Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:04 pm  Post subject: The Veil (hosted by Boris Karloff)

Master Of The Dead Donkey
(Boris Karloff's)

"The Veil"

Made in the golden years of television and filled with suspense, this collection is a treat for fans of Karloff, who also stars in nine of the episodes included here.

"Good evening. Tonight I'm going to tell you another strange and unusual story of the unexplainable which lies behind...
...The Veil."

TV.com

25 minutes / black & white
Mono Audio
Originally on: Syndicated
Premiered: September 1, 1958
Last Aired: September 1, 1958

Host: Boris Karloff.
Creator and Producer: Frank P. Bibas.
Executive Producer: Hal Roach Jr.
Directors : Frank P. Bibas, Paul Landres
Original Music: Adwin Astley, Leo Klatzkin

Horror legend Boris Karloff hosted and performed in this never-aired anthology series. Each program opened with the camera entering through a huge archway, pulling in on Karloff who's seated and reading by an oversized, blazing fireplace. Karloff stands before the flames and says, "Good evening. Tonight, I'm going to tell you another strange and unusual story of the unexplainable which lies behind The Veil".

The series was created and produced by Frank P. Bibas, who had worked in television and film since 1950. He had an interest in the supernatural and decided that the supposed "true" stories of the paranormal he'd come across would make for a great series.

The show was made for Hal Roach Studios and filmed on their lot in Culver City, CA. Unfortunately for The Veil, the timing couldn't be worse. Roach's studio went into bankruptcy and the series was never even pitched to a network. The eleven completed episodes never aired as they were filmed until being released on VHS/DVD by "Something Weird" video.

Strangely, the segments did turn up in the 1970's when various episodes were stitched together and syndicated to local TV stations as "movies". They were compiled under the titles Destination Nightmare, Jack the Ripper and The Veil.

Karloff performed in all but one episode. That episode, Jack the Ripper, featured Boris in the usual open and close, but was not shot for the series. It's believed Roach Studios picked it up from an obscure British TV show as a cost-saving move.

Information for this summary is based on the liner notes for the DVD release.

Links:
IMDb
SciFilm

Gently ripped and offered by a serial ripper...
All credit and thanx go to Somebodeez.
I'm for nothing in all this.

Thank you comrade.

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

I'll share the complete series plus...

Season One

ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x01.Vision.of.Crime.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [355.91 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x02.Girl.on.the.Road.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [327.30 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x03.Food.on.the.Table.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [333.61 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x04.Doctors.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [353.83 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x05.Crystal.Ball.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [355.71 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x06.Genesis.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [340.10 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x07.Destination.Nightmare.DVDRip.XviD.[EDI].avi  [397.53 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x08.Summer.Heat.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [338.70 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x09.The.Return.of.Madame.Vernoy.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [344.83 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x10.Jack.the.Ripper.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [299.37 Mb] [Stats]

...two little extras that may interest some of you. They were on the DVD Somebodeez ripped.

TV.com

25 minutes / black & white
Mono Audio
Premiered: 1960
Last Aired: Unknown
Veteran horror film writer/director Curt Siodmak created this eerie anthology series.

The shows were set at decaying 13 Demon Street where the host, an unnerving and haggard Lon Chaney, Jr., opened and closed each episode. As he says in the show's introduction, "I am condemned to live here, to suffer on this earth eternally as a punishment for my sin. It is said that no greater outrage was ever committed by any mortal. But should I find a crime more heinous, my terrible punishment will end!"

Chaney apparently didn't as the series never found a buyer and never aired. Produced in 1960 at Stockholm, Sweden's Nordisk Tonefilm studio, an unlucky thirteen episodes were filmed.

At least some of the footage was salvaged when Herbert L. Strock was brought in to piece together a feature film (The Devil's Messenger) from three of the episodes. The host segments with Chaney were discarded and replaced with scenes featuring Chaney as the devil linking the stories together.

Several of the episodes have been released by Something Weird video.

Four episodes are better than nothing but not enough to open a new topic. If someone somewhere or Somebodeez' interested by ripping and sharing the others ...
Would be very welcome !

1x02 and 1x07 have Swedish hardsubbed and come from Anonymous' PC.
Comrade, thank you.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

ed2k: 13.Demon.Street.1960.1x01.The.Black.Hand.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [184.30 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: 13.Demon.Street.1960.1x02.Fever.(xvid-eng.hardsubbed.swedish).avi  [184.07 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: 13.Demon.Street.1960.1x07.The.Photograph.(xvid-eng.hardsubbed.swedish).avi  [184.15 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: 13.Demon.Street.1960.1x08.The.Vine.of.Death.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [325.21 Mb] [Stats]

Enjoy...

[ Add all 14 links to your ed2k client ]

Last edited by Le Frog on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:21 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
Thism looks right up my street.

Many thanks. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:55 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Oh boy, oh boy oh boy! Thanks a lot people!!!
-click-

:beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:17 pm  Post subject:

You're everywhere, pure...

Calm down, the orgasm's about to come, better taking your time, you'll apreciate it if you take your time, beleive me...

:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:54 am  Post subject: Missing 2 Eps.

Hi guys !

Could somebody share this great serie please. I miss 2 Eps., the 05 and 06... there's nobody sharing them for a long time.

I'm still sharing the others Eps. now and I will share them forever, as well of Boris Karloff's Thriller, so please be kind and put them back online.

Thanks a lot !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:38 am  Post subject:

Hi you !

Back from a looooonnnnnggggg trip.

Forgot to put them back.

ed2k: 13.Demon.Street.1960.1x01.The.Black.Hand.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [184.30 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: 13.Demon.Street.1960.1x08.The.Vine.of.Death.(divx-eng).Somebodeez].avi  [325.21 Mb] [Stats]

ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x01.Vision.of.Crime.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [355.91 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x02.Girl.on.the.Road.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [327.30 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x03.Food.on.the.Table.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [333.61 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x04.Doctors.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [353.83 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x05.Crystal.Ball.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [355.71 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x06.Genesis.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [340.10 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x07.Destination.Nightmare.DVDRip.XviD.[EDI].avi  [397.53 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x08.Summer.Heat.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [338.70 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x09.The.Return.of.Madame.Vernoy.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [344.83 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: The.Veil.1958.1x10.Jack.the.Ripper.(divx-eng).[Somebodeez].avi  [299.37 Mb] [Stats]

On release !

Click on what you need and send me a message on emule, i'll friendslot you...

Cheers !

[ Add all 12 links to your ed2k client ]

Last edited by Le Frog on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:42 am  Post subject:

Hi buddy !!! THANKS A LOT !!!! you're the best !!! :D

Count on me, I will share ''The Veil'' and ''Thriller'' FOREVER !!!!

And continue your great work !

(If I can do anything for you or the group, just ask, even if I doubt that you need my help but I risk asking !!! :mrgreen: )

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:29 pm  Post subject:

EvilDeadlyImmortal wrote:
Hi buddy !!! THANKS A LOT !!!! you're the best !!! :D
Who knows ?

Count on me, I will share ''The Veil'' and ''Thriller'' FOREVER !!!!
Good idea, sharing rare stuff is the goal.

And continue your great work !
Which work ? I'm not the ripper. I'm only the sharer... Thanx the others, Somebodeez, Jess and Anonymous.

(If I can do anything for you or the group, just ask, even if I doubt that you need my help but I risk asking !!! :mrgreen: )
I'm trying to get that :
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=6289
If you can help me, would be apreciated (but I doubt too... ;) ).
Enjoy and again, thanx the workers, I'm for nothing in it, I just propose the work of others.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:14 pm  Post subject:

your right, this is not your work, but thanks anyway for sharing them ! :oops:

and BIG THANKS to Somebodeez, Jess and Anonymous. You rule guys ! :wink:
:beerchug:

PS : check out the Dawn Of The Dead page, I think I can help you...!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:35 pm  Post subject:

ed2k: 13.Demon.Street.1960.1x02.Fever.(xvid-eng.hardsubbed.swedish).avi  [184.07 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: 13.Demon.Street.1960.1x07.The.Photograph.(xvid-eng.hardsubbed.swedish).avi  [184.15 Mb] [Stats]

2 extras, offered by Ano'... Thanks comrade.

