Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:39 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Revenge of the Bogeyman redux is an extended version with additional scenes from the first film.

The rip of Shogun Assassin in the AOTN collection has trailers on the end.

Terror Eyes, 29fps is wrong, the rip hasn't been IVTC'd. I don't have this rip so can't comment further. If the running time concerns you, Maccie released a very nice VHS rip which is in the AOTN collection, TBH I wasn't aware of the DVD rip, I don't remember seeing it posted here, or anywhere else for that matter.

I have the pre-cert of Xtro but can't find it at present, presumably it got left behind at my parents' house so I can't check it.

Driller Killer had a non-gore scene cut from the pre-cert, I would guess the DVD rip would be uncut unless it's ripped from the original UK DVD, again I don't have a rip of this, I have the re-release (uncut) UK DVD.

Regarding your original post, I no longer have the pre-cert of Pranks and so can't time it, but the BBFC website lists the 18 rated VHS as running 81:11, cut by 10s. I do have this VHS, and I believe VPD submitted the banned version to the BBFC. This was one of the easier films to find the cuts when I was doing my cuts list, and I made the following comments:

The pre-cert is supposedly uncut but either it's badly edited or cut; I think this version is the same as the R-rated US version so maybe it was cut by the MPAA. VPD then released a cut version and Vipco released this same version on VHS and DVD as follows:
37:42 8 second shot of killer holding head, switching drill on and drill coming towards you cut.
37:51 1 second shot of head drilling cut.
37:53 1 second shot of drilling in neck cut.

Koffkongen released a DVD rip of the cut version due to the uncut version not being available on DVD.

I Miss You, Hugs and Kisses is the same version as the pre-cert, I compared the VCD and the Heron re-release, and found the first 6 seconds were missing from the VCD. I made the following comments:

The pre-cert was believed to be uncut, however according to the BBFC Heron's cut version entitled Drop Dead Dearest suffered 1m6s of cuts, which would make the uncut version 83:35. The cuts were as follows, note that the running times were done from a VCD and have had 6 seconds added on as the first 6 seconds were missing from the VCD
52:38 28 second shot of killer having sex with girl he has just killed and shot of blood on her chest cut
56:28 5 second shot of police cutting off dead girl's knickers cut
73:13 7 second shot of killer stabbing and caressing girl cut
75:56 9 second shot of killer clubbing wife over head cut
77:35 7 second shot of killer bashing girl over head cut

Frozen Scream is worrying. I ripped the proper from the German DVD which I always believed to be uncut, I must admit I've never checked the running times and I don't have another version to compare it with.

Lux Delux wrote:
FACT is, a lot of NTSC dvd's are superior to PAL discs, but sometimes vice versa.

I dispute that. TBH I never thought I'd hear a European saying that, I thought it was something only said by the type of American that doesn't accept there is a world beyond the boundaries of the US. Not only is ripping NTSC a fine old pain in the arse, but IMHO it doesn't look anywhere near as good, the horizontal lines on NTSC are clearly visible on my TV, whereas with PAL they are much less so.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:50 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Lux Delux wrote:
Hey, I said I was full of poo poo :lol: :eatthis:

You certainly are if you think NTSC is better than PAL, with the exception of the SLIGHT speed up of movies, everything else about PAL is better, better resolution, better colour fidelity and no 3:2 pull down

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:57 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Slayer, I'm afraid you're missing another nasty. It looks like you have this Delirium, whereas the nasty is this one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:12 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Damn, all those old movies with similar names...

Yes of course it's not the same Delirium, they are made seven years apart, thanks for noticing. Downloading it now.

OK, so in a week or maybe two I can repost my happiness :wacky:

I'll have breakfast in a minute and then I'll check the fps of the other movies.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:18 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
OK, I checked the second group (from Don't Go In The Woods alone to Zombie Creeping Flesh) and the results are as follows:

25 fps:

Dont.Go.In.The.Woods.alone.avi
The.House.on.the.Edge.of.the.Park.avi
Madhouse.1981.Uncut.DVDrip.RoTTeN.avi
Nightmares.In.A.Damaged.Brain.1981.Gory-Version.VCDrip-HHAH.avi
Zombie.Flesh.Eaters.DivX.DVDRip.TGR.avi
the.beyond.1981.uncut.dvdrip.xvid-nixx.avi
BoogeyMan.1980DVD-Rip.DivX.avi
Human.Experiments.1980.VHSrip.HHAH.avi
Nightmare.Maker.1981.VHSRip.DivX-GrimRippers.avi
Unhinged_(1982)_Xvid_.par.Bonnie_Parker.avi

29 fps (as I've learned this is NTSC DVD, am I right?):

flesh.for.frankenstein.uncut.ripped.by.ferox..avi
dont.go.in.the.house.1979.dvdivx-bloodweiser.avi

All others are 23 fps, so I assume the length of those movies is different because of the different fps. Leaves open the question why the abovementioned rips are longer than stated in AOTN thread.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:48 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
PC_Arcade wrote:
Lux Delux wrote:
Hey, I said I was full of poo poo :lol: :eatthis:

You certainly are if you think NTSC is better than PAL, with the exception of the SLIGHT speed up of movies, everything else about PAL is better, better resolution, better colour fidelity and no 3:2 pull down

Lol never said that, just stated that there are NTSC dvd's better than PAL ones and vice versa :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:09 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Slayer you may want to replace the Nightmares in a damaged brain with Mr Flibble's rip which runs at 01h 37m
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... aged+Brain
:beerchug:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:20 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
OK, I should be able to help with a few of these.

Nightmares in a Damaged Brain was heavily cut on pre-cert. The version you have is ripped from a German VCD which has most, not all, of the gore intact, but is missing some dialogue. This version is longer than the pre-cert but has been superseded by Mr.Flibble's rip. Mr.Flibble's is still slightly shorter than the full uncut version, but this is only because the end credits are incomplete.

The Beyond pre-cert was the heavily cut X-rated cinema version. AFAIK the Nixx rip is uncut. I would be interested to know if the pre-credits scene is in full colour though, I have the uncut widescreen Vipco DVD (no sniggering, the widescreen version is a good DVD) and this has the washed-out version of the pre-credits scene, I saw the Dutch VHS which had the full-colour version.

Human Experiments is definitely correct as I ripped it from the pre-cert. No idea why the running time should be wrong though.

I would expect Nightmare Maker to be correct as it was ripped by BlackThrash of Grimrippers IIRC who had a massive collection of pre-certs.

The pre-cert of Unhinged was cut, Bonnie's rip is uncut. I have both versions, one of these days I will work out what is cut, but it's not the greatest film in the world so I had little inclination.

I have the pre-cert of Madhouse and also the UK DVD which is the source of the RoTTeN rip, I can compare the two, but it might take me a few days to dig out a VHS player.

Check out Iconoclast's release thread for House on the Edge of the Park, I posted a cuts list there about 18 months back. It is a HUGE list, this one took me hours.

You are correct, 29fps is NTSC that has not been IVTC'd.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:13 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Dr Phibes wrote:
Slayer you may want to replace the Nightmares in a damaged brain with Mr Flibble's rip which runs at 01h 37m
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... aged+Brain
:beerchug:

I understand this one has ALL the gore? Downloading now :beerchug:

George Tatum wrote:
The Beyond pre-cert was the heavily cut X-rated cinema version. AFAIK the Nixx rip is uncut. I would be interested to know if the pre-credits scene is in full colour though, I have the uncut widescreen Vipco DVD (no sniggering, the widescreen version is a good DVD) and this has the washed-out version of the pre-credits scene, I saw the Dutch VHS which had the full-colour version.

It's not in full colour, I just checked it. It's that same sepia washed out thing you have on your DVD.

Quote:
Human Experiments is definitely correct as I ripped it from the pre-cert. No idea why the running time should be wrong though.

I would expect Nightmare Maker to be correct as it was ripped by BlackThrash of Grimrippers IIRC who had a massive collection of pre-certs.

Mediaplayers, maybe?

Quote:
The pre-cert of Unhinged was cut, Bonnie's rip is uncut. I have both versions, one of these days I will work out what is cut, but it's not the greatest film in the world so I had little inclination.

You don't really have to check, as long as Bonnie's rip has got the most gore :twisted:

Quote:
I have the pre-cert of Madhouse and also the UK DVD which is the source of the RoTTeN rip, I can compare the two, but it might take me a few days to dig out a VHS player.

Now that would be very nice. I hope the Rotten rip is not very heavily cut.

Quote:
Check out Iconoclast's release thread for House on the Edge of the Park, I posted a cuts list there about 18 months back. It is a HUGE list, this one took me hours.

Done. The running time stated in that thread matches with my rips. In the AOTN thread it says 87m 48s, whereas the release post states 01h 27m 55s. Mine is 1 second shorter, and it's a different rip, but I think this is also an uncut rip.

Quote:
You are correct, 29fps is NTSC that has not been IVTC'd.

Step by step I'm learning a lot of stuff :beerchug:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:53 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
The Madhouse DVD has a different intro to the pre-cert. The intro on the DVD lasts 16 seconds. The pre-cert starts with the title "Madhouse" on a red background for 7 seconds, then its alternate title "There Was A Little Girl" for 10 seconds. My pre-cert lasts 89m 25s, 9 seconds longer than the listed running time, I would guess the initial "Madhouse" title, which looks like it was bolted onto the beginning, wasn't counted. I would also guess my pre-cert is the cut version that someone has taped the uncut one over the top of, as it has the hologram rather than the spine label, minor differences in running speeds of the players used to make the copy could account for the remaining 2 seconds if this is the case.

So taking the 2 films from after the title screen, the listed running time is 89:15, and the DVD 89:13. The drill in dog's head scene is intact in the DVD, so I think we can safely say any differences in running time are down to the use of two different prints.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:23 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
OK, so to summarize I can say that all rips in my previous post are the uncut or the least cut versions of those movies there are?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:50 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
I reckon so

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:09 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
George Tatum wrote:
The rip of Shogun Assassin in the AOTN collection has trailers on the end.

Yes, but it is 81m 31s. Is that with or without trailers?

I ask because my version runs at 25 fps and is 83m 54s. That's without any trailers and only the first 35 seconds contain credits. There's no end credits whatsoever, the last shot is Lone Wolf sitting by the fire with his son, and then for 7 seconds the title is shown.

edit: pre-cert was cut, so that's why it's shorter.

I now checked all my versions to see if there were much differences in running time, considering fps and all that. I found out that now most of my versions are equally long (sometimes I calculated for the fps and most of the time it didn't differ much - checked that back with having the same versions of some rips), except for the following:

Anthropophagous 23 fps 87m 59s
Mardi Gras Massacre 25 fps 89m 08s
Tenebre 23 fps 100m33s

With Anthropophagous and Tenebre I'm not sure if I have a full version as the calculation differed from the running time in the AOTN thread. Mardi Gras Massacre (it is the ferox rip) is obviously shorter, almost 3 minutes. Is the VHS rip uncut?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:58 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
I have had a reply from Ferox about Mardi Gras Massacre, he ripped an uncut VHS but the credits are missing. I think that's cleared up all the disputes about running times now, all uncut :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:03 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Cool! Great news!

About Anthropophagous and Tenebre: I'm not sure if I did the math right (I really suck at doing math).

From Anthropophagous I have that version which opens in French with Chinese (?) subs and later switches to spoken English. Is that the uncut version?

To be more precise:

Up until 5 minutes, the characters (a man and a woman) speak French.
At 5 minutes, the woman is attacked while she's swimming next to a boat and she shouts "Hilfe!" ("Help!" in German) twice.
After 6 minutes and 33 secs, people start to talk English. The Chinese (?) subs are throughout the movie.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:59 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
That's the uncut version, I think they're Japanese subs. No idea about Tenebrae. I don't have any rip of this, I have the R1 Anchor Bay DVD and the UK pre-cert so I don't actually have any uncut copy, but between the two versions I have all the scenes :wacky:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:46 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
What's the best method to do the math from 23 fps to 25 fps? I have been multiplying and dividing in different ways, but I'm not sure which way is the right one.

Tenebre should be 96m 48s.
Mine is 100m 33s running at 23 fps.

If my Tenebre is the right running time, I'm totally complete, then I'll have all nasties in their least censored form.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:49 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
23 fps

You must be exact, its not 23fps, its nearly 24fps -> 23.976fps.
Its probably better to count frames than runtime though.

However, i'd do it this way:

100 * 60 = 6000 + 33 = 6033 seconds
6033 / 23.976 = 251.62662662662662662662662662663
251.62662662662662662662662662663 * 25 = 6290.6656656656656656656656656657
6290.6656656656656656656656656657 / 60 = 104.844

PAL conversion is ~ 104mins 51 Secionds.
That's the equivalent of yours in PAL, but does it include DVD logos, black screen, etc. is the question :)

The bbfc doesn't condone doing it this way, they measure the celluoid with a meter stick ;)

Is yours a rip or a DVD? if its a dvd its not going to be 23.976fps but 29.976fps ;) If I take it that you've got an NTSC dvd then its substantially shorter:

100 * 60 = 6000 + 33 = 6033 seconds
6033 / 29.976 = 201.26100880704563650920736589271
201.26100880704563650920736589271 * 25 = 5031.5252201761409127301841473179

5031.5252201761409127301841473179 / 60 = 83.858753669602348545503069121964

83mins 51seconds

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:44 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
It's a rip. I got it off BT.

It doesn't have any logos at the beginning, it starts with the image of a book (Peter Neal's "Tenebrae") being opened and read for a short time, with a fire in the background. The opening credits, with that same fire in the background, last for 2m 10s.

The end credits start 1m 46s before the end.

That's all I can tell, it seems that my rip is cut when I look at your calculation, although the cuts would have to be substantial (4m 18s of cuts).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:58 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
That's all I can tell, it seems that my rip is cut when I look at your calculation, although the cuts would have to be substantial (4m 18s of cuts).

how do you mean?
Quote:
Mine is 100m 33s running at 23 fps.

Quote:
PAL conversion is ~ 104mins 51 Secionds.

Quote:
Tenebre should be 96m 48s.

In a pure runtime conversion, its 8mins longer, which is why i suspect its got some crap muxed in at the beginning or end of the rip.

Once again, your better off working with frames ;)