Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:42 am  Post subject: thx

Dead But Dreaming
for the movie!YOU have info when com this uncut?
MOVIE DETAILS MORE ON 'MURDER-SET-PIECES'
Murder-Set-Pieces

2004 - USA - Slasher Film
Reviewed by Ned Martel

Type: Features
Distributor: Blackwatch Cinema
Release Date: January 7, 2005
Rating: NR (Graphic Violence/Rape & Sexual Abuse/Not For Children)
Running Time: 105 minutes
Starring: Sven Garrett, Jade Risser, Valerie Baber, Katie Richards, Tanja Grupp
Directed by: Nick Palumbo

REVIEW SUMMARY
The director Nick Palumbo is determined to shock through a fictional German-born serial killer, with every thrust of his knife-blade and pelvis. When mutilations of undressed nymphs are restated ceaselessly to the point of banality, the film proceeds with a ritual goring of preteen girls. The killer barks something to an adult-video store manager that he's here to set American cities on fire. But all this is hokum, a desperate device to give the killer, a Nazi officer's grandson, a high-concept casus belli. Mr. Palumbo's opus seeks to be a taboo-pushing point of debate, but its just a debased bloody mess by an arriviste. The film is a test of wills, as victims onscreen and off- wonder how long they have to endure this smutty torture. ? Ned Martel, The New York Times

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:32 pm  Post subject: Re: thx

The Devil, Probably
signum wrote:

You have question in English?

This is the Unrated Directors Cut of the movie.

Quote:
"The Director's Cut of my film "Murder-Set-Pieces" is the version I intended. I was in a rush late last year to make the American Film Market deadline---and editor Todd Ramsay and myself did not have time to complete the film to our satisfaction. The Theatrical Version is the same version shown at the AFM in Los Angeles.

For this Special Edition DVD, I have gone back and re-edited "Murder-Set-Pieces" to my original vision. It is 17 minutes shorter. It's now a tighter, more polished film. It also has new scenes and more gore f/x. If a film ever pushed the limits of the MPAA NC-17 rating, my new vision of "Murder-Set-Pieces" is surely that film. Frightflix.com is the only place to purchase the Uncut, Un-edited Director's Cut of "M-S-P". I sincerly hope you enjoy it." - Nick Palumbo, Director M-S-P.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:57 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
that's cruel dj, you know only a few people who use emule speak english as their first language :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:05 pm  Post subject: Re: thx

Dead But Dreaming
DJBenz wrote:
signum wrote:

You have question in English?

This is the Unrated Directors Cut of the movie.

Quote:
"The Director's Cut of my film "Murder-Set-Pieces" is the version I intended. I was in a rush late last year to make the American Film Market deadline---and editor Todd Ramsay and myself did not have time to complete the film to our satisfaction. The Theatrical Version is the same version shown at the AFM in Los Angeles.

For this Special Edition DVD, I have gone back and re-edited "Murder-Set-Pieces" to my original vision. It is 17 minutes shorter. It's now a tighter, more polished film. It also has new scenes and more gore f/x. If a film ever pushed the limits of the MPAA NC-17 rating, my new vision of "Murder-Set-Pieces" is surely that film. Frightflix.com is the only place to purchase the Uncut, Un-edited Director's Cut of "M-S-P". I sincerly hope you enjoy it." - Nick Palumbo, Director M-S-P.
ups sorry but i am germany now can't see and anderstand it thanks to str for nice movie is many gore in side bey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:06 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Quote:

Quote:

For this Special Edition DVD, I have gone back and re-edited "Murder-Set-Pieces" to my original vision. It is 17 minutes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:54 am  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
Nice 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:11 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
just released Murder.Set.Pieces.2004.LiMiTED.DVDRip.XViD-B2R

Release Date...: 05.12.2005
Title..........: Murder-Set-Pieces
DVD Date.......: 31.10.2005
US Theater Date: 24.12.2004
Language.......: English
Runtime........: 91 min
Video..........: XViD 972 kb/s
AR.............: 1.91:1
Resolution.....: 640x336
Audio..........: VBR MP3
Subtitles......: N/A
Format.........: avi
Size...........: 700 Mb
Genre..........: Horror
IMDB...........: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0422779/

I wonder if it's stolen source again :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:24 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
elman wrote:

Different resolution, so I hope not.

Strange how the AR is exactly the same and the bitrate is 1 off though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:38 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
mmm, I think the resolution could be a typo given the bitrate, certainly looks suspicious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:06 pm  Post subject:

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
Anyone actually watch the film yet? I watched it this past weekend and I'd say that it's an improvement on Nutbag but it still seems to be lacking something somewhere - oh yeah, that would be in the script department. Toetag did a wicked job on the FX though.

