Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:38 pm  Post subject: the new tv serie survivors, looks interesting....

The Ancient One
i just found this one and i am thinking about getting it, it sounds interesting. what do you guys think about this one?... and no i havent seen the 1975 version...

Quote:
Based on the original 1970s cult show, Survivors, the current series takes place in present day and has been re-imaged by writer Adrian Hodges. The drama focuses on the struggles of a small group who survive the aftermath of a devastating virus, one that wipes out most of the world's population.

more info..
http://www.tv.com/survivors/show/76372/ ... ts;title;1

teaser...
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Yicb-J8_NNU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:35 pm  Post subject: Re: the new tv serie survivors, looks interesting....

The Devil, Probably
It's been OK, nothing amazing really.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:42 am  Post subject: Re: the new tv serie survivors, looks interesting....

The Ancient One
I quite like it.

If you're into all that 'Day of the Triffids / 28 Days Later' type of thing then give it a go, there are a few very tense scenes too.

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:20 am  Post subject: Re: the new tv serie survivors, looks interesting....

The Ancient One
okay i will give it a try....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:16 pm  Post subject: Re: the new tv serie survivors, looks interesting....

The Ancient One
It is not too bad. Nothing amazing or innovative, but entertaining enough.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:04 pm  Post subject: Re: the new tv serie survivors, looks interesting....

The Ancient One
i just watched the six episodes that have been released. its nothing special, to be honest it was quite boring sometimes.... but i am gonna give it a few more episodes hopefully its pace picks up, if not i am gonna forget this one...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:46 pm  Post subject: Re: the new tv serie survivors, looks interesting....

The Ancient One
d0c wrote:
i just watched the six episodes that have been released. its nothing special, to be honest it was quite boring sometimes.... but i am gonna give it a few more episodes hopefully its pace picks up, if not i am gonna forget this one...

You'll be waiting a while for more episodes then - until next autumn probably when series 2 starts. :wacky:

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:57 pm  Post subject: Re: the new tv serie survivors, looks interesting....

The Ancient One
MCMLXXXVIII wrote:
d0c wrote:

You'll be waiting a while for more episodes then - until next autumn probably when series 2 starts. :wacky:

the first episode is 1h and 25min the rest are 50mins... maybe the episodes are to long... good story , good start, thats pretty much it... the episodes should have been 30min max, removed the family value crap and bring more of the apocalyptic and surviving of the fitest. next autum i have forgot about this show and moved on to somthing else... sometimes you get a feeling there is a woman that run these damn tv stations and ruin everything...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:08 pm  Post subject: Re: the new tv serie survivors, looks interesting....

The Ancient One
I would have to agree that sometimes it seems to drag, it is fine enough to watch but definitely feels 'padded'.