Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:17 pm  Post subject: The Psychedelic Collection

Demon Of The Abyss
The Psychedelic Collection

During the mid 60's to mid 70's a new type of movie started coming out addressing the growing consumption of a drug called LSD, witch creates a euphoric sensation coupled with intense visual and auditory hallucinations.

In this collection we will try to exhibit movies that have a scene or scenes witch try to mimic the hallucinogenic experience in some way. The drugs popularity, and therefore presence in films, diminished in recent years. So most of the movies in the 60 and early 70's were the best of this genre though there are still some movies that go well into the 90s and even some recent movies that still have a psychedelic feel

This collection is going to try and assemble movies that have a true psychedelic feeling, NOT just a collection of drug movies.

Please feel free to sugest any film you would like added to this collection.

Navigation:
blue = available & verified
red = not yet available
light blue = unverified

1. Alice in Wonderland (Disney) (1951)
  2. The Trip (1967)
  3. The Acid Eaters (1968)
  4. The Hooked Generation (AKA:- The Psychedelic Priest / Electric Shades of Grey) (1968)
  5. Yellow Submarine (1968)
  6. Wild in the Streets (1968)
  7. Head (1968)
  8. Mantis in Lace (1968)
  9. Acid, Delerio Dei Sensi (1968)
  10. La Morte ha fatto l'uovo (AKA - Death Laid an Egg (1968)
  11. Psych-Out (1968)
  12. Skidoo (1968)
  13. Alice in Acidland (1968)
  14. Angel, Angel Down We Go (AKA - Cult of the Damned) (1969)
  15. Easy Rider (1969)
  16. The Big Cube (1969)
  17. Performance (1970)
  18. The Dunwitch Horror (1970)
  19. Microscopic Liquid Subway to Oblivion (1970)
  20. Zabriskie Point (1970)
  21. Gas-s-s-s (1971)
  22. Le Regine (AKA - Queens of Evil) (1971)
  23. The Dot (1971)
  24. Psyched by the 4D Witch (A Tale of Demonology) (1972)
  25. Holy Mountian (1973)
  26. La Planète sauvage (AKA - Fantastic Planet) (1973)
  27. Blue Sunshine (1976)
  28. Altered States (1980)
  29. Liquid Sky (1982)
  30. Brainstorm (1983)
  31. Videodrome (1983)
  32. Naked Lunch (1991)
  33. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
  34. Blueberry (AKA - Renegade) (2004)

Alice in Wonderland (Disney) (1951)
ed2k: Disney.-.Alice.in.Wonderland.(Remastered).(1951).avi
Movieinfo:IMDB
Review: On a golden afternoon, young Alice follows a White Rabbit, who disappears down a nearby rabbit hole. Quickly following him, she tumbles into the burrow - and enters the merry, topsy-turvy world of Wonderland! Memorable songs and whimsical escapades highlight Alice's journey, which culminates in a madcap encounter with the Queen of Hearts - and her army of playing cards!

The Trip (1967)
ed2k: The.Trip.(Roger.Corman.1967).avi
Review: Peter Fonda is a commercial director going through a bitter divorce, so he decides to take an LSD trip to get in better touch with himself and his feelings. He gets the drug from dealer Dennis Hopper and has friend Bruce Dern guide him through his drug induced state.

Head (1968)
ed2k: The.Monkees.-.HEAD.-1968-.Bob.Rafelson.(Psychedelic.Movie).avi
Review: Drugs. No plot. No linear delivery of any thought in particular. At least twenty-five stories that interweave in stop-and- go fashion. So, may easily frustrate. May seem pretentious to some. People who can't stand The Monkees need not watch, though that in itself is no reason to avoid it. The psychedelic special effects may kill your ailing picture tube or your acid burnt- out eyeball

Mantis in Lace (1968)
ed2k: Mantis.In.Lace.(Lila).By.William.Rotsler.(Uncut.Psycho.Classick).avi
Review: A topless dancer attracts, seduces, then murders the men she sleeps with. She does it with a twist, however; she kills them with garden tools.

Psych-Out (1968)
ed2k: Psych-Out.(1968).avi
Review: A deaf girl comes to California in the height of the Flower Power era, looking for her brother, who sent her a post-card that said "God is alive and well and living in a sugar cube".