*MINOR SPOILERS*

The scene where the young girl goes into the public washroom and he sneaks up from behind and lifts her up while covering her mouth and then jamming that blade through her abdomen was pretty intense.

The scene with Tony Todd in the adult video store was cool but I could not believe how fucking stupid it was when he requests a real snuff film that goes by the name of "The Nutbag" -- that was kinda stupid and clearly a sign of Palumbo attempting to stroke his own ego while marketing his other film (at least that the impression it made on me). I imagine that if real snuff films existed they sure as hell would not be titled and if they were I can't imagine them being called anything like "The Nutbag".

Another scene I thought was pretty cool was near the end of the flick when the young girl is snooping around in the Photographer's home and discovers the stairs leading down to the basement of horrors - she opens the lid/door leading to the stairs down and there's Sven's bloodsoaked head popping right out with a crazed look on his face - this was cool and if it would have been me opening that door I would have frozen right then and there and likely have died on the spot from a heart attack or something. What did not make too much sense during this sequence was that while she was upstairs looking around Sven is only one floor down firing up a chainsaw and cutting the fuck out of that chic. The kid upstairs didn't hear a damn thing? Come on. I know that there's soundproofed rooms and all but between the buzz of the chainsaw and the screams of the broad who was about to be on the receiving end of it you'd think that maybe just maybe the girl one floor up may have heard something.

I hate to sound like I'm being overly critical because I'm really not trying to be. I enjoyed the film overall but was a bit let down by it. Then again I knew pretty much what to expect before watching it anyways so no complaints.

Best line in the movie (repeated 2 or 3 times at different points) is when asked what he was up to in the evening Sven/The Photographer would reply:
"I have to shoot some girls" <--- that never grew stale for me. :lol:

Cool flick overall.
(First time I've seen it as I passed on the pre-release a few months back).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:16 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Ace wrote:
*MINOR SPOILERS*

The scene where the young girl goes into the public washroom and he sneaks up from behind and lifts her up while covering her mouth and then jamming that blade through her abdomen was pretty intense.

It was, but for me that was the point where the movie went a little off track. It was like there was no creativity left to push out the running time to 90 minutes, so Palumbo just said, "I know let's kill some kids". Some vague reference to the twin towers as justification and he goes on a kiddie killing spree. A shame because up until there it was doing well, there just seemed to be no discernable reason for him turning onto kids.

Quote:
The scene with Tony Todd in the adult video store was cool but I could not believe how fucking stupid it was when he requests a real snuff film that goes by the name of "The Nutbag" -- that was kinda stupid and clearly a sign of Palumbo attempting to stroke his own ego while marketing his other film (at least that the impression it made on me). I imagine that if real snuff films existed they sure as hell would not be titled and if they were I can't imagine them being called anything like "The Nutbag".

Spot on. I thought exactly the same thing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:38 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
DJBenz wrote:
elman wrote:

Different resolution, so I hope not.

Strange how the AR is exactly the same and the bitrate is 1 off though.

I downed the release and as I was expecting, actual resolution is 672 x 352 and filesize is 732,344,320 just like =STR= one.

So it is a stolen source. :matrix:

I shall pass the word to some places.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:42 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Fuckers.

That's UNBELIEVABLY lame

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:53 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
elman wrote:
I downed the release and as I was expecting, actual resolution is 672 x 352 and filesize is 732,344,320 just like =STR= one.

So it is a stolen source. :matrix:

I shall pass the word to some places.

Jesus, these pricks are so sad. Thanks for clarifying it elman.

Where was the 'new' rip posted?

EDIT: Just found this: http://qdupe.com/viewRelease.asp?id=1667626

nuked for bad ivtc :lol: Why? :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:15 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
I've got it from Bitsoup http://www.bitsoup.org/details.php?id=25721 and I haven't seen it on any dupe checks so far.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:21 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Born 2 Rip... all of their rips are stolen as far as i can tell. They've not ripped a single one it looks like.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:25 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
It's the 2nd they've ripped off from STR :evil:

Ironic given their name Born 2 Steal might have been a better choice. Lame twats

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:06 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
B2R is from Poland, I believe...

Anyway, IMDB says it's 105 min long. But STR's director's cut rip is only 90 min long? That's a bit weird, isn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:31 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
:roll:
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:22 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
PC_Arcade wrote:
Ironic given their name Born 2 Steal might have been a better choice. Lame twats

Born 2 Re-Tag