Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
MCMLXXXVIII wrote:
Reminds me of a DVD which I've never gotten round to ripping, because the movie is in 1.85 non-anamorphic with the end credits at 1.33.

The text on the credits fill the 1.33 frame more or less, so cropping this to match the movie itself isn't an option.

I'm sure someone here said to use zone cropping, but after your explanation of what it entails I take it that it wouldn't be suitable.
Like jb says, I don't think many people will mind if the end credits are somewhat bogged. Only if they contain imagery (like bloopers, or anything) it could pose a problem. As long as the text is readable, I would not worry about it too much. There is a limit to perfectionism ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Devil, Probably
I would love to see a sample myself.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:10 am  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

Blood Sucking Freak
junkboy wrote:
You'll be losing a lot of information from the 16:9 sections if you crop the 4:3 sections, won't you? If not, then maybe zoned cropping is possible for that source. I'm not a gamer, but there is aliasing in the encoding world, though I don't know if it's the same - Maybe upload a small sample containg the transition from 4:3->16:9 (or Vice-versa) and let someone take a look at it for you. The same applies to whenever you're having difficulty with any encode you might be working on and need help with it (be it with pulldown, or just general filtering). A small untouched sample of the source is nearly always needed.

Ok thanks for that :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
This could be a way to deal with this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=149161

Ripping the credits separately and everything with its correct AR. Then put the two files into one MKV file.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:54 am  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
Anybody know how to solve this?

I want to rip a sample, but it won't open the mpegsource? Wtf?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

Site Admin
You are missing a DLL, DGDecode.dll

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:30 am  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
Mmm, yeah, turns out I had different versions (1.4.3 and 1.5.8) trying to work together. Next question:

I uninstalled GK, but when I want to reinstall it, it will also reinstall DGIndex 1.4.3

Is the best way to avoid this:
- uncheck DGIndex in GK setup
- install everything else
- install new DGIndex separately
- edit path in GK for DGIndex ?

Or will this become a clusterf*ck?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
OK, all works like it should, except MPC doesn't do the preview anymore, it syas "File not found". Any tips on that?