Alice in Acidland (1968)
ed2k: Alice.In.Acidland.1969.A-TEAM.avi
Review: Cute and perky college student Alice and her cute and perky friend Kathy are invited to a "pool party" by Freida, a female teacher who is actually a lesbian and has designs on Alice. At the party Alice gets drunk, takes acid and immediately becomes a lesbian, taking a bath with Freida. Later Alice gets mixed up with LSD-addicted hippies, rape, more lesbians, more LSD, orgies, suicide, and having sex with guys who keep their boxer shorts on while doing it

Easy Rider (1969)
ed2k: Easy.Rider.CD1.(Osloskop.net).avi Easy.Rider.CD2.(Osloskop.net).avi
Review: Two long-haired bikers from Los Angeles take off on a cross-country trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. On the way they meet several unusual characters. A rancher and his family, a hitchhiker and the hippie commune where he lives, hookers, red-necks, but most noticeably George Hansen played by Jack Nicholson. Mr. Nicholson gained national attention for his role as the "law'er with the ACLU". Dennis Hopper won "Best New Director" at the 1969 Cannes Film Festival.

Performance (1970)
ed2k: performance.1970.tvrip.xvid-teamrpm.avi
Review: Chas, a violent and psychotic East London gangster needs a place to lie low after a hit that should never have been carried out. He finds the perfect cover in the form of guest house run by the mysterious Mr. Turner, a one-time rock superstar, who is looking for the right spark to rekindle his faded talent.

The Dunwitch Horror (1970)
ed2k: the.dunwich.horror.(1970).avi
Release Thread:The Dunwitch Horror @ HHAH
Additional Information:Not really a drug movie but still there are some bad-ass freakout scenes with naked demons in body paint running around raising hell.
Review: H.P. Lovecraft meets Hollywood: Wilbur Whateley wants to help the Old Ones break through by consulting the Necronomicon, and Armitage must stop him. Attractive females are added to fill out the plot.

Zabriskie Point (1970)
ed2k: Zabriskie.Point.(1970).-.Michelangelo.Antonioni.avi
Review: An epic portrait of late Sixties America, as seen through the portrayal of two of its children: anthropology student Daria (who's helping a property developer build a village in the Los Angeles desert) and dropout Mark (who's wanted by the authorities for allegedly killing a policeman during a student riot)...

The Dot (1971)
ed2k: The.Dot.(Very.Rare.&.Beautiful.Weird.Psychedelic.Animation.Movie.From.1971).mpg
Review: I can not find any info on this movie.... not at IMDB and no were else... I am amazed that it is already on the network and I thank the ripper who ever you were....

La Planète sauvage (AKA - Fantastic Planet) (1973)
ed2k: Fantastic.Planet.1973.DVDRip.Dual.Eng.Fr.avi
Language:French
Other rips: Fantastic%20Planet.avi
Review: La Planète sauvage AKA Fantastic Planet is a surreleast story based on the Soviet occupation of the Chezc Republic. Set in a far distant world human beings or "Oms"have been domesticated by the gigantic Draags. Wild Oms however are a problem and are extermenitad by the dozen. One demosticated om Terr is able to escape his masters with a headset that puts information directly into the brain. Armed now with the Draags technology he leads the Oms in an attempt to make life better for them...But will the deomizing destroy them?

Blue Sunshine (1976)
ed2k: Blue.Sunshine.1976.DVDRip.XviD-RETRO.avi|734332928
Review: This classic cult horror film, from acclaimed writer/director Jeff Lieberman, is a masterpiece of psychological suspense and terror.

Altered States (1980)
ed2k: Altered.States(1980.Ken.Russell).avi
Codec:DivX 3 Low-Motion
Size:696 MB (or 713,046 KB or 730,159,104 bytes)
Resolution:640x352 (1.82:1) [=20:11]
Audio:0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
Language:English
Subtitles: Altered.States(1980.Ken.Russell).English.Subs.rar
Subtitle Language:English
Release Thread:Spud @ Scifi Donkey
Other rips: Altered.States.DVDRip.XviD.P8k.avi
Review: A research scientist who believes in different states of consciousness uses a sensory deprivation tank and hallucinogenic drugs to find the ultimate truth. But soon his mind-altering experiments get out of control as his hallucinatory experiences start to externalize themselves into reality

Liquid Sky (1982)
ed2k: Liquid.Sky.1982.CD1.DVDRip.XivD-QiX.avi Liquid.Sky.1982.CD2.DVDRip.XivD-QiX.avi
Review: Invisible aliens in a tiny flying saucer come to Earth looking for heroin. They land on top of a New York apartment inhabited by a drug dealer and her female, androgynous, bisexual nymphomaniac lover, a fashion model. The aliens soon find the human pheromones created in the brain during orgasm preferable to heroin, and the model's casual sex partners begin to disappear. This increasingly bizarre scenario is observed by a lonely woman in the building across the street, a German scientist who is following the aliens, and an equally androgynous, drug-addicted male model. (Both models are played by Anne Carlisle, in a dual role.) Darkly funny and thoroughly weird.

