Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Next of Kin (1982)

The Ancient One
@ wretch and optalidon: I'm sure BB will be laughing out loud when he reads this (or smile quietly with a sense of pride), but I think you really should try GK sometime. I didn't want to either when I was using AGK, but my rips got worse and worse, and you guys will have to admit that a nicely cropped rip looks ten times better than a rip with black borders on the side. Even if they don't bother you, it means that valuable videodata, which could have been used to improve your image quality, is now wasted on creating these useless black bars. My first steps on the GK road were not so nice: I didn't understand everything at once, but I didn't give up and after three of four times I succeeded in making a good rip. The cropping was good enough, th AR was OK, etc. If you have read up on some of the rips posted on this site, you might have noticed that some peeps make more than ten rips of the same movie, so 3 or 4 times is not so very much. AFter having one it twice, I started to know my way around GK, and it became simper every time I used it. A while ago, I had a week off and I ripped 5 movies in that week, two of them I had to rerip because of bad AR or other mistakes. All of them have spread well now on the mule. If people can choose between a GK rip and an AGK one, they will choose the GK rip (assuming it's properly cropped and all). I know I will.

I really hope you guys dare to make that step into GK.

If you need help, post in the thread Redveil linked to in his reply above.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Next of Kin (1982)

Mummified In Barbed Wire
Ok Slayer. Thanks for the info. I didn't have any problem, as far as i know, using AGK, and didn't rip anything with the purpouse of sharing it.
If someday i rip something that isn't already here i'll follow de HHAH quality standards... word :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Next of Kin (1982)

The Ancient One
Cool, dude. The first ten, twelve rips I made with AGK were pretty perfect. Only after those the shit hit the fan and it never returned to anything good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:15 am  Post subject: Re: Next of Kin (1982)

Site Admin
you can tweak cropping in autogknot too, its just a ballache:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p ... post827149

I use gknot too as you might have guessed, never had much time for autogknot because the fact that its 'auto' meant it kept getting things wrong :lol: damn computers...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:02 am  Post subject: Re: Next of Kin (1982)

Skull Full Of Maggots
I reckon i'll give GK a go - Next of Kin didn't seem so bad to me, but i've noticed other rips getting lesser quality as i go along too Slayer!

But - is it going to help my VHSrips, they aren't great quality to begin with, and i ALWAYS get 4 or 5 bad lines at the bottom of the screen. Anyone got a link to getting top quality VHSrips (for a noob)?

Thanks yall

EDIT: Got his one from another topic;
http://www.doom9.org./index.html?/capture/start.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Next of Kin (1982)

The Ancient One
Slayer wrote:
@ wretch and optalidon: I'm sure BB will be laughing out loud when he reads this (or smile quietly with a sense of pride), but I think you really should try GK sometime. I didn't want to either when I was using AGK, but my rips got worse and worse, and you guys will have to admit that a nicely cropped rip looks ten times better than a rip with black borders on the side. Even if they don't bother you, it means that valuable videodata, which could have been used to improve your image quality, is now wasted on creating these useless black bars. My first steps on the GK road were not so nice: I didn't understand everything at once, but I didn't give up and after three of four times I succeeded in making a good rip. The cropping was good enough, th AR was OK, etc. If you have read up on some of the rips posted on this site, you might have noticed that some peeps make more than ten rips of the same movie, so 3 or 4 times is not so very much. AFter having one it twice, I started to know my way around GK, and it became simper every time I used it. A while ago, I had a week off and I ripped 5 movies in that week, two of them I had to rerip because of bad AR or other mistakes. All of them have spread well now on the mule. If people can choose between a GK rip and an AGK one, they will choose the GK rip (assuming it's properly cropped and all). I know I will.

I really hope you guys dare to make that step into GK.

If you need help, post in the thread Redveil linked to in his reply above.

I almost missed this :o :lol:

Hehe, & here was me a few months ago doing to you what youre now doing. Gotta push people in the right direction :outsider: :lol: :watchingyou: :rock:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Next of Kin (1982)

The Ancient One
Yup, that's what they pay me for ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Next of Kin (1982)
Request Territory

Request Territory
I'm dying to see this film, but every time I click on the "avi" link, it says my browser can't recognize how to open it. Any solutions?

I've tried opening it in the following browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
I REALLY want to see this, so if someone could help, that'd be great.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:33 am  Post subject: Re: Next of Kin (1982)

The Devil, Probably
You need eMule and let it grab the link when you click it