Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3099 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 155  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:29 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver - third installment of the weird baked killer, this time spoofing movies such as Silence of the Lambs (Clarissa Darling, lol) and Carrie. The shallow storyline is about the Gingerdead Man rtavelling through time back to 1976 to a rollerskate boogie club where the annual election of the roller Boogie queen takes place. Of course the shy nerdy niece of the owner wins instead of the 4 time winner queen babe. The Gingerdead Man kills off many babes and some guys in the meantime. While this film was less cheap (no rerun of teh Gary Busy scenes from part one), it was also less raunchy and a bit tamer. Some kills were still nice, though the cgi blood killed my atmosphere at least a bit. OK-ish, but not as fun as parts one and two.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:34 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Dogs - 70s film about dogs having extreme trouble with pheromones, turning them into bloodthirsty predators. Aty a college, some biologists try to find out what is going on, while the dogs get crazier every day and pack up to kill cattle and humans alike. Although atmosphere is OK and the acting is also good enough, this story is very shallow and is pretty uninteresting outside of the dog attacks. Fortunately, the attacks are quite ferocious and vloody, so that makes up for the lack of suspense. I had fun, but I don't think this is a film I will watch again soon, it is just too mediocre for that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:30 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
The Guardian - the first horrorfilm by Willam Friedkin since he made The Exorcist, so I had some expectations. And fortunately, that was not unjustified! The film starts with an explanation about evil tree guardian spirits and in the first scene you see a family who lose their 4 weeks old baby to such a spirit. Then we jump to a couple who recently moved to LA from Chicago, to find out they are expecting a baby shortly after. They start looking for a permanent babysitter so they can continue working (to pay for a better house in the near future), and they find one which seems too good to be true. Pretty, caring, cheering references and their little boy likes her from the first minute on. So everything seems to be in order until a neighbour disappears, then the father starts to investigate a little and finds out more and more about their perfect babysitter. He has to be fast in order to not lose his son, but the sitter is ready for a battle! Nice build up, you know what is gonna happen but that just enhances the experience because the characters don't. The sfx are sometimes a tad crappy, but there are some genuinely scary moments, especially in the battle between father and sitter. It had been a while since I felt a bit scared watching a film, so that was great. Acting is good, there is some gore to enjoy and although the ending is a bit tame, this is a good film, recommended!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:39 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
I've never heard of the screamers, but talking of remakes... what did you think of Poltergeist and A Nightmare On Elm Street? I didn't think they were all that bad to be honest. You gotta let me know what the new Halloween is like. I have it, but it's not a great copy and I'm not allowed to watch it as my nephew wants to see it too, lol. We both absolutely hated Rob Zombies remakes of one and two, they were dire and we thought the way that he portrayed Dr. loomis was Abysmal. You can't replace the original Dr. Loomis, he was a legend. Well he was in our eyes :D :rock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:04 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
bag woman wrote:
I've never heard of the screamers, but talking of remakes... what did you think of Poltergeist and A Nightmare On Elm Street?
I haven't seen them. I'm very weary of remakes, although that's also a bit hypocritical of me as my favourite film (The Thing by Carpenter) is a remake :lol:

So I stick to oldies mostly, and I recently bought a DVD with 4 scifi fantasy gems from the 80s on it! The first film was

America 3000 - the world has been hit by a nuclear war and years after, there are several tribes living in the wasteland. The dominant tribe is one consisting of Amazonian-like warrior women, and they keep men as slaves for work and for breeding (seeders). There are also free men, some sort of cavemen who are very dumb, and some escapees. The women call men Plutorgs, and the men call the women Forla or something. There is a whole language thing going on with new words like "woggos", "naggy" and "solemn swear", making the film laughable but also a bit less understandable. There is an annoying voice over who makes dumb jokes but helps understanding the story a bit better because of the weird language and the lack of dialogue is several scenes. The main characters on the male side stumble upon a nuclear shelter where he finds lots of goodies from the 20th (??) century: a golden suit, a ghettoblaster and laserguns. Yes, laserguns!! So now they are gonna free the poor slaves in the women's camp. Among the female warriors, factions fight for the title of "Tiara" (it's queen but in a way of trying to be interesting) and this makes negotiating peace with the men harder, but of course they find out about love (actually it's compassionate sex, but hey) to save the day. Get beer, high and/or friends and watch this and you will have a blast. Highly recommended for bad moviefans.

This raised expectations, I wonder what the other three films are like, unfortunately I'm pretty busy in the coming weeks, so not sure when I can continue consuming this box.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:44 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
bag woman wrote:
I've never heard of the screamers, but talking of remakes... what did you think of Poltergeist and A Nightmare On Elm Street?

