Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:42 pm  Post subject: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

Buried In The Backyard
Does anyone need the movie Pledge Night? I have the uncut Region 2 PAL DVD for it, The quality is close to a laserdisc but it's better than the VHS version my ex had. and It's fullscreen. I know it has Joey Bellodonna from Anthrax in it so that's one reason I checked it out forever ago. If anybody wants it I can either put up the whole 4GB DVD or just rip it DivX. Let me know.
:suicide:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

Skull Full Of Maggots
I think that every effort is worthy and yes, I will help you with the propagation of the movie AND want the movie be put on eMule. I thing that an AFR should be enough :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:58 am  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

Buried In The Backyard
So just DivX then? I'll post up some caps in my next post, It should go in the lower quality section, even though it's a real DVD, It's one of those from 2002 and it's a lower source. I'll get to ripping now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:45 am  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

Buried In The Backyard
Here are the caps, so you can see what the quality is like, It's not like horrible, it's just closer to an older DVD or a Laserdisc, it's fullscreen, audio is good quality, and the original DVD has a couple extras, 2 trailers and german subtitles.

I'm ripping it right now, should be finished by tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

The Ancient One
Noisy source...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

The Ancient One
Gorenography wrote:
If anybody wants it I can either put up the whole 4GB DVD or just rip it DivX.

Since the quality can be improved with filtering, I would suggest you do an XviD (not DivX!) rip. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

Buried In The Backyard
Yeah I'm doing XviD, It's taking longer than I thought because I'm trying to find a better program than the one I am currently using, It's in PAL and I'm not use to ripping PAL to XviD so the pictures looks sorta shaky on the program I'm using, Does anybody have a recommendation on what program I should use? I'm currently using 1Click DVD to DivX.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

The Ancient One
Have you ever heard of GordianKnot? That's the tool most people are using.

BadBugs created a great guide to it overhere: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15117

Feel free to ask if you need any help. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

Buried In The Backyard
Well, that seems like a really good one, but what sucks is I'm very limited on Hard Drive space, I need one of those programs that will let me rip from the disc, because I wouldn't have enough space to do a full 4gb then rip to XviD making it 700MB more, I only have a 10GB Hard Drive currently and alot of it's being used so all I have free right now is about 4GB, Is there another program or is there a way I can use this one without having to copy the whole DVD with DVD Decrypter? Otherwise I'm stuck using that 1Click thing.
Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:22 am  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

Site Admin
wow, that is not a lot of space at all :lol: I've got about 4 or 5 TB in active storage alone :lol:

You are pretty limited, you need at least the capacity of the vobs on your hdd, then you'll need another 100mb or so for the audio, then 744mb for a final 1/6th DVDr rip or 1.46GB if you do a 1/3rd.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:20 am  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

Buried In The Backyard
I have a ton of External, I have 2 500GB External HD's, I invested all my money into those because I can hook them upto my Xbox 360 and watch all my XviD's I copy onto it. But that don't help my situation, I guess I'll do the 1click and see how it turns out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:23 am  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

Buried In The Backyard
Well, I can't even believe how long this is taking to rip this, it's ridiculous, I ripped it really excellent quality yesterday and it came out perfect, but the damn file size was nearly 2GB. So I didn't want to add a whole 2GB XviD for just 1 movie, I deleted it, lowered the quality down some and now the projected filesize is at 702MB. I just hope it looks good. I'm still posting it in the lower quality section even if it doesn't, the source is the best I've ever seen of this movie but it still isn't what I'd want it to be. It should be finished ripping in about an hour and I'll add it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:42 am  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

The Ancient One
Gorenography wrote:
I have a ton of External, I have 2 500GB External HD's, ... But that don't help my situation, I guess I'll do the 1click and see how it turns out.

Can't you connect one of those external HDs to your computer?

If the DVD you are riping is not encrypted or you are running AnyDVD, you don't have to copy it to the hard drive.

You'll need space for the following things:

+ Audio (around 200 MB)
+ Final AVI (2 times, because GordianKnot creates an AVI without audio and another file with video+audio)

So if you are going to do a 700 MB rip. You'll need around 2 GB free HD space if the DVD is not encrypted or you are running AnyDVD.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:05 am  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

Buried In The Backyard
elchupacabra wrote:
Gorenography wrote:
I have a ton of External, I have 2 500GB External HD's, ... But that don't help my situation, I guess I'll do the 1click and see how it turns out.

Can't you connect one of those external HDs to your computer?

If the DVD you are riping is not encrypted or you are running AnyDVD, you don't have to copy it to the hard drive.

You'll need space for the following things:

+ Audio (around 200 MB)
+ Final AVI (2 times, because GordianKnot creates an AVI without audio and another file with video+audio)

So if you are going to do a 700 MB rip. You'll need around 2 GB free HD space if the DVD is not encrypted or you are running AnyDVD.

I tried that already, It always tells me I have to have the files on my Hard Drive to work with them. I did the 1Click though, It's watchable, but for some reason the size only came out 445MB? Atleast it's watchable, I still don't understand why it took 14 hours to rip a 445MB file. Do you think I should add it now that it's finished?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:30 am  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

The Ancient One
Gorenography wrote:
I did the 1Click though, It's watchable, but for some reason the size only came out 445MB? Atleast it's watchable, I still don't understand why it took 14 hours to rip a 445MB file. Do you think I should add it now that it's finished?

What is your goal? If it is a 700MB rip, you are not finished. :D

Why don't you use one of your external HDs?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:47 am  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

Buried In The Backyard
elchupacabra wrote:
Gorenography wrote:
I did the 1Click though, It's watchable, but for some reason the size only came out 445MB? Atleast it's watchable, I still don't understand why it took 14 hours to rip a 445MB file. Do you think I should add it now that it's finished?

What is your goal? If it is a 700MB rip, you are not finished. :D

Why don't you use one of your external HDs?

I would if I could.. this is the best I can do for now, if you guys like this and you want I'll rip the whole DVD to my External and share it over Emule, but I just don't have enough space to rip it with that program, atleast until I can get a new Hard Drive, and hopefully that will be soon. I have plenty of External space though. I keep a full External hooked upto my 360 so I can watch movies and one upto my computer for space.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

The Ancient One
I still don't understand why you can't use one of your external hard drives to rip the movies.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Pledge Night/ Hell Night

Buried In The Backyard
elchupacabra wrote:
I still don't understand why you can't use one of your external hard drives to rip the movies.

I stated above why I can't use my external to work on the XviD, my computer simply won't let me. I've tried converting it to FAT32 and NTFS and neither format works. I'm sorry. This is the best I can do.