Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:41 pm  Post subject: Phantasmagoria (PC Game)

Dead But Dreaming
I request the first and second installment in this series. It was a very gory horror adventure game I played when I was a kid and was scared shitless.

I'd REALLY appreciate if anyone had it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:25 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
why? these are really pants, I gave the first one away a long time ago but I still have the 2nd & been unable to complete it even with the guide. :o
Don't they come up in mule search ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:41 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
BadBugs wrote:
why? these are really pants, I gave the first one away a long time ago but I still have the 2nd & been unable to complete it even with the guide. :o
Don't they come up in mule search ?

As red, yes. Noone shares them. I've read they were bad yeah, but back then, you know. When you're a kid you just swallow whatever you get.

Speaking of horror games, I can only recommend Gabriel Knight 2 to all the horror fans. I also enjoyed "The 11th Hour" - a very strange game, high on charm and bad reviews.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:40 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I have the first part on 7 CDs. But it's the German version. :?

It's a quite gory and shocking game. Let's hope Uwe Boll is never going to create a movie out of this. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:57 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
german one is censored.

I think i downloaded it somewhere, but it was huge.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:15 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
I definitely is huge because it contains many movie sequences. Just like S.W.A.T 1 which I own on 4 CDs. It is an old dos game. :D

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:47 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
german one is censored.

I think i downloaded it somewhere, but it was huge.

If this is censored than I don't want to know what's in the uncut version. :roll:

Some parts are really disturbing. You see a man killed by ramming his face into a bottle where the bottle ends up in one of his eyes. You see how a person is tortured and killed by pushing bloody organs of other beings into his/her mouth. Well those are things I remember. :wacky:

The atmosphere was fantastic anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:15 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
The original Phantasmagoria was designed to run in DOS, I had it working in windows 98 reasonably well but it definately wont work on XP.

I remember the 11th hour, a follow up to the 7th guest. That was 1 of the first games I bought off ebay. A puzzler with very odd controls. The puzzles were crazy hard & maybe one for Spud, but again I played it on win98 with a patch & suspect it wont work on XP although I've not tried.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:09 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
BadBugs wrote:
The original Phantasmagoria was designed to run in DOS, I had it working in windows 98 reasonably well but it definately wont work on XP.

I remember the 11th hour, a follow up to the 7th guest. That was 1 of the first games I bought off ebay. A puzzler with very odd controls. The puzzles were crazy hard & maybe one for Spud, but again I played it on win98 with a patch & suspect it wont work on XP although I've not tried.

I've downloaded the 7th guest and it works on my Win 2000 machine. :D
Altough I agree and doubt that it will run under XP. But well... you never know unless you try.

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:18 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Perhaps DOSBOX can solve it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:57 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Trust me, I tried everything, look here: http://home.earthlink.net/~angeldancer27/XpGameList.htm

:(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:59 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably

http://home.earthlink.net/~eddie1231/my_personal_collection.htm wrote:
7Th Guest Windows XP -Windows98SE

You can always set up a virtual machine and install an old OS to try the game. It might be a bit time consuming but you do it once and you can install other games later and try them as well. :wink:

I used to encounter problems with DOSBOX when it comes to games that read data from CD the drive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:52 pm  Post subject:

Skull Full Of Maggots
I got phantasmagoria to work fine on xp :S I still have it somewhere. Awesome game. Check torrent sites for the game

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:38 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
I've found it. I'll get it and get back to you guys.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Phantasmagoria (PC Game)
Request Territory

Request Territory
For info : this one is an abandonware. You should find it quite easily, as it's completely legal to download it. :beerchug:

Editor at https://www.horreur.com #1 french website.
Specialty : indy flicks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Phantasmagoria (PC Game)

Site Admin
Tromatojuice wrote:
For info : this one is an abandonware. You should find it quite easily, as it's completely legal to download it. :beerchug:

Well not getting into the whole is it legal to download argument and sticking with the assumption that you mean its anymore illegal/legal to download an old game than a new one.

It makes no difference unless the company states it is waiving its rights, which they rarely do. The fact of the matter is that no one is bothered enforcing copyright laws in these cases because the material is no longer profitable to them. However, it still has the same legal status as any modern software. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Phantasmagoria (PC Game)

The Devil, Probably
Only exception is when you can download the game from the site of the developer itself. Example: http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/
But note the disclaimer text which says that you are not allowed to share the game with others (like sharing on eMule):

Rockstar North wrote:
PLEASE NOTE that while this game may be downloaded for free by all who register by filling out the form on this page, it is NOT freeware and may not be mirrored or duplicated by any third parties without express written consent from Rockstar Games.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Phantasmagoria (PC Game)
Request Territory

Request Territory
Yeah. Well. You got that right. Although the "copyrighting" of video games is a little bit blurred. Especially for games of that age (not sure they are considered as a piece of art. Actually, french legislation did not for sometimes).
Anyhow... These product are not sold anymore. So the question would be to look for some obsoletism (not sure it means anything in proper english).
I once wrote to Sierra to get my hands on a couple of oldies, and they told me to look out the web for them as they were not produced anymore, hence out of stock for ever.

(I gave up with software copyright enforcement, that class was just too heavy, and a lot more philosophical thant practical, as it's still a freakin' mess).

Though there are official websites (I mean known from everyone) offering abandonwares.
Like that one : http://www.abandonware-france.org/ (I know it's in French...).
I thought they had Phantasmagoria 2, but I can't find it. They've got the first one though : http://www.abandonware-france.org/ltf_a ... php?id=447

Peace.

EDIT (after a couple of researches):
Abandonware implies that the publisher, and all the copyright deposer have "abandonned" the software. That means no more selling AND no more Post Sale Services (damn, this is a rough translation... I mean nobody is here to help you if you have trouble after buying the product), usually for at least 10 years. Abandonware is per se, questionning copyright enforcement. So that verifies what you said I guess.

Editor at https://www.horreur.com #1 french website.
Specialty : indy flicks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:56 am  Post subject: Re: Phantasmagoria (PC Game)

Demon Of The Abyss
Have both part 1 and 2 originally.

Do you guys want me to rip and release it?