Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:29 pm  Post subject:

Master Of The Dead Donkey
@George Tatum : I think the same way as you, he should be banned ! Do you want his IP to ban him too !!! :wink: :lol:

@RedVeil : If he want to impress us, well, he's better share instead of leeching ! :twisted:

@simian_raticus : Humm, good question, it doesn't seem like my problem, but this is strange too that you have three clients with the same Hash...! :o Never realize that before. Cause for me, the Hash of the ''Nick Thieft'' was different from mine. So, good question buddy... Maybe this guy have opened three eMule Client, but if so, why is it that he's from two different country ? I don't know, sorry ! :?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:04 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
quick question

i ve installed ZONE ALARM pro after uninstalling Mcfee firewall
and today my emule wont connect to KAD only servers

i could solve this problem but have no time...
need quick solution :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:14 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
EvilDeadlyImmortal wrote:
@George Tatum : I think the same way as you, he should be banned ! Do you want his IP to ban him too !!! :wink: :lol:

Yes please, pm me as it's against forum rules to post IP addresses.

EvilDeadlyImmortal wrote:
@RedVeil : If he want to impress us, well, he's better share instead of leeching ! :twisted:

Agreed. Now if he could track down and post Confessions of a Blue Movie Star aka the Evolution of Snuff that would really impress me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:29 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Truba wrote:
quick question

i ve installed ZONE ALARM pro after uninstalling Mcfee firewall
and today my emule wont connect to KAD only servers

i could solve this problem but have no time...
need quick solution :cry:

You probably only need to allow eMule to access your network adapter. But I suggest you delete the sorriest excuse for a firewall I have ever seen from your PC and install something like SyGate Personal Firewall instead. :roll:

@EvilDeadlyImmortal:

How did you find out his IP address? Did you use netstat?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:08 pm  Post subject:

@George Tatum : Done, just check your PM ! But anyway, does it worth it ? his IP is gonna change very soon, and i'll be back with an another one (if he have a Dynamic IP), and the next person who gonna have this IP is going to be blocked... bla bla bla... so, does it worth it ? probably for a few week, yeah ! :lol: :twisted:

@elchupacabra : I've found out his IP via the MorphXT Log in my eMule, i've been lucky ! Anyway, just check out your PM and you'll see, i've sent you a Print Screen. :wink:

@Truba : ZoneAlarm is a great firewall (Sygate too !) but you have to give him the right to eMule to access internet. After that, open your TCP & UDP ports that eMule use if it still doesn't work.

After you've deleted McAfee, do you've clean your registry ? If not, it will be a good thing to do, just use the free, small and powerfull tool CCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com) and clean everything. Restart your computer, re-try to connect, and if it doesn't work, you'll have to try something else, like opening your ports in your router if it's not already done, or trying to use the UPNP Protocol. If you need more help, send me a PM, i'll check what I can do for you buddy ! :P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:21 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
wow
too complicated but thanks

i will return myfee :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i am going to do something in few days and give up :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:30 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
EvilDeadlyImmortal,

If i check my log folder of MorphXT, it's all empty. Is there a certain filename for the log file which included the IP number? Was it in this folder or just in the eMule one? Been wanting to find out a certain "person's" IP for a while now.

:beerchug:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:06 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Thanks for the image EvilDeadlyImmortal. But would you do if there would be no entry in your log?

The problem with the eMule client is that it doesn't display the IP addresses of the other clients. However this could have a security reason.

I do this to find out the IP of a client:

1. Check the flag beside the username
2. Open up the command line of windows
3. Enter "netstat -b > netstat.txt".
4. Open the file netstat.txt
5. Filter out the lines with [emule.exe]
6. Try to match the flags to the domain names of the netstat output

I know this totally sucks, but it is the only way I know. It only works if there is one client from each nation.

I believe that SyGate firewall I mentioned offers a way to display each connection for each running application. But you can't associate the IP address to the username in eMule. This is the problem. :?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:59 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
It looks like a hash thief? I don't know, never seen it before.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:22 pm  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
I recently saw a discussion about these users with identical hash @ the official eMule forums. It seems, that there is some (new) mod, that contains preferences.dat and cryptkey.dat files (= eMule user hash) upon installation, so that everybody installing this mod ends up with the same user ID. Normally these 2 files are created at the first start-up of eMule and therefore individual.

The result is, that all users of this mod share their credits at other users of the network. This however is no real advantage for them, as they all use the very same credits up again.

There was some speculation, if the whole thing was done on purpose, or if it was just a mistake of the guy coding the mod. In the end, just as with the Nick-thief thing, it doesn´t really affect others (or the network) in a negative way, so: Ignore it ...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:12 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
elchupacabra,

Thanks for that info :beerchug:
Anyone know of any other ways to get the IPadresses/ranges for Anti P2P companies?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:30 am  Post subject:

@pure : Sorry for the late respond, I was working... but for my Morph Log, I was lucky, I don't even know why it was writted there... nevermind.

Just check your PM, i've sent you the picture of it. Take a look by yourself.

For the Anti-P2P organization IP/Ranges, I don't know, but i'm one of the first that want to know too !!! :wink:

@elchupacabra : I've do nothing if it was not in my log ! :mrgreen:

And about the little trick with NetStat, I didn't know that one :wacky: Good to know !

@hagbard : About that same Hash thing for client, it's weird, not really good for the community, anyway, there's a lot of crazy peoples anyway :o Who knew ! :roll:

Thanks to all :beerchug: Cheers !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:12 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
The list of IPs or IP-ranges of the anti-P2P organizations is only good as far as they stay the same. It is hard to keep track of them.

What I do is to use PeerGuardian. It contains the list of anti-P2P organizations and blocks network traffic with destination addresses matching those of the anti-P2P companies. It also has an update feature which updates the list. You only have to click one button.

When you start using this program you will realize how many web sites actually contain links or referrals to those anti-P2P organizations. Their referrals will get blocked resulting in the site loading at a very slow speed. (and the icon will blink in the taskbar to signal blocked traffic :wink: ).

Maybe it's worth to try. Anyone has tried it or has a different oppinion?

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:25 pm  Post subject:

RedVeil, you're right when you say that those IPs/Range are only good as far as they stay the same, just like the IP of the Nick Thieft i've saw in eMule...

I have PeerGuardian 2, and i'm using it since 2006, and yes, it block a freaking lot of IPs ! :D

But, I have some problems here with the update of some lists. I don't know why, some give me an error like : Error Contacting URL. I've search the forum of Phoenix Lab, nothing that really work for me, maybe cause i'm using Vista. But there is one solution for the most important list of all, the P2P list, call Level1.gz. Me, here, I can't update this Level1.gz list, so, I have to rename the file in Level1.ZIP, and it work perfectly. It is writted in a topic on the forum of Phoenix Lab.

And I have an another problem too with PeerGuardian 2 cause I have Vista x64, and there is no PeerGuardian for Vista right now (only a Beta or Alpha, whatever, i've tried it, don't work for me, don't know why, i've follow the instruction... nevermind) so, PeerGuardian don't block any UDP connections, only TCP ones. When I was with XP, he'd block both TCP & UDP, but now, with Vista, he only block TCP connections. Anyway, it's not a big deal, but...!!! :?

So, for anyones who don't know PeerGuardian 2, go get this guys ! Here :
http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/

btw, we're getting a little out of topic here with PeerGuardian, I think there's already a topic about that...!!! anyway...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:05 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Yes I also have problems updating the list the normal way. I seems to me that the server is totally exhausted.

Peer Guardian downloads the lists from here: http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/lists/

It calls the several PHP files that all redirect to a 7-Zip archive. What I did to update the lists is:

1. Call the URI I posted and click each file / try to download it manually to your HDD to C:
2. Upload the files to a server via FTP
3. Open up the Peer Guardian config file "pg2.conf" located in your PG installation directory
4. It is an XML file. You look for:

Code:
    <Lists>
        <List>
            <Url>http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/lists/ads.php</Url>
            <Type>block</Type>
            <Description>Ads</Description>
            <Enabled>yes</Enabled>
            <FailedUpdate>no</FailedUpdate>
            <LastUpdate>1196278301</LastUpdate>
        </List>
        <List>
            <Url>http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/lists/edu.php</Url>
            <Type>block</Type>
            <Description>Educational</Description>
            <Enabled>yes</Enabled>
            <LastUpdate>1196278302</LastUpdate>
        </List>
        <List>
            <Url>http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/lists/p2p.php</Url>
            <Type>block</Type>
            <Description>P2P</Description>
            <Enabled>yes</Enabled>
            <LastUpdate>1196278315</LastUpdate>
        </List>
        <List>
            <Url>http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/lists/spy.php</Url>
            <Type>block</Type>
            <Description>Spyware</Description>
            <Enabled>yes</Enabled>
            <LastUpdate>1196278302</LastUpdate>
        </List>
    </Lists>

You change the URLs according to where you copied the files on the server.

5. Exit PG
6. Save your changes
7. Restart PG and start the Update

Now it should work. I also tried with file URIs (e.g. file:///C:/edu.7z) but PG crashes that way, so you have to upload them to your own server.

Btw. you don't have to download the GOVernment list. It is now included in the P2P list as stated by PG.

Quote:
# select the P2P list for now instead. it includes the GOV list.

Good luck. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:49 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
RedVeil wrote:
What I do is to use PeerGuardian. It contains the list of anti-P2P organizations and blocks network traffic with destination addresses matching those of the anti-P2P companies. It also has an update feature which updates the list. You only have to click one button.

Does PG do this automatically? I'm just running the program, not tweaking it in any way. Right now I'm blocking 736123495 IP's, but I'm not sure if those lists are included for sure. Can anyone confirm, or tell me what to do to include those lists?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:24 am  Post subject:

Thanks elchupacabra for your little trick in PeerGuardian !

I'll check this out soon... :P

@Slayer : Yes, PeerGuardian 2 can update all the lists automatically if you want, it's only a setting in the program. Just open PeerGuardian 2, the main window, and check out for the tab Settings on the top of the window. Click Next and you'll see the Updates Setting. Choose what you want.

After that, to choose what list you want the program to block, return to the Protection tab, and click on the List Manager. A window will open, click on ADD. A new window will open, you have two choice right now, Add File or Add URL. Choose Add URL, and enter every list that appear there, except for the Microsoft one, cause for me, MSN won't connect anymore ! wtf ? I don't know why... Anyway, after that, close the window, and your list will update, let it finish, and that's it. If you have a .txt file that you want to add, do the same thing but choose Add File instead of Add URL.

btw, I have downloaded three others Block List on the BlueTack forum when it was open (now it seems to be closed, is it just me ?) and this could be great to have it, maybe not, but they are not in the Add URL section... They are : Level3.txt, Rangetest.txt & templist.txt (If anyones want them, I can send them to you)

With all the URL lists (some don't work) and with those three extra lists, I have a total of 3030039330 IPs blocked ! that's a lot of IP, but every web site work, and I don't seem to have any problems in eMule...

So, I hope it help, and if you don't understand something (cause of my bad english ! :wink: ) just let me know, i'll post some picture of it. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:51 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I can't find that "Add File" option. :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:22 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
AFAIK BlueTack isn't gonna provide them anymore :?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:25 pm  Post subject:

@elchupacabra : I'm at work right now, so I can't make picture of PeerGuardian !!! :lol:

When i'll be back tonight, in 7 hours, i'll send you the picture ! :wink:

@pure : That's a shame, someone else gonna do this ! :roll: I'll let you know if I found an another way or web site...

Last edited by EvilDeadlyImmortal on Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.