Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:34 pm  Post subject: Just Before Dawn (1981)

Demon Of The Abyss
Due to some demand, here as promised:

JUST BEFORE DAWN (1981)
I M D B

Just.Before.Dawn.1981.Widescreen.DVDrip.by ferox.avi

ferox wrote:
Hi.

I have previousely released this fine film a while back on vhs this is the new shriekshow dvd and is a must see its a beautiful print as usual with shriekshows titles...in my opinion this is one of the better 80's slashers included is a high res scan of the dvd cover....

Just Before Dawn is a gem of a slasher flick, unfortunately not too many of you guys can see it because it was released in the wake of Friday the 13th and considered one of it's rip-offs. The only version I've seen of JBD is on Paragon VHS, supposedly it is available on a compilation DVD, but I've never seen it. Anyways I digress... More like the Hills Have Eyes than Friday the 13th, this film stands on its own due to it's atmospheric look and style and it's commitment to building it's characters. The film is effectively creepy throughout, never wholly revealing the killer to you, instead masking the killer or killers, through shadows and camera work. The film score is quite haunting and unlike other slasher films it doesn't spike up every time someone moves, it just builds along with the suspense and flows with the story. The film was recently re-made, loosely, as Wrong Turn. If you can find Just Before Dawn I highly recommend watching it, with the lights out.

- SEEDER'S NOTES ! -

Geezus wrote:
EvilDeadlyImmortal wrote:
Just to know, is this version is Uncut ? cause the other one i'm downloading is Uncut, but certainly VHSRip, so.... :?

Clever boy .
Did not want to spoil it for you but yes. It IS cut. BUT it's not as plain and simple as that :

Quote:
Just to put everyones mind at rest I will explain a few things as Ive got both versions. The R1 version has 4 extra scenes that are not in the R2 version even though the R2 version has 2 seconds extra gore and a few more scenes that are less important but make it longer. These are therefore alternative versions. Here goes....

R1 Scenes not in R2 version
1. Scene in the river after the girls boyfriend pretends to drown - We see one of the twins come from behind the fountain very slowly towards her whilst in the water still, and his hand starts touching her while she thinks its her boyfriend again. Only she sees that the boyfriend has come to shore. She panicks like hell and gets out of there. Very good scene that should have been kept in as its suspensefull. Surprised this hasnt been mentioned by somebody else.
2. Scene just before the party where they are getting high - It cuts back to George Kennedy's house at night where he is sensing someone outside because his horse is making a racket again. He goes out and finds the drunk guy from the start of the film who warns George Kennedy about the fact that his friend has just been killed. He mentions that a demon came out wearing his friends hat and vest. This is the scene that inspires george to go out to help them. Vitally important and is not on the R2 version so melon farmers got it wrong.
3. The party at night - Looks almost like an alternative take which has different footage from the R2 version up to the point where the hicks arrive.
4. After George Kennedy visits the hicks house and gets nothing. After he rides off, it cuts back to the window and you hear mary cat logan get a beating from her mum and we overhear that its her brothers who are doing the killing. She then runs out after George Kennedy and he gets her on his horse. Another thing that is not on the supposed great R2 uncut version.

R2 Scenes not in R1 version and differences.
1. 2 seconds more of gore in the decastration scene. Im not bothered about the cuts because we clearly see the key shots in the R1 version, entry and exit wound, its just shots of his face that are cut. This should not put people off. No other supposed gore is missing in the movie.
2. A few more approach shots with the camper driving up the mountain and some dialogue scenes.
3. When they go down the landslide its a bit longer.
4. The swimming scene as per point 1 up above, is trimmed to not include the creepy twin approach. It just cuts to the party and skipe scene 2 up there as well. Shabby and not uncut hey!!!!
5. During the party scene where the radio is shotgunned, the scene carries on a bit longer at the end. The main guy has a fight with his girlfriend.
6. A love scene between the main two protagonists which then cuts back to the graveyard. This scene seemed out of character as by now, the leading lady should be more spooked.
7. Once the body comes down the rapids and they make out hes dead, the main girl mentions the fact that she didnt believe that the deer got away earlier on. I liked this scene and I wish this was in the R1 Version.
8. George Kennedy visiting the hicks. As mentioned above it cuts earlier to not include the dialogue about brothers and sisters. The girl mysteriously appears on his horse later and you wonder how she got there.

Thats it really between those two versions. I find that the R1 version is more professionally edited and is better because its a bit more fast paced with key scenes explaining the incest and how George Kennedy decided to help them out and also the waterfall shots of the twin.

The R2 version is a bit longer but why would it miss out the R1 scenes that are important. I think its more of a rough cut as well as another difference I will add is that there is no music in the scene when the ginger girl gets killed in the UK version. Im sure that there is allot of footage that was shot for this but seeing as also the R1 version has the commentary than it must be a directors approved version.

Weird Huh.

If you want full uncut flavor it's back to VHS for you.

Just.Before.Dawn.1981.Widescreen.DVDrip.by ferox.avi

Personally think this flick is Waaayy overrated,but each his own I guess.
Do me a favor and post this release on other sites ; hardly visit any others besides FH these days.

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:19 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
So is this a region 2 rip?

[edit]It's Shriekshow, so It's region 1 then?[/quote]

Thanks either way

Last edited by PC_Arcade on Mon May 14, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:22 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Thank you. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:53 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
thanks a lot! I like this one and it's dvdrip!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:30 am  Post subject:

Master Of The Dead Donkey
clicked and finished :) thanks a lot, one more request scratched from the list

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:47 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
yeah! :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:52 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
mascareiro wrote:
clicked and finished :) thanks a lot, one more request scratched from the list

Yeah ? :mrgreen:
Well don't thank me just yet ; first go ahead and watch it - better not have your hopes up too high mind you.

Typical case of a movie that cut the grade back then - but now it's been surpassed left right and center by DOZENS of movies....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:47 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
reshare please ??? :beerchug:

I've try to watch old VHSrip, but it's almost impossible.

It's too dark and grainy. I guess it's because of the bad VHS source :matrix:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:49 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
:o Another fucking reshare request. 3rd in 24hrs. :googley:

You know what ?

:voodoo: KISS MY ASS :voodoo:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:53 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Seriously though, I was shuffling with shared folders early this evening to make space for 2 other reshare requests.

To make my point short : I had it shared up until this afternoon. And will have so again in a minute if lay off the emergency brake. :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:46 am  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
oook... so you share it or not ? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:37 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Phantasm wrote:
oook... so you share it or not ? :lol:

:eatthis:

I'm doing some powersharing actually...

Except for moonstalker.
Can't find the damn thing.
Don't tell :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:43 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
hey is that d0c ??? Where is that fuzzy thing anyway ? :lol:

Powershare? nice... :beerchug:

ps., Man, can't you take a joke? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Just Before Dawn (1981)

Buried In The Backyard
Thank Geezus for this rip!!! :rock:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Just Before Dawn (1981)

The Ancient One
*click*

Thank you for posting and thanks to ferox. :beerchug: Let's see whether this is still alive.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Just Before Dawn (1981)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
I can reshare this should need be. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Just Before Dawn (1981)

The Ancient One
There seems to be 3 full sources. Thanks for the offer. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Just Before Dawn (1981)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Excellent. :)