Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:07 pm  Post subject: Yeti - A Love Story (2006)

The Ancient One

Trailer:

filesize:       734,208,000
video codec: XviD ISO MPEG-4
video bitrate: 1226kbps
duration: 1:12:47
resolution: 656*384
fps: 23.976
audio codec: 0x0055 MPEG-1 Layer 3
audio bitrate: 106kbps VBR
audio channels: 2

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765488/

Quote:
Plot: Five college students go on a camping trip that leads them to a horrible secret. With no way home after the brutal murder of one of their friends, the group must battle an evil cult and a ravenous gay yeti. But the yeti might not be so bad after all...

IMDB Review:
Quote:
"Yeti: A Love Story" Totally Bizarre Fun Amos Lassen It is so good that gay filmmakers have reached the point that that they will deal with any subject and any genre. We know this was not always true and gay film has come a long way in the last few years and we have gay slasher films, gay detective stories, gay science fiction, etc. Now we have something completely new in "Yeti: A Love Story" about a gay monster and while I would not classify this as a good film but it is completely entertaining and fun.

The storyline is about five college students who go on a camping trip that leads them to a horrible secret. When one of the guys is brutally murdered, the remaining four have no way home and they have to battle an evil cult and a very hungry gay Yeti. I know this sounds ridiculous but hold on and let me have my say.

This is one of the strangest films I have ever seen and when it was over I had to ask myself if I had really seen it. I thought perhaps I had dreamt the entire experience until I looked at my DVD player and there was the movie.

I suppose that everyone knows that Yeti is the abominable snowman that is said to live in the Himalayas somewhere around Nepal and Tibet. I do not think that many know, however, that Yeti is not a murderer who simply kills those who get in his way but a homosexual whose desire it is to penetrate people anally. (At least that this is the premise of Adam Deyoe and Eric Gosselin who wrote, produced and directed this film).

When the movie begins we see a group of people dressed in red masks and white cloaks chanting "Praise the Yeti!" as they tie a male to a tree in a suggestive position. After the banging of a gong, Yeti is brought out and enters the victim with such force that blood flows from his mouth. (I know, I know this sounds crazy).

We fast forward to the present day which in the film is 1985 and meet five college guys on their way to go camping. They stop at a gas station and witness some really strange goings on that I dare not mention for fear of spoiling your fun. After filling up, the guys go into the woods and set up camp and talk foolishly about nothing of importance. When one of the friends goes in search of firewood, he accidentally kills himself while running from animal noises and missing getting shot by what turns out to be a Yeti hunter. The four guys that are left discover that there is a cult called "Children of the Yeti" that sacrifices young males to be raped by Yeti (Yeti is something of a chicken queen). The friends call on their inner strengths and try to stop this terrible practice but…..you guessed it….Yeti notices one of the quartet and the guy and the beast fall in love. (They have sex, share chocolate, talk about the future and no, I am not making this up). This love affair is not good for the guys in red and white because they lose their hold on Yeti if he falls in love.

I have to admit that this is a really strange film and I am not really sure what to say about it because I enjoyed it. Sure it is silly and outrageous but it is meant to be. There is so much foolishness here that it is hard to remember it all---the gas station scene is totally off the wall, crazy cults and churches, a lesbian pillow fight, truly kinky sex. I can't believe I watched this pastiche of bad taste but even worse is that I can't believe I enjoyed it.

Let's take a look at the characters. Adam, one of the guys, had some really great lines which make you groan and he fell love with Yeti which caused him to look like less the bigot and jerk that he was. Dick plays the straight man who is the geek of the group until he falls in love with a seductress from the Yeti group and they had some really kinky sex before he was to be sacrificed to the beast. The two women became lesbians after a pillow fight after having sex with the men and it just gets wilder and wilder.

There is a great deal of explicitness here and lots of penis shots and the editing is quite funny while the direction is quite good and the actors…..what can I say?....they acted. There is also a great deal of gore which was totally low budget.

I am closing this review by saying again that this is the weirdest film I have ever seen. It is a total "B" movie, the kind of movie to watch when you are really desperate and have nothing to do. If you refuse to take it seriously, you will have a great time. I hate myself for saying this but I had a ball with "Yeti".

ed2k: Yeti.-.A.Love.Story.2006.DVDRip.XviD-jb[CG].avi  [700.20 Mb] [Stats]

One of the best rips in the Troma collection. Thanks to badfish for the rip, screens etc. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Yeti - A Love Story (2006)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Thanks, Bugs. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Yeti - A Love Story (2006)

Dead But Dreaming
:beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Yeti - A Love Story (2006)

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
looks terrible. Thanks. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Yeti - A Love Story (2006)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
couldn't resist clicking this :beerchug: