Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:35 am  Post subject: Help get my movie to Cannes!

The Ancient One
Hi guys.

I just took part in another 48Hour Film Project, where teams around the world race to make a short movie (from writing the script to composing the soundtrack) in 48 hours. This time around we had to make an eco-film, with a strong message to "save the ocean". We had to use the line "Right here, right now", there had to be a key in there somewhere, and one character had to be an artist called T.Dupont.

More than 300 teams joined the competition, but apparently half of them didn't make the deadline. We got ahold of a great location (an awesome art gallery in Belgium) and wanted to make a sort of horror film there, but we ran into a few problems ourselves, and had to cut several scenes from the script (I hope people can still follow the storyline) but we did manage to come to some sort of a finishline.

Now, the price for winning this, is to have your movie shown at the Cannes film festival, which would be a dream come true.

So please, register, take a look at my 5 minute film titled Toxhibition, and give it a high rating:
http://www.48gogreen.com/video/429/toxhibition
(voting closes on the 4th of march, so if you're gonna see it, NOW's the time!=)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Help get my movie to Cannes!

The Ancient One
voting done, 5 stars masterpiece! keep up the good work and i hope you win :rock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Help get my movie to Cannes!

The Ancient One
Regged, but didn't get an email yet. Maybe later.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Help get my movie to Cannes!

Master Of The Dead Donkey
Registered and clicked.

A solid 5 stars from me.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Help get my movie to Cannes!

The Ancient One
Slayer wrote:
Something must have gone wrong first time around. Retried and it worked. Rating also didn't work the first time, I had to leave the page of your film, then go back to it in order to vote. A bit of a hassle, but you got yourself another 5 stars!

(I must admit that it was indeed difficult to follow the storyline)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Help get my movie to Cannes!

The Ancient One
Slayer wrote:
Slayer wrote:
Something must have gone wrong first time around. Retried and it worked. Rating also didn't work the first time, I had to leave the page of your film, then go back to it in order to vote. A bit of a hassle, but you got yourself another 5 stars!

(I must admit that it was indeed difficult to follow the storyline)

Yeah, it was frustrating to do this, when so much had to be cut out and re-written on the spot. I was writing dialogue while the cameraman was checking the focus. But that's all part of the game...

The webpage is causing us a lot of grief. Thanks for your patience and support. =)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:00 pm  Post subject: Re: Help get my movie to Cannes!

Dead But Dreaming
Rated 5 stars from me. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:34 am  Post subject: Re: Help get my movie to Cannes!

Site Admin
I sent a letter to canne's saying you were a peadophile and we need their assistance to get you to france for a sting called "operation kiddy mcfiddle". That should get you to Cannes.

I tried clicked 5 star, despite there being no aqua-man, but it won't let me :( Sorry, well hopefully you are in the top 5 :p

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Help get my movie to Cannes!

The Ancient One
Nope, the voting ended on the 4th, and the finalists were announced yesterday. Our little film did not make it this time. Still, thanks to all the people who helped us out, and supported us! =)

There's a new 48H film compo in 2 weeks, this time without the "Go Green" tag, which should (hopefully) make it easier to come up with something cool.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Help get my movie to Cannes!

The Ancient One
only 4 hahh people voted?? its not like it used to be, thats for sure... there should at least been 20 votes from this place... i will gladly vote on your movie projects john, so keep posting about them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:04 am  Post subject: Re: Help get my movie to Cannes!

The Ancient One
Sorry I am late.