Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

The Ancient One
Still, it is not an alarm clock like you picture in your mind when someone says "alarmclock". This "clock" is more of a lamp. Not only is it the biggest part of the thing, it also has the most important function: to let people awake with more energy and a better mood.

(More and better than with a normal alarmclock, is what the company says)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:29 am  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
so a mobile is basically just a very SMALL clock then?? :googley: :googley:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

Blood Sucking Freak
:moon:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

Site Admin
antropomorphic wrote:

Whenever Slayer posts I think that man must have a small clock stashed away in his pocket :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

The Ancient One
antropomorphic wrote:

Well, the kids in class think like that, but actually I think it's a telephoning device on which you can see what the time is :P

spudthedestroyer wrote:
Whenever Slayer posts I think that man must have a small clock stashed away in his pocket :mrgreen:

You over-sexed and overaged teenager, you! :eatthis:

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

The Ancient One
Woohoo! Today was a great day! I finally received my DVD of "Mardi Gras Massacre" which is one of the hardest to come by. After the US debacle I bought one copy off a UK seller, but my payment got lost in the mail (strangely, this was exactly what happened when I tried to purchase this DVD in the US) so I had to transfer the money again, this time via international banking. All in all I paid some 100-110 Euros for this damned DVD and I'm very very happy that it finally arrived to sit in my Video Nasties collection. Now I only need Cannibal Apocalypse and I'll be complete!

Also, my Evil Dead 2 - Book of the Dead edition arrived today. It cost me only 22 Euros including secured mail, which is a good price, especially when compared to the example above :suicide: I just LOVE the screaming eye!!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:52 am  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

Site Admin
i only ever use paypal for payments off of ebay these days.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

Demon Of The Abyss
A usefull tool for ebay if your in the uk

http://www.localbargainfinder.co.uk/

Enter your postcode with no spaces, set the distance and away you go. Good for large items you can pick up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

The Ancient One
I quit buying DVDs online.

Ebay has not so much to offer anymore, I almost bought everything I wanted to have.

At marktplaats.nl I got cheated several times now: people sending me DVDr's instead of originals :matrix: :matrix: :matrix: and to top it all off, I suspect my mailman to steal my DVDs from the mail, as over 10 DVDs got lost in the mail in a few weeks. I have complained about it, but TNT can't do anything about it, as it is "unregistered mail". So if you want to have free DVDs, become a mailman, then you can steal your collection together. Stupid fuckers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

Dead But Dreaming
Slayer wrote:

Ebay has not so much to offer anymore, I almost bought everything I wanted to have.

At marktplaats.nl I got cheated several times now: people sending me DVDr's instead of originals :matrix: :matrix: :matrix: and to top it all off, I suspect my mailman to steal my DVDs from the mail, as over 10 DVDs got lost in the mail in a few weeks. I have complained about it, but TNT can't do anything about it, as it is "unregistered mail". So if you want to have free DVDs, become a mailman, then you can steal your collection together. Stupid fuckers.

Wow. That just sucks. In the States, we have something called Delivery Confirmation which
attaches a tracking number to the package. When it is delivered, you can check the USPS
web site to check if it actually made it to the destination. Is that what the registered mail
service is for you in the Netherlands?

I think your mailman needs to have a little 'accident' walking up your steps... :eatthis:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

The Ancient One
Yup, registered mail is "secure", but it costs 6 Euros, whereas the DVDs I buy are all between 3 to 5 (sometimes up to 10) Euros, so it isn't worth it, only with larger packages.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:00 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

Site Admin
Slayer wrote:

My mailman is "throttling" the mail too, we don't get post some days when I know for a fact we should be getting them. He seems not to bother delivering if he gets too much.
I can't be arsed with the hassle of dealing with the royal mail to complain though... nothing is missing yet, but I half expect it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

The Ancient One
Almost all things I order arrive. Only one VHS tape got lost once. :roll:

I ordered a DVD. The shipping address is no correct and the item of course did not arrive.

As I told the seller that she fucked up the address, she told me that she used my paypal address. But even that is a lie, because it is the same as the eBay shipping address. Why would you send an item to the Paypal address? Stupid lieing bitch. :suicide:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

The Ancient One
Situation: a guy advertised selling DVD's for good prices, I asked him if they were originals, I told him I wasn't interested in DVDrs, but still he sent me DVDrs instead of originals. Of course, this is illegal. Because this is civil justice and not criminal justice, I can't report the guy to the police, but I can report him to BREIN.

Question: if I report this guy to BREIN, what risk am I taking myself? Will they only investigate him and not me? Or will they check out my stuff too?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:09 am  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

Dead But Dreaming
Slayer wrote:
Situation: a guy advertised selling DVD's for good prices, I asked him if they were originals, I told him I wasn't interested in DVDrs, but still he sent me DVDrs instead of originals. Of course, this is illegal. Because this is civil justice and not criminal justice, I can't report the guy to the police, but I can report him to BREIN.

Question: if I report this guy to BREIN, what risk am I taking myself? Will they only investigate him and not me? Or will they check out my stuff too?

I'm not sure how the laws work there in the Netherlands. I just wikipedia-d BREIN and they certainly don't look friendly do they? Taking down Shareconnector.com
and Oinks Pink Palace certainly looks like they mean business. I don't read Dutch so BREIN's website wasn't much help.

My girlfriend used to constantly needle this guy who was selling DVDRs on ebay by contacting Ebay. After they
did absolutely nothing other than say "they would look into it", she ended up contacting the owners of the
copyright license directly. Shortly after that, she started to see listings pulled and finally the banning of this
guys account. :rock:

Maybe you could check out BREIN's website and see if there is an anonymous complaint area? My feeling
is, depending on how your seller was advertising the items (i.e. Now for sale: Blade Runner - New in box) or
otherwise not stating they are copies, then he is at the very least advertising falsely.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:10 am  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

The Ancient One
Well, he responded to my question Äre the DVDs retail, box included and not screeners or copies?" with the following reply: "The DVDs are for 99% retail, some are screeners and I don't offer any bad CAM images."

I have to give BREIN my email address, and I think as long as I give them my gmail I will be fine, right?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:25 am  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

Site Admin
Tell him the DVDs are COPIES of retails, not retail copies :wacky:

If you aren't going the refund route, leave him negative feedback and open a dispute on paypal and ebay. Then see about filing a police report. BREIN won't do anything. As far as I can see they only go after headlines.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

The Ancient One
I didn't buy them on ebay, but on marktplaats, a very unprotected place where you don't get support in cases like this.

I didn't pay with paypal, because it was within my country and then paying by banktransfer is the cheapest way.

Filing a police report isn't possible is what the police told me, as this is civil justice and not criminal justice.

After reading what you guys posted, I think I can wave my money goodbye. I think it is really pathetic that there are people out there taking advantage of other people's trust.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:13 am  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

Dead But Dreaming
Slayer wrote:
I didn't buy them on ebay, but on marktplaats, a very unprotected place where you don't get support in cases like this.

I didn't pay with paypal, because it was within my country and then paying by banktransfer is the cheapest way.

Filing a police report isn't possible is what the police told me, as this is civil justice and not criminal justice.

After reading what you guys posted, I think I can wave my money goodbye. I think it is really pathetic that there are people out there taking advantage of other people's trust.

I'm not familiar with marktplaats, but do they have any sort of forum for discussion? Perhaps at least mentioning
the guys handle and bad trade business in a public forum will stop one person from dealing with this fraud.

Another thing that is sort of surprising here is the civil justice classification. I can't believe that breaking
copyright law isn't on the criminal side. Here in the States, it's a civil and criminal case. But then again, the RIAA and others hold
some power to make that happen. :shadey:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Ebayers Anonymous

The Ancient One
Oberon wrote:
I'm not familiar with marktplaats, but do they have any sort of forum for discussion? Perhaps at least mentioning the guys handle and bad trade business in a public forum will stop one person from dealing with this fraud.

That was my first thought as well, but marktplaats forbids users to post personal data (like account numbers, addresses, even usernames) on their forums to prevent people flaming. This lack of byer's protection is one of the things which made me stop using that site.

Quote:
Another thing that is sort of surprising here is the civil justice classification. I can't believe that breaking copyright law isn't on the criminal side.

For me it is bad in this case, but in most cases I'm happy with our laws, especially when compared to those of the US ;)