Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:52 am  Post subject: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

Buried In The Backyard
someone can upload this great movie? :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098397/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

The Devil, Probably
I have found this on CG. Will try to bring it here. Might take some time, because there is only one seeder.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:52 am  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

Buried In The Backyard
goes perfect, you are waiting, thank you very much Red :rock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

The Devil, Probably
It's currently at 25% with the seeder disappearing from time to time. Estimated time to get it: 2 weeks. :mrgreen:

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

Buried In The Backyard
ok, this gem is waiting :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

The Devil, Probably
There's one major problem here: the movie is Italian and we have no subtitles. :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:36 am  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

Buried In The Backyard
I have no problem, I am Spanish and Italian is similar and so understand :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:14 am  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

The Devil, Probably
I had a quick look into the movie. It looks very cool and interesting!
It's a TV rip and the ripper f*cked up the AR. The picture is stretched to 1.7222 from 1.333 and looks awful.
The movie should be re-encoded, cropped correctly and given a reasonable file size of 700 MB.
Subtitles would be great, but I couldn't find any on opensubtitles.org. Maybe the other subtitle sites hide some, but that takes time to find out too.
So this has evolved to project number 3 on my TODO list. It therefore might take longer than I stated above. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:57 am  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

The Devil, Probably
Since the original AR accodring to IMDb is 2.35:1, I searched for a DVD version of "Streghe".

I found the following sites:
  • http://wtfdvds.com/all-dvds-1/witch-story-aka-superstition-2-dvd-1829.html
  • http://horrortheatervideo.com/all-dvds-1/witch-story-dvd-1724.html

However I believe that they are bogus pages, because they look very much alike and doesn't seem professional.
Maybe someone knows them, or has seen them before and can give a better statement about them...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

Buried In The Backyard
if the movie is very interesting, the search took a long time, but if you're really bad, would be better if you wait aver something better, or some captions as you say be nice, I also searched and I found no subtitles wait as long as necessary if it appears somewhat better, thanks for everything :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
wtfdvds used to be visual-pain (horrortheatervideo.com is wtfdvds new website according to the home page) and they aren't bogus sites, they just sell pirate/bootleg discs. Prices have gone up since the name change though, see my post here. I did order one disc from them (can't remember what it was) and it just came in a clear floppy plastic sleave. The disc played fine, and as far as I can remember it was delivered in a couple of days. Says it's the import print of Witch Story (Superstition 2), so it should be in English at least.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

The Devil, Probably
Thanks for the info. Putting the whole picture together, we have the following option to get a passable rip of the movie.

1. Order a bootleg disc with English audio, which hopefully is wide-screen (check this first!)
2. Rip the audio from the TV rip (torrent)
3. Rip the video from the DVD (bootleg)
4. Create subtitles manually based on the English audio from the bootleg disc
5. Put 2., 3. and 4. together

I think I will contact the guys from HTV.com to get an answer to point 1.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

Master Of The Dead Donkey
I don't think the movie's worth all the fuss. A simple rip of the English dubbed version would be great, IMO :)

Digital Conquest also sells a bootleg copy of it:
http://www.digitalconquestdvd.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

The Devil, Probably
We will see. I have contacted them, but didn't receive any answer yet. If I get a response I will post the update here.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:39 am  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

Buried In The Backyard
I sat and found this is very good, also has complete source

ed2k: Streghe%20(Witch%20story%20di%20Alessandro%20Capone%201989).avi  [644.39 Mb] [Stats]

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
language, specs?

Edit: Oh, you've not completed it yet.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
I'll update myself then: It's the same rip RV has - Italian audio (The original language is English btw) and bad AR. A re-encode is still in the works.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Just letting folk know that the rip posted above is cut, and missing over a minute of gore :(

After a quick scan through the TVRip comparing it against the bootleg DVDR, here's a list of the cuts:

02 seconds cut of woman being branded
06 seconds cut from the boy being stabbed.
21 seconds cut of the girl smashing boys head into the car.
27 seconds cut (the whole scene!) of the meat cleaver attack.
10 seconds cut of shots of the guy getting bludgeoned + 5 seconds at the scene change (no violence cut, just a little dialogue)
11 seconds cut shot of the axe attack + death the throes of girl after being shot.
03 seconds cut of the stabbing of the boy.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

The Ancient One
That's a movie massacred. It explains the audio being off.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Streghe (Witch Story) aka Superstition 2 (1989)

The Devil, Probably
But it also tells us that the movie has plenty of stabbing and killing going on ... :drunk: