Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:38 am  Post subject: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
Yep what title says. Been wanting to have a domain for awhile, to host files you can grab, such as full DVD iso's of my mixtapes. Do you think that would get me rejected by the host? I want to able to offer full files anyone can grab without p2p. I know less than jackshit about web-hosting, so I'd figure I'd ask you supreme muthafuckas. Cheap ones with free domain registration would be nice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
I smell a new mixtape cumming up :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
Yeah I have to fix CCV2 again, I tried to import it into Vegas9 and it didn't work, so then it got borked when I brought it back into Vegas8, so it needs some fixing... again :( Of course I could just start calling it CCV2: Forever!

CCV3 needs another couple scene's finished.

Would've asked this at one of the SBig's, but am away right now and forgot my passwords, doht!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:24 am  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
You might try a Rapidshare account with something else (facebook group or something...) linking to it. Then, you just have to pay for the RS account.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:58 am  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

Site Admin
rapidshare is delete-trigger bullshit, don't waste your time with that crap.

avis get you instantly excluded from 'free' hosts, say like dreamhost.. I dumped rars on there and got told off, largely because they weren't obfuscated and not password encrypted. If I did that I can/would probably have got away with it. They do regularly check, and its not just dreamhost, its all the 'shared' hosting companies. Can't really blame them.

If you want them to not 'look' at your shit, you'll need to get yourself a VPS at the least, of course if its copyrighted then you can potentially get yourself taken down by a c&d, but you won't have your host on your back.

You are looking at about 10 beans a month at a 'western' host with okay uptime.

Is this purely to share avis/dvds that you've done yourself?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:02 am  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

Site Admin
fyi, if its not copyrighted/liable, its not colossal and traffic were not an issue, I'd let you put it here. However, I think all three are the opposite? :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
Thanks for the info, and the offer SPud, but I mean mixtapes infringe man many copyrights, full DVDs are big! I was considering posting them on RS, and just linking in MySpace. I wanted to avoid p2p, I already have a MySpace with 'friend-only' blogs that contain links to the torrents, so maybe its best just to keep to that, but have a website anyway. Still with links to the torrents, like RetardOTron has (they even say you can buy it via email/paypal). Not really looking to sell copies, I'm too lazy and cheap to print them out. Though I've had many requests for hard copies of it on myspace.

I see some hosts have cheap rates and free domain reg. Maybe I'll get one, even pop an avi up there, see what they say. Don't know sht bout webdesign, want something like this: http://zxql3000.net/mixtape/ not too hard I bet, like I said I'm just lazy ;) :lol:

Thnaks guys, if anyone can think of a host who not give a shit bout hosting mixtape ISO files with hotlinks, please lemme know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
i tried to mess with mysppace
www.myspace.com/monkeyvision666

'I thought it was obvious, you sillly girl.
I'm a monster. I do monstrous things.'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:30 am  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
monkeysmasher wrote:
i tried to mess with mysppace
http://www.myspace.com/monkeyvision666

So I can cyberstalk you now? No Facebook?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:49 am  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
eh, it does got a picture of me and the little woman. stalk away

'I thought it was obvious, you sillly girl.
I'm a monster. I do monstrous things.'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 am  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
:shadey:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:16 am  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
yeah I got a myspace. should make a facebook too. Some life problems prevent funds from paying for webspace (ie, girlfriend is moving out so rent just doubled!)... for now I will just post d-links on the myspace of the new releases, then torrents for avi/dvd.

now that i fixed vol2 (hopefully) it can be released soon enough. Just gotta do one final encode, fix up the menus, check the art over with pure, masturbate, rape a cabbage, then compile upload and post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
You know you can customize the appearance of your MySpace page to look a bit like your mixtapes? I saw a tut somewhere that explained it in detail :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
I could but I fucking lazy and don't really care that much. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
Then its good I havent put any effort in that aswell :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
its such a pain for my unskilled ass to make graphics for a website.

pure wrote:
Then its good I havent put any effort in that aswell :lol:

I do really appreciate the awesome graphics you made for the covers (for free no less!), thanks a ton! maybe someday I'll give ya blowjob or a big bag'o'weed! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
I'm still waiting for a nice Splatter Effect Demo and T-shirt (xxl please) :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
ha well that'll be a ways away, we don't have the finances to record (correctly, properly) right now ($450USD for 10 hour day). The tshirts will be sooner, might make some real cheap ones probably with one of your graphics (and stickers too). Our bassist is working on a new logo for us and fix up our myspace. We'll be playing shows in may/june/july in boston-area, once our bassist learns all the songs flawlessly and I get my lyrics in order.

damn so much shit on my plate!

ontopic, this guy has residency at a local metal/punk/rock club and is gonna start booking metal bands to play and showing horror movies on the TVs every other thursday. Gonna see if he'll play some mixtapes! (hopefully mine!)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:48 am  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
Just get your demo/record done mate (ingood time) :D :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:33 am  Post subject: Re: Looking for a web host for video mixtape

The Devil, Probably
look dude i can only suck so many dicks a day. you'll get your fix, junkie. :rock: :watchingyou: :suicide: :shadey: :twisted: