Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:57 pm  Post subject: Sonic Youth - Death Valley '69 music video (1985) (VHSrip)

Servant Of The Dead Donkey

Quote:
"Death Valley '69" is a song by the American alternative rock band Sonic Youth and is the eighth and final track on their 1985 album Bad Moon Rising. The song was written and sung by guitarist Thurston Moore and fellow New York City musician Lydia Lunch, and recorded and produced by Wharton Tiers in July 1984. A demo version of the song was released in December 1984 on Iridescence Records, and it was released again in single format with different artwork in June 1985. The Flaming Lips' Finally the Punk Rockers Are Taking Acid includes a live cover of the song.

The video for "Death Valley '69" was filmed in 1985 and was the first music video by Sonic Youth, directed by Richard Kern. The video features the majority of the band in various states of bloody dismemberment interlaced with live footage of the band. The video is the only one to feature both the recently departed drummer Bob Bert, and then new member Steve Shelley.

preview : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5sx2_sonic-youth-death-valley-69_music

ed2k: Sonic Youth Lydia Lunch-Death Valley 69.mpg  [57.53 Mb] [Stats]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Sonic Youth - Death Valley '69 music video (1985) (VHSrip)

The Devil, Probably
Awesome post! I was really pissed when this and Titanium Expose weren't on the Sonic Youth Music Video DVD. Though I have them on VHS tapes "Goo" and "Screaming Fields of Sonic Love". Thanks man! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Sonic Youth - Death Valley '69 music video (1985) (VHSrip)

The Ancient One
I have the Death Valley 69 video in part 1 of the Richard Kern hardcore collection. I believe I downloaded that from here too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Sonic Youth - Death Valley '69 music video (1985) (VHSrip)

The Devil, Probably
Was that in there? I had grabbed that too, a long time ago. Good, creepy, stuff! :shadey: :rock:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Sonic Youth - Death Valley '69 music video (1985) (VHSrip)

The Ancient One
Yup, part 1 starts with it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Sonic Youth - Death Valley '69 music video (1985) (VHSrip)

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
GrindCallus wrote:
Awesome post! I was really pissed when this and Titanium Expose weren't on the Sonic Youth Music Video DVD

Do you mean Corporate Ghost The Videos:1990-2002 ?
If so,Titanium Expose is on that dvd,well atleast on mine is. :mrgreen:
Screaming Fields of Sonic Love is supposed to get dvd release,but nothing so far.Couldn't be better time for this,
they just left Geffen :devil:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:33 am  Post subject: Re: Sonic Youth - Death Valley '69 music video (1985) (VHSrip)

The Devil, Probably
Hmm gonna have to check it again...