Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:41 pm  Post subject: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

Master Of The Dead Donkey

Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut 5 Disc Ultimate Set

I've got my hand on this 5 Disc Set (not official) which contain four different versions of Halloween 6 The Curse Of Micheal Myers, which the fifth disc is a set of Bonus Features.
Of course, the rare and VERY good Producer's Cut workprint version is there ! That's the main point of this set !

Here the list of what's included :
Disc 1 - Producer’s Cut (Regular high quality 16x9 workprint version. Features 45 minutes of Alternate footage, and different music.
Disc 2 - Rough Cut Version (an early workprint version) This is the version most are familiar with. This version has a time-counter at the bottom. It features unfinished effects along with some different dialogue, scenes and music
Disc 3 - Director’s Cut (basically an uncut version of the final film),
Disc 4 - Television Version (Hybrid of the theatrical and the producer’s cut) This is a different beast alltogether. It is very different from both The P-CUT and THE THEATRICAL. It features scenes from both and removes some other Theatrical scenes and dialogue to fit the alloted runtime for TV. This maybe the hardest to find of all the HALLOWEEN 6 Cuts.
Disc 5 - Bonus Features (Behind the scenes from on set recordings, original shoot, reshoots, audition tapes, trailers, TV spots, electronic press kit, Entertainment Tonight clip, and the Halloween 5 promo reel).

Running Time :
1:35:38 min. (Producer's Cut)
1:33:49 min. (Rough Cut)
1:28:24 min. (Director's Cut)
1:31:01 min. (Television Cut)

Here's two reviews of that Halloween 666 Producer's Cut :
http://www.stomptokyo.com/movies/h/halloween6-pcr.html
http://www.filmsy.com/reviews/halloween ... ucers-cut/

Trivia (good point to know) :
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113253/trivia

What's in the Producer's Cut :
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113253/alternateversions

It's five DVD-R of 4.5 GB each, for a total of 21.3 GB. The DVD-R have Menu and Scenes Selection. I'm not the one who made those DVD-R, and I don't know who made them either. I even made a DVD cover myself, cause there was no artwork for it, so I could provide it too.

I would upload them on Tracker 3, cause it would be too long via eD2K links...

Or you would prefer .AVI files ? If so, i'm no good with GordianKnot, so I would be using CloneDVDmobile, who convert to DivX, 3-pass convertion and deinterlace. That's the best I could do. I can choose the file size with bitrate too, 700MB, 1.4GB, etc...
Personally, the original DVD-R would be better, since the quality of those DVD-R are already not very good.

Let's go voting :

DVD-R or AVI... :wink:

Last edited by EvilDeadlyImmortal on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

DVD-R all the way!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

The Devil, Probably
I'd say avi :beerchug:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

The Devil, Probably
ed2k: Halloween-6_Producers_Cut.Internal.Proper.Xvid.[STR].avi  [700.46 Mb] [Stats]

Don't know how well it's sourced though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:25 am  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

ViSCeRaL wrote:
ed2k: Halloween-6_Producers_Cut.Internal.Proper.Xvid.[STR].avi  [700.46 Mb] [Stats]

Don't know how well it's sourced though.

Yeah, well, i'm aware of this release from STR, and I don't want to step on somebody else foot, but me i'm offering the complete DVD-R, with Menu and Scenes Selection (home made), as well as all three others cut, with a fifth bonus disc which contain some unreleased bonus feature on DVD if i'm not mistaking (I didn't check all the box set and other DVD region of H6, only the Dimension NTSC R1 one, which is mostly barebone, so it's a nice addition to any fans...)

And wth GrindCallus, you AVI fanboy, you know a nice DVD-R would be better ! :mrgreen: DVD-R is the way to go !!! :P

Let's see more vote...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:34 am  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

The Devil, Probably
DVDr is useless to me at this point. I need avi/mkv/mpg/etc for my purposes. But release whatever you feel best. (like a turd or a load or maybe a tinkle)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:00 am  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

The Ancient One
Why do the producers think they can make a better cut than the director?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

elchupacabra wrote:
Why do the producers think they can make a better cut than the director?

It's just a name buddy ! And the movie is completely different ! WAY better. A complete different movie, different ending, different score, different scenes, everything ! Features 45 minutes of Alternate footage, and different music than in the theatrical cut, and it's the movie the original director wanted to release, but the studio didn't wanted this. The script went through eleven different drafts. Anyway, read the story here, from IMDB :

Trivia (good point to know) :
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113253/trivia

What's in the Producer's Cut :
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113253/alternateversions

I can tell you that i've watch it, and it's a TOTALLY different movie, and man, WAY better ! There is so much new scenes, and the story make sense, actually. The final of the movie is stunning, you'll never see Micheal Myers like that, and EVERYBODY need to see this ! I can almost tell you that it's the second best movie of the serie, after the first one ! Need to be see to understand.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

The Devil, Probably
I'd say DVD-R, someone can always make a shiny rip out of it if wanted :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

The Ancient One
EvilDeadlyImmortal wrote:
It's just a name buddy ! And the movie is completely different ! WAY better.

That's very interesting. I vote for a x264/mkv version then. :rock:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

The Ancient One
I stopped caring after Halloween 2, so I don't care ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

Slayer wrote:
I stopped caring after Halloween 2, so I don't care ;)

Oh man, you'll change your point of view when you'll watch this one. I would love to tell you why it is so amazing, but I would spoil it for you, and all the others, but trust me man, it worth the 90 min. of your life to watch this Producer's Cut, definitively ! :P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

The Devil, Probably
EvilDeadlyImmortal wrote:
Yeah, well, i'm aware of this release from STR, and I don't want to step on somebody else foot, but me i'm offering the complete DVD-R, with Menu and Scenes Selection (home made), as well as all three others cut, with a fifth bonus disc which contain some unreleased bonus feature on DVD if i'm not mistaking (I didn't check all the box set and other DVD region of H6, only the Dimension NTSC R1 one, which is mostly barebone, so it's a nice addition to any fans...)

Go for it, looks like the STR one is dead anyway. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

Alright. I'm trying right now to make a .MKV with DivX Converter. Never try it before, first time, so i'll see how it is, if it work, cause right now, i'm suspecting that it will only do one .vob at the time, so it's not looking good so far...

Anyone have any suggestion of software I could use to make .MKV, that you know work and is good (beside GK please, I just don't understand GK, too much step and things to do before the final product, which never worked out for me, and I know BadBugs guide, already try it several time...) I'm just too lazy to search on Google right now. Will do if no suggestion... :P

Last edited by EvilDeadlyImmortal on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

The Devil, Probably
Well I'm starting to get the hang of encoding with cmd :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

Well, i'm glad to say that it worked out pretty good actually ! I've been able to make a nice looking .mkv with DivX Converter. Here's the info :

Format : Matroska
File size : 1.43 GiB
Duration : 1h 35mn
Overall bit rate : 2 142 Kbps
Writing application : DivXMKVMux 3.2.0.0252
Writing library : libDivXMediaFormat 3.2.0.0252

Video
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@0.4
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 1 600 Kbps
Width : 848 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Standard : NTSC
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Language : English

Audio
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Language : English

If it's alright with you, i'll do the rest, and release them like this :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:21 am  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

Blood Sucking Freak
Framerate are off. Should be 23.976.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:22 am  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

fuEgo wrote:
Framerate are off. Should be 23.976.

Well, my source (the DVD-R) is at 29.970... so i'm guessing that's why the .mkv ended up in 29.970 as well. Anyway, I don't see any problem with the rip, i've watched it for about 2 min, no problem in the picture, no hallow, no lag, nothing. It all go smoothly... So why should it be a problem ? Enlight me, I don't know nothing about ripping... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:12 am  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

Blood Sucking Freak
I'm not the one to ask... lol
elguaxo is the master on this matter.

But:
Quote:
"Force FILM" is an easy-to-use form of Inverse Telecine (IVTC) -- bringing 29.97fps NTSC video that has been Telecine processed -- converted from FILM (24fps) -- back to a frame rate very close to the original (23.976fps).

It should not be used for sources that were made with video cameras, but only with sources originally made on FILM. A lot of anime was designed for broadcast, and shot with video camera. These sources should usually be left at 29.97fps.

Interlacing, on the other hand, needs to be removed. You have a number of choices. From within Gordian Knot, you can select 2 different de-interlacing filters, or, as suggested, you can use Decomb. The .avs file must be edited manually -- Gordian Knot does have an Edit button on one of the windows that pop up when you "Save and Encode" to make it a little easier. The decomb filter set, with documentation, can be downloaded from Doom9's site.

I hope this helped clarify things.

http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-21920.html

Maybe your encode is okay... :wacky:

Post a VOB sample.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:10 am  Post subject: Re: Halloween 666 : The Origin Of Micheal Myers - Producer's Cut

The Ancient One
Does "DivX Converter" have an option to use H.264 instead of AVC as video codec?

29.976 is probably not right with a motion picture.
Either you need to IVTC or it was already deinterlaced resulting id blended or lots of double frames.

The easisest way to find out is posting a VOB sample as fuEgo suggested. :wink: