Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:14 am  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)
Request Territory

Request Territory
:oops: ok I will as soon as possible :oops: but probably during daylight, just in case :lol:

usually, I dont mind watching scary movies all alone... but somehow, now, I'd rather not do that... :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:24 am  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Dead But Dreaming
I just thought of another movie that still REALLy bothers me: The Abominable Dr. Phibes. In particular, the scene
where Phibes is draining the blood out of Terry Thomas one jar at a time. It just seems endless to me! The
longer it goes on the more light headed I get watching it. Normally I can easily separate movie from real life
while watching a film. But that part just makes me close my eyes!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:00 pm  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Master Of The Dead Donkey
The end of Prince Of Darkness has been known to get me a little edgy.

Same goes for a few scenes in The Exorcist (why was the 'spider walk' cut out? That's freaky as hell).

And, without wanting to get into the whole "It's shit"/"It's brilliant" thing, there's two scenes in Blair Witch that chill me greatly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:50 am  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
perkin2000 wrote:
The end of Prince Of Darkness has been known to get me a little edgy.

Same goes for a few scenes in The Exorcist (why was the 'spider walk' cut out? That's freaky as hell).

And, without wanting to get into the whole "It's shit"/"It's brilliant" thing, there's two scenes in Blair Witch that chill me greatly.

I agree with this totally--the first time I watched Prince of Darkness I was queasy for an hour after. I also loved the spider walk in Exorcist--the rest of the film does not scare me too much but that scene is a real shit your pants type! I have to admit the last shot of Blair Witch with the guy in the corner freaked me out , even if I am not a huge fan of the film, that was a scary shot in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:51 am  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
Oberon wrote:
I just thought of another movie that still REALLy bothers me: The Abominable Dr. Phibes. In particular, the scene
where Phibes is draining the blood out of Terry Thomas one jar at a time. It just seems endless to me! The
longer it goes on the more light headed I get watching it. Normally I can easily separate movie from real life
while watching a film. But that part just makes me close my eyes!

:lol:
That is one of my faves as you know Oberon but I agree that the scene with the blood drainage is pretty icky....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:17 pm  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)
Request Territory

Request Territory
Hi! My first post here on this amazing site... :D

The last film that really freaked me out was "Session 9". Old abandoned mental institutions always have that menacing fear that gets to me. Add to the fact that there was zero CGI in this one, it made it all the more believably scary. I still get chills remembering the sound of the psycho killer personality voice on the old tape recorder. :shudder:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:32 pm  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Demon Of The Abyss
Ju-on and Shutter, the two latest films that gave me the chills. The Exorcist and the first Evil Dead, when I was just a kid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:35 pm  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
Mataesfola wrote:
Ju-on and Shutter, the two latest films that gave me the chills. The Exorcist and the first Evil Dead, when I was just a kid.

Shutter is a great movie. Ju-on too. Leave it to the japanese to create a scary ass movie by combining the two scariest things on the planet. Cats and small Japanese boys.

Also cameras.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:28 am  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Blood Sucking Freak
Dont Panic used to scare the shit out of me when i was a kid :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:19 pm  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

The Devil, Probably
very good topic. Cause i'd like to watch some movie, which could scare the shit out of me. Allcause, there were movies-like-this when i was child, but now... fuck, maybe my feelings are dead or something... or maybe my memory is dead...:) memento :DDD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:34 am  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Skull Full Of Maggots
I had a hard time playing through the game Fatal Frame alone.
I know, its not a movie wee.
Anyhow, I have yet to open Fatal Frame 2 and play it.. alone. Scary shit man. :eatthis:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:37 pm  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Skull Full Of Maggots
Slayer wrote:
There is this type of movies which give me the feeling of being sick and depraved when I watch them alone, like the Guinea Pig movies, and Nekromantik and the like. When I watch them with friends, it's OK, but watching them alone makes me feel like a freak. Anyone else has the same experiences?

Yeah I totally get where you are coming from with that statement. I felt that way about the "August Underground" movies, "Aftermath" and "The Untold Story".

Although I did startle some friends recently at a party when they put in the Original "Faces of Death" and I openly laughed out loud at much of it because like 90 percent of that movie is obviously fake (the special effects are in no way convincing). They thought I was insane until they watched the making of documentary that came with the DVD set.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:06 pm  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)
Request Territory

Request Territory
Have to say that there isn't any at the moment. Seen so much that nothing really gives any feelings of
fear or dread anymore. There are good horror movies, but none of them are scary in any way. Usually
just the opposite.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:23 am  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Skull Full Of Maggots
Slayer wrote:
Salo or 120 Days in Sodom was a film I watched and where I was glad I was watching it together with someone else.

There is this type of movies which give me the feeling of being sick and depraved when I watch them alone, like the Guinea Pig movies, and Nekromantik and the like. When I watch them with friends, it's OK, but watching them alone makes me feel like a freak. Anyone else has the same experiences?

I know exactly what you mean, I recently had to turn off a Japanese movie called Tumbling Doll of Flesh because I thought, what if someone were to walk in while I was watching this alone, they would think I was insane. I feel the same of August Underground, Guinea Pig, and any arthouse films like Salo or Sweet Movie. It is better to watch films like these as a group so you can all feel weird together and crack inappropriate jokes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:26 am  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Demon Of The Abyss
i had to turn off G-Force... those talking ginnie pigs were just to much to stomach

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:29 pm  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Demon Of The Abyss
Jynks wrote:
i had to turn off G-Force... those talking ginnie pigs were just to much to stomach

You´re not alone there, my friend... :voodoo:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:44 am  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)
Request Territory

Request Territory
the japs moives usually scare me the best.
also some hong-kong moives
not physiologically,but mentally :eatthis:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:04 am  Post subject: Re: What Movie Do You Have Trouble Watching Alone? (If Any)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
the exorcist when i first seen it at age 11, but otherwise, none