Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:02 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I'm also for splitting the collection.
I appreciate & completely understand why you dont really want to do this & I know you buzz off the 94,000+ hits its had but to put it bluntly...
The front page is too damn big :o
During times like tonight & almost every night when my ISP is throttling me it can take 20mins to load it up (a bit like being on dialup).
Because its so big, like spud says, it puts a big load on the 'back end mysql server' (whatever that is) :roll: :lol:
I think in this case as your collections now too big for your FHC builder you should understand this & set up a poll to see how the majority feel as the recent posts are all leaning towards a split for all of the above reasons.
Youve put a lot of effort into this & obviously 94000 hits shows how popular it is, but like I said, page 1 is too much now.
I'm not saying close this collection, but if you made them all seperate & instead of huge lists in this thread, you could put a link to each new collection & that really would make it far easier to load page 1
Thanks for all your time & work on this collection :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:29 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
You know...that suggestions, comments and other abuse comment wasn't meant to be taken literally :P I don't know....I'll sleep on it adn see how it tastes tommorow...I understand that it takes a while to load...it does here too.But as you like to point out..I am lazy....so don't hold your breath :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:32 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
I guess you are right about one thing though...whatever kind of action I take I am forced to at least make a part 2 just because fhc won't take anymore.So yeah.....there will be a split...Just not sure on where to start with it all....I guess that is why I should sleep on it...always loosk better when I wake up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:36 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Have a poll in General or the cabal :wink:

If the majority want you to split it then its obviously not going to be something that you can do overnight, just slowly move into new collection threads over time with links to the new collections in this post. Every time you do that its gonna lessen the load on the server & also on the person who clicks it.

A poll is the right way to go in my opinion as then you'll be able to see in a diplomatic way how people feel other than me spud & malignus. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:46 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
You're assuming anyone else would give a shit :lol: I can do it though..just to see how it rolls. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:49 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
LoL I'm assuming the majority go into general or cabal tabs (I didnt for 3 months after I registered) :o :googley:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:32 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Looks like a tie :lol:
I don't really want to do it and here is a big reason why..the time I spend on it is a bit consuming to begin with....Why spend time on splitting it when I can devote it to finding more movies and links?
2nd reason is that this a pretty old collection...and it's still in the collections in progress section so it isn't even finished yet...I really don't want to go a separate section route....it defeats the purpose of the title "The Ultimate Exploitation Collection" when I spilt into genre collections....I joined them for a reason and that pretty much the way I want it to stay....besides 94,000 plus hits (Which is more than any post on this forum :wink: So yeah..I get a wee buzz :mrgreen: ) as you say can't be wrong..why fix something that isn't broken? :beerchug: ...the only broken part about it was the server which is fixed now..before that no one really complained about the time it took to load...which I think that is going to speed up soon as well.Dont quote me on it as I may be wrong but at least that is the rumor can't justify on my mind to change the format just for a few people with semi bad connections...I sympathies with their plight but when I set out to build this thing I wasn't' exactly thinking of that...I was thinking broadband like I got..which I realise isn't everywhere.
I do plan on scaling the first part back a bit though to about 750 movies or at least as much as one page will hold so I can eliminate the 2nd page but that will not help the 1st page load time.
Thanks for your input though :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:56 am  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
omg i have just found heaven in a website/forum.. thanks to all you rippers and posters.. I will add to this with an uncut film in english called Beyond the limits if its not here already. PM or post to let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:18 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Hmmm..swore I had Beyond the Linits in there somewhere but I couldn't find it :? So yeah, if you want to release that one out I would be pleased :mrgreen: ...And thank you for your comments about the UEC. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:23 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Something I have been thinking about....Would liek to know if anyone could make a sort of Art banner for this collection..You know at the begining where these is just a box with a red x in it right now and very littel description if at all. :wink:
Would love to get something on the taek up there..I know we got good artists..or even collages are cool...full of movies from the collection...it's all up to you and you will get full credit for it :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:42 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
ok i will read up on ripping and get this one down for the community. Its a good film pretty big budget and sick as fook hehe

I also have other rare films which i will also put up.

including the following

Jungle killers (uncut)
Flesh for the beast (uncut)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:13 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Badbugs set up a nice little walkthrough in the help section...might want to take a gander at that..or ask if you need help :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:29 am  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
so how we duing on update the collection

anything in general

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:11 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
I actually have been working on it lately :lol:
I got the collection split in 2 although I need to add more to the second half and less to the first....what I did was take all the links that haven't been found yet and put them in the 2nd which left a completed first part...still running around 850 links though so I need to trim more...probably going to take both the cartoon section and the caligula section out and put it in 2.Might move the cannibal section too..haven't decided on that yet...so as it stands now..I need to update the 1st part with new links and updates...Write up some intro and make a pretty picture for the header and that will be done.....I will probably go ahead and update though once I get the link updates in and then work on the rest as I go.
I had to go and replace alot of image links which is another reason it is taking forever.I have been working hard on either finding the links or actually getting the films myself.Alot of those haven't been added yet...I got about 30 or 40 I have done myself and got them sitting waiting for release.
So in other words.....yeah...it is being worked on but it will be at least a week before I am prepared to update it. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:08 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Well I tried to update and got about an 1/8th down the page and now the server is crapping out again :matrix: ...it might have to wait until the server move as this one is completely inadequate in terms of stability.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:09 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
I'll try again later though

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:34 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
DxaKrator wrote:
Well I tried to update and got about an 1/8th down the page and now the server is crapping out again :matrix: ...it might have to wait until the server move as this one is completely inadequate in terms of stability.

Hmmm, for once the server seems to be as smooth as a babys ass :wacky:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:23 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
"phew"
Updated :mrgreen:
Part 2 coming tomorrow :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:38 am  Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Exploitation Collection Part 1

Site Admin
*verified*

This is quite a beast that stresses the database more than any other post, and because its over two pages your navigation doesn't work.... ever thought of splitting? :jesus:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:37 pm  Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Exploitation Collection Part 1

The Practice Girl
Yeah....I did split it and it ended up being longer because of all the shit updated then when I had started :o But yeah...I was going to split it even more and swap some more stuff out...at least get it down to one page...I was going to fix that navigation thing to the 2nd page but I lost the little nfo you gave me on how to do that :oops:
I still need to post part 2...was waiting till the server move since it pretty much took me all day to post the first part with constant errors and such.