besides sexual intercorse or felatio :mrgreen: Of course I have not seen all his movies since he has so many(and a large portion not available in the states and if they are they have been cut down to an incoherent level).Would like to see this one
Looks amusing to me :mrgreen:
*seems the pic function isn't workign for me right now..I'll fix the link later if its on my end...put everything up right though :?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:02 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Fixed your image url. You had a https, with just http it worked. :)

About the flick. Found these links:
Dracula Contra Frankenstein 1972.avi
Dracula Vs Frankenstein - 1971.avi
And like usually. No any info about language etc...

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:16 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
:D Thanks buddy,I was wondering what i was doing wrong there :wink:
Thanks for the links too,gonna have to put that on pause for a bit though since I got a 140 things in que right now :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:31 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Still not a single blue chunk. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:02 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
I'm sharing on 2 computers..you should be seeing something,,you sure it isn't a a4af situation?I can normally see you for stuff,I have been bouncing between Sedg and Razorback so that might help,if you need to we can hook up with the old situation and hopefully it won't go to shit again :wink:
I'll hook up mule on my daughter comp and throw some of these on, that way there will be 3 full sources to grab from. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:42 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
DxaKrator wrote:
LOL @ Chucky
Clearly you have never seen a Franco or Schnaas film then,for that matter some of my other releases such as Sinful Dwarf or Abomination..both take the meaning of b film and drive it into a sewage plant. :wink:

Schnaas rules !!! I know his stories are stupid, the speciel effects are pretty silly, the acting is pretty bad, but there's something that I really like about his style. I think that his movies also means something special to me because Zombie 90 was one of the first horrormovies I downloaded (found it at sharereactor, thanks Dj Benz, heeeeeeey, I actually think that i found HHAH in that topic, thanks spud ;) ).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:55 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
DxaKrator wrote:
I'm sharing on 2 computers..you should be seeing something,,you sure it isn't a a4af situation?I can normally see you for stuff,I have been bouncing between Sedg and Razorback so that might help,if you need to we can hook up with the old situation and hopefully it won't go to shit again :wink:
I'll hook up mule on my daughter comp and throw some of these on, that way there will be 3 full sources to grab from. :mrgreen:

Thanks, I can finally see you (had to use search to find you, changing servers didn't help), so everything is ok. Cheers. :beerchug: