Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:36 pm  Post subject: Please help me find this movie

The Devil, Probably
Yesterday I talked to a mate and she told me about a movie that she saw as a kid - it sounded cool and I told her that I will try to find it.
However I didn't succeed, so that's why I am asking you guys for help...

Here are the things that she remembered:
- black people with missing pupils (or white eyes like blind people have) that attacked others
- those people turned their victims "blind" (perhaps turned them into similar ones)
- these "monsters" attacked at night
- she saw it in Hungarian television when she was 9 (it must have been 1982) - so the movie is even older

Does anybody have an idea what movie this could be? Thanks in advance for any help! :beerchug:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

Demon Of The Abyss
Night of the Hungarian Black Dead? I have no idea mate, sorry!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:01 am  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
blind... hm :oops:
People who own the dark maybe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:35 am  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
Sounds kinda like the mutants in The Omega Man, with Charlton Heston.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:07 am  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

The Devil, Probably
barry wrote:

Thank you very much! This indeed sounds very well like the movie I am looking for. :beerchug:

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:54 am  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

Site Admin
RedVeil wrote:
barry wrote:

Thank you very much! This indeed sounds very well like the movie I am looking for. :beerchug:

wow, that was so obvious now i'd never have guessed that.

You made it sound like some racist blaxploitation; how can you remember their pupils and not remember Charlton Heston wearing the shittiest Austin-Powers like evening suit you could possibly imagine?

You digging it out in light of the recent remake?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:23 am  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
RedVeil wrote:
barry wrote:

wow, that was so obvious now i'd never have guessed that.

You made it sound like some racist blaxploitation; how can you remember their pupils and not remember Charlton Heston wearing the shittiest Austin-Powers like evening suit you could possibly imagine?

You digging it out in light of the recent remake?

You haven't read the first post, have you? :googley:
I didn't remember anything, since I never even saw the movie. A mate told me the points that I described in the post at the top. No I am not "digging it out" - I am currently not even sure that it's the movie I am looking for. I have to check it out first - it finished downloading yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

Site Admin
just pass on the questions ;)
and if it is The Omega Man, slap her :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

The Devil, Probably
Here's another movie I remember seeing as a child.

- It was a post nuclear sci-fi with a male hero as the main character.
- The hero found (maybe saved) a young girl. That girl somehow didn't fit into that "world".
- There was a scene where the hero offered the girl a "hot dog". The girl said: "How can you eat a dog?". :wink:
- At the end the hero went into a building or big moving fortress (I am not sure which) and defeated lots of bad guys including the main villain. I remember metal fences and perhaps chains being inside that place.
- I think that there was also an anroid creature in this movie that helped the hero, but somehow broke down and he perhaps "repaired" it at the end.
- I don't know the plot of the movie, but it was taking place in the desert all the time. I remember a part where they kept looking for water.
- The villains were organised like a gang. I think they drove small ugly cars.
- It is also likely that the villains tried to capture the young girl (for whatever reason).

I had a look at the "Post Apocalyptic" Collection over at the Sci-Fi forum, but haven't found it yet.
I hope someone has seen it and can give me its name. :roll: That would be awesome! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:26 am  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
RedVeil wrote:

I had a look at the "Post Apocalyptic" Collection over at the Sci-Fi forum, but haven't found it yet.
I hope someone has seen it and can give me its name. :roll: That would be awesome! :D

Shades of this maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacehunte ... idden_Zone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:22 am  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

The Devil, Probably
barry wrote:
RedVeil wrote:

Shades of this maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacehunte ... idden_Zone

You are my hero!

Here's the link if anyone is also interested: http://scifi.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=819

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

The Ancient One
It sounded a lot like Future Hunters too, but apparently that is a different film ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

The Devil, Probably
There's one more movie that I recently remembered. It was shown on television on new years eve after midnight when I was a kid.

I only remember one scene, which contained the following:
- a boy (probably highschool age) was teased by a woman
- the woman stripped in front of him - I think that she had a white nurse costume
- because of the tease a third eye was coming out of the boy's forehead
- the eye was sitting on a long pole while slowly coming out of his head
- the boy was sitting on a chair and the room was very dark - maybe there was a spot on the woman

I think that the boy had a friend at school and they used to hang out together, but I am not completely sure about that.

I know this somehow sounds like "From Beyond" but I am sure that it's a different movie. :roll:
I am hoping for your help again. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:39 am  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
It sounds a lot like From Beyond. Have you watched that recently, to be sure?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

The Devil, Probably
Chadman wrote:
It sounds a lot like From Beyond. Have you watched that recently, to be sure?

Yes, I have. In that movie the woman has a sado-maso dress. But in this one it was more like a nurse costume.
The whole movie was more like a trash comedy with some horror/spooky theme to it, if I recally correctly.

I am almost sure it was not "From Beyond".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:04 am  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Okay, so I don't really have any ideas, but how about some idea of the year: when you saw it; year it was probably made, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:42 am  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

The Devil, Probably
Chadman wrote:
Okay, so I don't really have any ideas, but how about some idea of the year: when you saw it; year it was probably made, etc.

That's a hard one. I can only guess about the year I saw it. It was probably around 1994 or 1995. I think it was shown on German television. I can't really come up with a production year. Probably 80s though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Hmm, maybe Dr. Aien... Actually, that sounds pretty likely, now.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095060/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

The Devil, Probably
Chadman wrote:
Hmm, maybe Dr. Aien... Actually, that sounds pretty likely, now.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095060/

Very well done my friend! It seems to be the one I was looking for. :beerchug:
Now I am curious: how did you find it? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Please help me find this movie

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Well, I've seen it many years ago on tape and the description just kind of clicked. I remember the guy had this power and women would be all over him. I also remember this scene where a woman in a lab coat or white shirt strips for him (might be the Landers woman). I didn't really remember the thing from his head, but imdb confirmed that to me.
What can I say, a good skin flick sticks with you. Ask me about Bikini Car Wash next.