Brainstorm (1983)
ed2k: Brainstorm_(1983).[Schubi].avi
Review: Brilliant researchers Lillian Reynolds and Michael Brace have developed a system of recording and playing back actual experiences of people. Once the capability of tapping into "higher brain functions" is added in, and you can literally jump into someone else's head and play back recordings of what he or she was thinking, feeling, seeing, etc., at the time of the recording, the applications for the project quickly spiral out of control. While Michael Brace uses the system to become close again to Karen Brace, his estranged wife who also works on the project, others start abusing it for intense sexual experiences and other logical but morally questionable purposes. The government tries to kick Michael and Lillian off the project once the vast military potential of the technology is discovered. It soon becomes obvious that the government is interested in more than just missile guidance systems. The lab starts producing mind torture recordings and other psychosis inducing material. When one of the researchers dies and tapes the experience of death, Michael is convinced that he must playback this tape to honor the memory of the researcher and to become enlightened. When another researcher dies during playback the tape is locked away and Michael has to fight against his former colleagues and the government lackeys that now run his lab in order to play back and confront the "scariest thing any of us will ever face" - death itself.

Videodrome (1983)
ed2k: Videodrome.Criterion.xvid.mp3.triple.audio.cd1.avi|731922432 Videodrome.Criterion.xvid.mp3.triple.audio.cd2.avi|732020736
Resolution:704x384 (1.83:1) [=11:6]
Audio:0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
Subtitles: Videodrome.Criterion.xvid.mp3.triple.audio.English.subs.rar|823122
Additional Files: Videodrome.Criterion.Forging.the.New.Flesh.avi|230637568 Videodrome.Criterion.Fear.on.Film.avi|209678336 Videodrome.Samurai.Dreams.dual.avi|42119168 Videodrome.Making.Of.avi|62904320 Videodrome.The.Helmet.avi|41889792 Videodrome.Criterion.Camera.avi|41936896
Release Thread:Polityk @ HHAH
Review: Lowlife cable TV operator Max Renn discovers a "snuff TV" broadcast called Videodrome. But Videodrome is more than a TV show - it's an experiment that uses regular TV transmissions to permanently alter the viewer's perceptions by giving them brain damage. Max is caught in the middle of the forces that created Videodrome and the forces that want to control it, his body itself turning into the ultimate weapon to fight them.

Naked Lunch (1991)
ed2k: Naked.Lunch.1991.DVDRip.DivX-QiX.avi
Additional Files: Making.Naked.Lunch.avi
Review: Exterminator Bill Lee finds himself following his wife into an addiction to the bug powder he uses. After accidentally killing her, he descends into a hallucinatory existence in which he imagines himself a secret agent answering to a series of bizarre creatures. He channels his energies into writing "reports" on his delusional mission, while trying to break his addiction. The story loosely reflects events in the life of author Burroughs as he wrote the novel.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
ed2k: Fear.And.Loathing.In.Las.Vegas.1998.CD1.iNT.DVDRip.XviD-FiNaLe.avi Fear.And.Loathing.In.Las.Vegas.1998.CD2.iNT.DVDRip.XviD-FiNaLe.avi
Additional Files: Fear.and.Loathing.in.Gonzovision.-.Hunter.S.Thompson.1978.BBC.Documentary.avi Breakfast.With.Hunter.(Hunter.S.Thompson.Documentary).(2003).avi
Additional Information:ed2k: Fear.and.Loathing.in.Las.Vegas.1998.CE.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-FiNALE.nfo  [11.6 Kb] [Stats] colspan="2">Review: An adaptation of Hunter S. Thompson's novel of the same name. The film details a whacky search for the "American Dream", by Thompson and his crazed, Samoan lawyer. Fueled by the massive amount of drugs they purchased with an advance from a magazine to cover a sporting event in Vegas; they set out in the Red Shark. Encountering police, reporters, gamblers, racers, and hitchhikers; they search for some undefinable thing know only as the "American Dream" and find fear, loathing and hilarious adventures into the dementia of the modern American West.

Blueberry (AKA - Renegade) (2004)
ed2k: Blueberry.2004.DVDRip.XviD.iNT-TLF.CD1.avi Blueberry.2004.DVDRip.XviD.iNT-TLF.CD2.avi
Review: When the angels kiss the demons,... you'd better be ready. In the 1870's, U.S Marshal Mike S. Blueberry tries to stop Wally Blount, the man who killed his girlfriend, from getting to a stockpile of gold hidden in Indian territory. On his way, he meets Prosit, a German villain on a persistent mission to find gold in the Superstition Mountains.

[ Add all 39 links to your ed2k client ]

Last edited by Jynks on Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:53 am, edited 15 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:42 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
@ jinx

I think I know what you hobby is :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:14 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
was :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:18 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Added Fantastic Planet a trully great flick.
added Lucertola con la pelle di donna (AKA - Lizard in a Womans Skin) a good flick, with some typical Lucio Fulci style stuff in it.

Also updated the blub at the start so it made sense :)

Last edited by Jynks on Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:55 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
How about Alice in Acidland? I could share it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159948/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:01 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Wicked one I havn't seen... cool thanks man... please share it... this is the reason I posted this collection.... I would llove to get my hands on more but I am finding them hard to track down.

IMDB wrote:
Cute and perky college student Alice and her cute and perky friend Kathy are invited to a "pool party" by Freida, a female teacher who is actually a lesbian and has designs on Alice. At the party Alice gets drunk, takes acid and immediately becomes a lesbian, taking a bath with Freida. Later Alice gets mixed up with LSD-addicted hippies, rape, more lesbians, more LSD, orgies, suicide, and having sex with guys who keep their boxer shorts on while doing it

lol sounds great!!!

ed2k: Alice.In.Acidland.1969.A-TEAM.avi  [444.80 Mb] [Stats]

There is this on the mule already is this your one?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:19 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
Yep, same rip it seems.

Filename: Alice.In.Acidland.1969.A-TEAM.avi
Size: 444 MB (or 455,478 KB or 466,409,472 bytes)
Runtime: 00:54:01 (97,144 fr)
Video Codec: XviD
Video Bitrate: 1015 kb/s @29.970fps (0.136 bits/pixel)
Resolution: 576x432 (1.33:1) [=4:3]
Audio Codec: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
Audio Bitrate: 128 kb/s (64/ch, stereo) CBR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:53 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
added Alice in Acidland as unverified
added Alice in Wounderland (Disney)

I wasn't going to include the disney alice in wounderland as I was more interested in films, well, like the rest in the collection... but I guess it fits in and have had a few requests via pm for it already.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:07 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Jynks wrote:
was :)

same here :wink:
but I have a kid now so I must behave :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:28 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
amazing how much they change you eh?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:35 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
indeed,but I have no regrets :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:38 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Its spealt wonderland, as in the word wonder rather than wound ie. this throat wound is gushing blood and i'm about to bleed to death :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:27 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
I think Jan Kounen's "Blueberry" should be added. It has very long tripping scenes made with CGI.

ed2k: Blueberry.2004.DVDRip.XviD.iNT-TLF.CD1.avi  [698.91 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Blueberry.2004.DVDRip.XviD.iNT-TLF.CD2.avi  [698.29 Mb] [Stats]

Scene rip. I can verify as high quality.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276830/

--

Strange but nice idea for a collection, by the way.

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:06 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
I havn' seen this film.... I'll grab it and let you know.... mabey I will split it into two sections eventually... one for true Psychedelic movies, the other for movies with tripping in it.

eg.. Fear and Loathing would go in that section.... .. .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:25 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Added

Yellow Submarien
Head
The Dot

As well as fixed some spelling and put a new film up that is not on network that I would love to see turn up..

The Hooked Generation (AKA:- The Psychedelic Priest / Electric Shades of Grey) (1968)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:04 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Added

Blue Sunshine
Blueberry

@Member13
I have to say this movie is pretty darn cool!!! I really liked the shamanic peyote battle!!! Ta for the heads up on this one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:16 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Jynks wrote:
@Member13
I have to say this movie is pretty darn cool!!! I really liked the shamanic peyote battle!!! Ta for the heads up on this one.

Yeah, I loved the movie as well. I went to see it in the theatre heavily medicated. As you can imagine, those tripping scenes really scared the living daylights out of me.

It's a shame that far too many people were expecting a film version of the graphic novels or a traditional western. This is definitely something else. It stands on its own and it only inspired by the Blueberry comic books.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:45 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Quote:
THE DOT

Review: I can not find any info on this movie.... not at IMDB and no were else... I am amazed that it is already on the network and I thank the ripper who ever you were....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067595/ :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:36 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
wHAT ABOUT rEqUIEM FOr A dREAM aND spun ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:13 pm  Post subject:

Skull Full Of Maggots
i love HHAH :mrgreen:

clicked few links and having fingers crossed that "acid eaters" someday will be available.

cheers for the rippers :beerchug:

Last edited by daft on Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.