Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:16 pm  Post subject: Tiempo De Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)
Request Territory

Request Territory
This image has been resized

IMDB: http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt1828338/

Hi, this is my first mid-length film, made only by me at all cast & crew. And I thought it was good to share it here. I hope you enjoy it!
All critics will be welcome!

Synopsis:
Lois is enclosed at his house. Outside, the world is collapsing with zombies. Alone in the house, he is going mad and can't know what is real or fantasy.

Year: 2010
Length: 35 min.
Language: Spanish
Subtitles: English

Size: 465 Mb
Video Codec: H.264
Video Bitrate: 1709
Image: 1280 x 720
Audio Codec: MPEG-4 AAC
Audio Bitrate: 158

ed2k: Tiempo%20De%20Muertos%20(Time%20Of%20The%20Dead)%20[Zombie%20Short%20Film...0E.%20Froiz].mp4  [465.28 Mb] [Stats]

Last edited by Luis E. Froiz on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo The Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)

The Ancient One
I'll try it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo The Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
Confused much? :suicide:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 am  Post subject: Re: Tiempo The Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)

The Ancient One
moved to LQ for bad cropping on the right

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo The Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)
Request Territory

Request Territory
Fuck! unfortunately you're right. Can I move it by myself or is the moderator who must do it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo The Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)

Master Of The Dead Donkey
I'll give it a try too, thanks for sharing! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo The Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)

The Ancient One
Moved :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo The Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)
Request Territory

Request Territory
Thank you for download it! And sorry for put it in the wrong place...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo The Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)

The Ancient One
Luis E. Froiz wrote:
And sorry for put it in the wrong place...
Nevermind, it is minor trouble ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo The Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)

Master Of The Dead Donkey
Why the flip not?! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:40 am  Post subject: Re: Tiempo The Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Thanks. :)

By the way, the thread title should read "Tiempo De Muertos", not "Tiempo The Muertos".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo The Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)
Request Territory

Request Territory
Moerges wrote:
Thanks. :)

By the way, the thread title should read "Tiempo De Muertos", not "Tiempo The Muertos".
-> Fixed :D.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo De Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)

The Ancient One
I hope you can take some criticism, Luis.

Review: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15132&p=217015#p217015

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo De Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)
Request Territory

Request Territory
Hey, of course I can take it!

I've read it, and if you don't mind, I'll answer it here, to defend a bit the film hehe.

First, I wanna thank you for taking the time to see the film and write about it. It's for what I've done it, and the hard critics are the good ones to learn about!

And defending it, you say it's not very action, well, my intention was to focus the isolation and the vacuum of the life of the character. It's what's about the long lenght shots. To be fair, I must agree with you about it being slow, but it was what I felt the script needed.
About the acting, I agree with you, but, hey, it was my first time in front of the camera, and you can see a good evolution (although I don't like acting very much, so I'll avoid it in future films. It was only one of the needings of doing a film without help of anyone). And thank you about the camerawork. That is really the job I like to do, so I'm happy about the comment!

And again, thank you for the critics! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo De Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)

The Ancient One
Luis E. Froiz wrote:
Hey, of course I can take it!

Good, you will not learn anything if you can't take criticism ;)

Luis E. Froiz wrote:
And defending it, you say it's not very action, well, my intention was to focus the isolation and the vacuum of the life of the character. It's what's about the long lenght shots. To be fair, I must agree with you about it being slow, but it was what I felt the script needed.

OK, well, like I wrote, you make the impression of action happening by putting in the first zombie attack in the first minutes. The isolation comes out well, but it would have been nice if there were more characters, for example, the guy looks out of the window and he sees someone being chased by zombies. This will enhance the feeling of isloation, give the viewer a bit of action and make the movie more complete. But I can understand that it is hard to do if you are only one person trying to make a movie without any help.

Luis E. Froiz wrote:
About the acting, I agree with you, but, hey, it was my first time in front of the camera, and you can see a good evolution (although I don't like acting very much, so I'll avoid it in future films. It was only one of the needings of doing a film without help of anyone).

Yes, I agree that the final scene is the best acting, but that is also because of what the character is doing in the rest of the movie doesn't really require any acting. I think you have some nice ideas (like the multi personality thing going on), but you need some other people to help you and then it might become a nice film.

Luis E. Froiz wrote:
And thank you about the camerawork. That is really the job I like to do, so I'm happy about the comment!

Most first time filmmakers have this very annoying shaking camera all the time. It makes me nauseous. Your handling was steady and I like that.

Good luck on future films!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Tiempo De Muertos (A.K.A. Time Of The Dead) (2010)
Request Territory

Request Territory
I know what do you mean about the shaking camera... That's something I hate in so many fiction films... However, there's things to improve in the camera work too...

But in general I'm proud of the final result of the film. It's essentially what I wanted to do. But I'll take note of your reactions and will use them to learn.

Thank you! :beerchug: