Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Werewolf and the Yeti, The (1975)

Site Admin
junkboy wrote:
It's not 'cut', it's the Spanish clothed version - nudity has been replaced with alternate clothed footage.

How would you list this version on a site that archived different cuts of the films, 'censored'? 'alternative scenes'? Reading the description this has been self-censored for distribution.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Werewolf and the Yeti, The (1975)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
It's not cut in the sense I think Slayer meant, it's just a different version (same thing happened to The Wolfman Never Sleeps).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Werewolf and the Yeti, The (1975)

The Ancient One
OK, but howcome the difference in running time, then? Fps is the same.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Werewolf and the Yeti, The (1975)

Site Admin
haha, i'm curious because i'm idling coding a replacement for dead-donkey.This would be a "Cut" of the film, ie. Director's Cut, Theatrical Cut, etc. This would also be regarded as 'censored'. Its a fringe case where
movie-*cut-*edition

Slayer, its because the censored scenes will have a different run-time. In the 'olden days' universal actually film some movies twice, one with spanish/german actors, and once with english actors :lol:

Anyway, I think its the word cut; this is the censored version but is uncut :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Werewolf and the Yeti, The (1975)

The Devil, Probably
spud wrote
Quote:
Anyway, I think its the word cut; this is the censored version but is uncut :lol:

your right but it's a misleading decriptions and I'll tell you why, I have just watched both rips side by side on my pc :lol: and I can tell you that as far as the blood and gore they are identical in fact because the quality is far better these scenes are far more vivid There are differences though and the most noticable is at the 53 min mark when there is a post sex scene between Waldemar and Sylvia. This scene is completly missing from this rip. Its a topless scene and there is no sex going on. Earlier in the movie there is a dream sequence which differs in that in the rip I posted it is shorter and the females are clothed, but heres the funny thing, they are wearing see through nighties :lol: so once this scene is over you see them running around for the rest of that part asif they were naked anyway :lol: something that is not easy to pick out in the old rip, there is also a slightly more flesh exposed death scene . There is one more thing I noticed, a female is completly naked in the old rip but topless in the rip I have posted.
Great movie and although I would agree that the rip I posted is not the most complete version it is far more enjoyable to watch as you can see whats happening with a bit more clarity so for the sake of a a few tits and a bit of hair I know which one I will be keeping. :beerchug:

I see hair :o

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Werewolf and the Yeti, The (1975)

The Ancient One
Hehe, so it isn't the "director's cut" but it is the "wardrobe director's cut". I prefer uncensored, so I'll keep my old one.

spudthedestroyer wrote:

DrP wrote one scene is missing, in my book that means it is cut ;)