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:40 pm  Post subject:

Allright ! that's what i'm talking about !

Cheer guys :beerchug: :beerchug:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:50 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
AArgh, I missed this completely!!

On it now, thanks all :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:30 pm  Post subject:

Punky Brewster, I'm off eMule for a few hours. Will be back in a day or so. Let me know if you don't find full sources and I'll put the ones you need back on release as soon as possible.
(I'd be glad to have a bigger pipe yet, but the surgery is coming soon... ;) )

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:23 pm  Post subject:

I've put The Veil on PowerShare, so go ahead and take it ! :wink:

Enjoy :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:37 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
:beerchug: cheers and thank you very very much for this marvellous and rare serie!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:48 pm  Post subject:

Skull Full Of Maggots
There was another episode of THE VEIL, incidentally, which is NOT on the Something Weird VHS or DVD. It's called "What Happened to Peggy ?" and was included in the old VHS called "Destination Nightmare", which was composed of four segments of the series - the three others were: "The Return of Madame Vernoy", "Girl on the Road", and "Destination Nightmare", all of them included in the SW disc.
When these beautiful 16mm prints were discovered, "What Happened to Peggy ?" was unfortunately missing.
So, the only way (to date) to watch this additional episode is to get the old VHS of "Destination Nightmare". Fortunately, an American dealer put this old VHS on a DVD-R, and I bought a copy recently.
If you are familiar with these old "portmanteau" films composed of several episodes you probably know that the credits were incomplete. For instance, only ONE director was credited, even if each of the four segments was in fact made by a different director... But, however, I was able to recognize the actors in "What Happened to Peggy ?"; they are:
Boris Karloff (as The Host, and "Ira Perry"); Whit Bissell (as Dr. Will Madison); Denise Alexander (as Ruth Cooper); Olive Blakeney (as Mrs. Martha ¨Perry); Frances O'Farrell; Shirley Mitchell.

Are you interested for this "lost" episode ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:51 pm  Post subject:

For sure buddy that I'M interrested !!! :lol: :wink:

One vote for this lost treasure ! I'm on it ! :twisted:

I didn't know about that episode, so, bring it on :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:31 am  Post subject:

Skull Full Of Maggots
This is the link for the "lost" episode of THE VEIL, "What Happened to Peggy".

ed2k: The%20Veil%20-%20What%20Happened%20to%20Peggy.avi  [698.18 Mb] [Stats]

Beware, this link is in fact for the ENTIRE so-called "feature", DESTINATION NIGHTMARE, containing all four episodes which were put together to form this "TV-Movie".
"What Happened to Peggy", the lost episode, is the first one.
I tried to cut off the others, using some programmes like "CutMyDivX" or "VirtualDub" but I'm not really good at these things, so, if anybody could edit this episode from the "feature" it would be OK.
Just after the first épisode, Karloff tells the epilogue for this episode, then there is a short vignette of Karloff again, but (being given my poor English) I'm not sure if this is related to "What Happened to Peggy ?", or to the following episode. So it's probably better to share the entire feature, and ask to one of yours to make the editing.

As you know, the credits were remade, mixing together elements from all four episodes. If someone is able to re-write the credits, the correct cast list is given in my earlier post. But I don't know WHO directed this episode, as the credited director (Paul Landres, mispelled as "Paul Landers"...) directed only the segment called "Destination Nightmare". But of course, incomplete credits are better than false credits !!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:41 pm  Post subject:

Hey neighbor...

Nice from you.

Sounds complicated but I'm on it. Will watch it and see if there's something I can do.

There are 12 episodes at all.

1x11 What happened to Peggy

and

1x12 The Vestris

...missing.

Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:48 pm  Post subject: Re: The Veil (hosted by Boris Karloff)
Request Territory

Request Territory
Please, could return to share this great serie?

Thank you :D