A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) is probably my favorite horror movie. The remake was quite good in my opinion. It added some interesting things to the plot (like: the possibility of Freddy being a victim and not a murderer, the medicine that helps staying up and investigating Freddy's origin) that I really liked and were not in the original at all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:53 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Recently bought a box of films from a felow horrorfan, and this was among them.

Pentagram - aka The First Power. Lou Diamond Phillips is a cop in LA trying to find a serial killer in this film which is more a thriller with a touch of horror. The horrorpart is that the serial killer gets the gas chamber after having been arrested by Phillips, but after his death more victims show up with his signature on their bellies: a carved pentagram. He and his partner are gonna go after him with the help of a psychic, so they have to fight the usual prejudices and in the meantime try to prevent more victims to fall prey to this madman. Average thriller with some gore and at least one really cool kill (actually how they find the body is cool, because you don't get to see that particular killing), never really exciting or very interesting. There are many more, and better, alternatives for when you want to see a cop chase a serial killer. Only for die hard serial killer fans.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Rage 187 - aka Rage: Dark Reign II. I don't know of a movie called Rage: Dark Reign, so I'm not sure if this "sequel" actually is a sequel (a bit like Surf II). Released on the Emporium label, this is a guarantee for ultra low budget filmmaking and that is what this series of images gave me. The story is about a bunch of friends who party with each other every year at the beginning of summer but one time things go wrong: some of the friends turn up dead. The police is quick to arrest one of the frinds, but because they can't prove it was him, he is being released. Nine months later more murders occur, so the police knows where to look. But are they really looking at the right guy? More a thriller than a horror, this film doesn't contain much gore, it has a lot of wooden acting and long scenes with just dancing people where nothing really happens (the "party"). It was pretty boring, although the filmmakewrs did try to ake something out of it, witgh scenes in sepia, an attempt at a plot twist, etc. Unfortunately they also rerun several scenes which is a big nono in my book. OK-ish, but not very recommendable.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:43 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Crimes of Passion - Kathleen Turner is China Blue, an alter ego in which she works the streets as a prostitute, while in normal life she is Joanna, a designer for sports clothing. As China Blue she meets various types of men, including a maniacal priest and a guy who is unhappy in his marriage, but has a job to spy on China Blue to see if she helped the competition get some designs for sports clothing. Of course him spying in her and him being unhappy with his marriage results in him getting to know China Blue better. Although both Turner and Anthony Perkins (as the priest) make good performances, the film just didn't do it for me. Yes there are some weird things with sex, yes it is sleazy at times, buit no, this is not horror and no, this never gets anywhere close to exciting. The guy with the spying job actually annoyed the hell out of me, the music was awful and the plot was uninteresting. The director's cut runs for 112 minutes, but I'm not gonna waste my time on it anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:54 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Mother Krampus - Time for seasonal horror! The title is a total ripoff, for this has nothing to do with the Krampus movies, nor has it any creature in it which has anything to do with Krampus. But: it's a Christmas horror so time to shove it in the DVD player allright. The story is about a family falling apart and the daughter Amy trying to get her parents back together again, but her father bringing his new girlfriend to dinner doesn't help things to get along much. This all happens at grandpa's house, which is outside of a village that carries a secret: in the past the villagers hanged a woman who was accused of killing off children. This woman cursed the villagers and told them that Frau Perchta, a witch, would come and take their children. Its seems that this year, the curse has come true, as several kids have disappeared already. Now it's up to Amy and her family to do something about it. OK Christmas horror, something different for a change: nice to see a witchmovie instead of yet another slasher visiting teenagers on Christmas Eve or the cgi Krampus trying to duke it out with Santa. Some gore, not scary and a nice little twist which you could see coming if you pay attention. I had fun watching it, but this won't become a classic, even though this was better than most British horrors that I have seen in the past year. Nice passtime for the season, I'd skip it anytime else.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:33 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Gun's Eye - a guy named Vick Heil (seriously!) buys a Luger pistol, but he doesn't knbow that this is a very special pistol: it takes over the person owning it. Vick starts seeing things through the barrel of the pistol, so he sees what the gun "saw" in the past. When he goes to his parent's house int eh woods with his friends, h brings the gun. Of course he shouldn't have, things turn ugly very soon. Pretty bad B-flick, with a minimum of gore because all kills are of course pistol kills. The whole gun-and-owner-become-one thing is a bit Cronenberg-ish, where the hand grows around the pistol and of course never runs out of bullets. The flashbacks to nazi-Germany make it all extra strange because they actually don't have anything to do with the main plot. A bit weird, at times a tad boring but still not a copmplete waste of time. If you are into B-movies, check this one out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:57 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Torture Garden - British anthology from the 60s, with a heavy Hammer-vibe although it isn't Hammer afaik. Five persons visit a carnival where a Dr. Diabolo is showing them "real horror" in the form of Atropos, the goddess of destny. She looks like a waxwork, but can actually cut short the thread of (your) life with her shears. One by one the visitors undergo a look into their future, a warning from Atropos. In the first story a man called Colin visits his dying uincle just to get his inheritance in the form of a treasure, but the treasure comes with a price. In the second story, a young American actress does everything in order to get rich and famous but also has to pay a high price in order to maintain that success. In the third story, the girl is falling in love with the pianoplayer she has been interviewing. Unbeknown to her, his piano has a personality, and a very jealous one at that. In the fourth story a man goes to extremes for completing his Edgar Allen Poe collection. The wrapround story is OK, from the stories I liked the last one best. Acting is good, effects are a tad lacking sometimes, but overall this was a very atmospheric movie which I enjoyed a lot. UK, y u no make movies like this anymore? Recommended!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:52 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Had some friends over for movienight:

Black Roses - a rockband called Black Roses visits Mill Basin, supposedly a sleepy town. The town's youth are all fans, the parents are worried: maybe the band will cause their teenagers to rebel! The band performs a series of concerts, even though the parental committee of the school is against it, but when they see the first song being played their minds are at ease: it's not as bad as they thought. Then they leave and the band starts singing heavier songs and they also start influencing the kids: leadsinger Damian turns out to be some kind of demon, and all the bandmembers turn into monsters, brainwashing the kids and turning them into violent rebels (just like the parental committee was worried about! They were right after all! Oh noes!). This film is strange in several aspects: the leadsinger is seen with short hair, long hair and bald. The bandmembers are soemtimes dressed as boarding school boys, sometimes as rockstars and sometimes as some Manowar-like powermetal heroes. In the audience some people turn into monsters, but what happens with them we don't know. The schoolteacher who has a weak spot for one of the girls in his class has to fight a monster in his kitchen (it is actually the girl turned into a monster) and after he has killed it we can still see the girl running around. Best scene is when a dad gets eaten by a monster and sucked into a speaker. Recommended for bad moviefans!

The Bronx Executioner - in a post apocalyptic world, two groups of robots are duking it out against each other: the humanoids and the androids. Some people still exist and they try to keep the peace, with sheriff Blackman at the front. He is going to retire soon, so he promotes James to become his successor, after telling him several times before that he can't make it (in a training session which resembled a torture session). James learns that in the Bronx there is danger on every streetcorner, but afterwards we don't see him in any urban setting whatsoever: the whole thing plays out in a quarry and some adjacent empty buildings. The androids murder a lot of humanoids (and they murder the same people a few times in a row: sometimes they throw themselves into the hail of bullets), and now the humanoids want to take revenge. Dakar, the leader of the humanoids who can't speak sentences longer than 5 words, has to stand up against Margie, a scantily clad blonde with an M2 carbine. There is a lot of walking around in empty buildings and a lot of shooting and repeating of shooting. The story made no sense, acting was atrocious and the dubbing finished it off. Highly recommended for bad moviefans!

With Academy - this Fred Olen Ray film features a bunch of screamqueens in skimpy outfits: Michelle Bauer in a shiny dress and a blue leather skirt, Suzanne Ager in a leather dominatrix-like outfit and Ruth Collins in a pink leather skirt and a black rubber bra. Them walking around the house saying dumb things is about 80% of the movie, the other 20% is about a nerdy girl wanting to join this "sorority", and because she is going to be rejected, Satan (in the for of Robert Vaughn) steps in to help her: he turns her into yet another girl with skimpy outift. In this appearance, she then turns into a monster who sucks blood out of the victim with some sort of a drilltongue: these scenes are the most hilarious ones, as the monster keeps wearing the lingerie of the girl. Slowly ut steadily it turns out that the devil is just out for some scheme to regain his powers, will the nerdy girl work with him or will she retain her virtue? See it all in this Z-grade horror by Fred Olen Ray! Why this is called Witch Academy is beyoind me because there are no witches in this film, nor does it play at an academy but in a sorority house. Again, (highly) recommended for bad moviefans.

Arena - on a strange planet, the inhabitants are kept busy by watching fights in an arena between several types of aliens. The winner is the one who has a best out of three score in dragging, punching or kicking his opponent over a certain boundary. It has been years snce a human fighter had a serious chance, because the aliens are all so much stronger. But when Steve Armstrong, a human who actually wants to retun to earth, gets into financial trouble, he makes a deal with Quinn, a fighter manager. Fighting for her, Steve gets higher and higher in the competition, and of course he wants a shot at the title but for that he has to fight an alien called Horn, the reigning champion. Rogor, the owner of the arena, tries to keep his power and does everything to prevent Steve from grabbing the title. Besides all this fighting stuff there is also a lovestory going on and some huiman nostalgia to the era where they did have a chance in the fighting arena. The creatures in this movie look pretty cool, the story is superpredictable though, but the girls look pretty and the atmosphere is just right. Recommended, for bad moviefans and for scififans alike.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:43 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
The Key - aka La Chiave. The film Tinto Brass made right after Caligula. It's a totally different film though, and I'm not sure what to think of it. The story is about an old professor with his much younger wife living in Ventia in 1940. He can't satisfy his wife sexually, and she has her eyes on her daughter's new boyfriend. She writes about it in her diary, but the professor reads it (only after he himself has set her up to read his diary, with use if the key from the title). So while they keep each other in the dark about them reading each other's diaries, they play some sort of a mindgame in which he writes what he wants her to readf, and she acts in the bed as she think he wants her to act, and also to make up for the fact that she now is having a fullblown affair with the boyfriend of ehr daughter. Who, after a while, also starts taking part in the grand scheme of things. here is a twist in the plot somewhere near the end and that made it quite nice, but overall this was a bit of a weird film. Plenty of nudity, also full frontal (both male and female), but never in a sleazy kind of way. It was done with more subtlety and it served a purpose in the story. In one scene Brass makes fun of the whole thing clearly, when the boyfriend is acting like a horny stallion. I have some more of these Brass films laying around (they are from later years), so I'm gonna check out if he is making any progress or that is getting more ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:24 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Watched two more Brass films today.

Cheeky - aka Playboys aka Tra(sgre)dire. This film has almost no content: Brass grabs every opportunity to show skin, and there are way more opportunities than you might think. For example: the main character never wears any underwear, so when the wind blows, her skirt lifts up and her ass is shown. This sort of stuff happens throughout the film, and believe it or not it gets a bit tiring after a while. The events are very uneventful: the girl lives in London, her boyfriend wants to come over but has to bring some stuff from her room. There, he finds loveletters from a different guy so he gets jealous. In fact this is the plot, and everything else is just an excuse to show more tits and ass, such as a party on which the best ass is chosen, so a row of women is sitting barebottomed, waiting for the verdict. Somehow this seemed very exaggerated to me, I noticed that I can stand this better in a Roman setting (like in Caligula) for some reason. Well, if you want a movie and lots of tits and ass you might like this, but if you are looking for a fun B-movie, then better pick something else.

All Ladies Do It - aka Così fan tutte. Supposedly based on the Mozart opera (very, very loosely), this story is about a couple: the woman is asking herself if she has done riught by marrying age 19. She is now 24 and wondering what it would be like to be with other men, so she flirts a bit here and there and gets touched by her boss and everything. When she tells her husband of it, het gets madly jealous (jealousy is obviously aa main theme in Brass films, as the quote "to think you are with another one makes me mad with jealousy, and the jealousy makes me mad with desire" returns in almost every film) and he is planning on leaving her. She then looses herself in the nightlife of Venice, where she acquired a new apartment as an inheritance. She keeps having faith in her husband returning to her, and tries to withstand more seduction in the meantime. More plot than in the previous film, which was a relief. Of course the horniness of women in these films is astounding, but this time it was more in line with the plot. Beter than Cheeky, that's for sure. Still I wouldn't know how to recommend this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:28 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
J.D.'s Revenge - blaxploitation mixed with horror. Ike is studying law and earning money as a cabdriver. When he and his girlfriend are a night out with a couple of firends, he gets hypnotized on stage in a show. While being hypnotized, he gets possessed by the spirit of J.D. Walker, a pimp from the 40s who got killed in revenge for a murder he didn't commit. Now the spirit wants to have his revenge in turn, and Ike changes from tiemt to time into J.D. Walker, searching for the real murderer from the 40s. A bit of an atypical blaxploitation, like most "horror" blaxploitations are. The whole spirit thing is portrayed a bit clunky, the action is OK-ish (althoughthe slice effects arepretty bad) but there are some mistakes that could have been easily avoided: the murder is 30 years ago, but both the murderer and his brother haven't aged that much. Why not make the murder happen 10 years ago? Problem solved! The policeman subplot was OK, but a bit exaggerated: he just kept going in his wrong assessment of the case. Overall quite a nice film, but if you want an introduction into the subgenre, pick another one that is more typical for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:59 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Cinderella 2000 - a soft erotic scifi musical. Yes, I'm serious: this film is all that. The famous fairytale transformed to the future, makes us watch Cinderella in 2047, working hard to keep the house clean for her stepmother and stepsisters. In this future, sex is forbidden, and people caught "in the act of fornication", get shrunk to dollsize for the duration of 6 months. When Cinderella's Fairy Godfather visits, he brings a message of love and central control, who has beem keeping an eye on it's citizens for years, tries a bal masquee, where free love is allowed. Of course this heals the planet and Cinderella attends the party in a new form. Afterwards Tom Prince sets out to find her back, as in the fairytale. Funny and absurd film, sfx were hilarious! Music is OK-ish, the whole musical thing just adds to the hilarity. I wonder if the cast sung their songs themselves, it looked a bit odd lipsync-wise. If you're in for something odd, pick this! Recommended for bad moviefans for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:15 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Malice in Lalaland - based on the Lewis Carroll works, this film is a mix of animation and "normal" filming. In the opening scene we see a girl strapped onto a bed in a mental institution. A dark rabbit appears and lets her escape. Malice, because that's the girl, has to get rid of Jabbowski, the guard, in order to retain her freedom. Jabbowski in turn, has to report Malice missing to his boss Dr Queenie. She is pissed off and tells him to not come back without her, before she strolls off into a backroom dressed as a KGB agent. Then the film explodes into a semi hardcore pornmovie, that was a tad unexpected. From this moment on, the Malice storyline is in the background and only serves as an excuse to show more pornscenes, a total of 7 or 8 of them. There are scenes with rubber pants, strap-ons, girl on girl twosome and threesomes, two guys and one girl, two girls and one guy and several kinky things. Ron Jeremy makes an appearance as the Caterpillar, and Malice walks around in tight leather pants inbetween the sexscenes. Quite some hot stuff in this film, and also some violence. Runtime is pretty short: 70 minutes of which the last 8 are endcredits with some weird shots of a tattoed and pierced guy on a bed. The whole atmosphere is a bit grindhouse-like, so you're gonna like this if you're into porn or B-movies.   

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:14 pm  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
The Power - a small Aztec idol called Destacatl (sometimes horribly misspelled as Desatacatyl) has the power to bring evil into persons who possess the doll. Everyone trying to control it eventually gets taken over and turns into a homicidal maniac before succumbing to a miserable demise. The opening gives us a professor first, and after he has died spectacularly (we can see the threads from the ceiling ad he is "floating" through the air), his acquaintance is in Mexico in search for the doll. This seems a bit weird chronologically, and later the doll ends up in the US because a boy's parents bought it on a trip. The doll makes stuff fly around on his room so he starts to investigate, and after a long "research", some other guy is convinced he is the right person to finally control "the power". It takes little imagination to guess what happens next, but the finale is nice and satisfying. The atmosphere in this fillm saves it as the middle part us more a highschool drama. Fans of 80s horror and bad moviefans can both have fun with this one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:07 am  Post subject: Re: The Movies You Watched Today Topic!

The Ancient One
Lola - aka Monella. Another Tinto Brass film and I'm sure now: later Brass films are not for me. I like Italian film and nudity is not a problem for me, but the films lack certain stuff which I'm looking for in films: things which amaze me, make me laugh or scare me. Gore, thrills, weirdness. The Brass films all lack that (except for early films like Salon Kitty and Caligula), so I'm not gonna watch his films anymore unless they have an interesting background story, like Black Angel. If you're interested in the plot of Lola: a girl wants to explore sex, but she has a fiancée who wants to wait until marriage (although he visits a prostitute himself to get his load off). Her mother has a boyfriend who has a very broad interest in sex which he cultivates by making erotic photographs together with a French friend. There was one scene which was interesting, some kind of a dream by Lola with her mother and her friend in it. Like I said, I'm not gonna watch this kind of films anymore, but if you like a bit of old-fashioned "eroticism" then these might be something for you.

The Dead 2: India - this sequel of The Dead can be watched separately, there is only one small hint at a connection with The Dead (the zombie outbreak comes to India by contractors returning from Somalia). The film is more a drama against the background of a zombie outbreak tham a hardcore horror, although there is enough zombie action and also a good amount of gore. If you have seen The Dead, you will recognise the style of the directors immediately. I like how the landscape is being shown in the film and how the location gives the film something different. The story itself however, is quite shallow and I also don't like how the directors think I have amnesia: they put in references to things which happened earlier, but they think it's necessary to literally repeat the scene they're referring to... as if I didn't understand. The ending is corny, the whole legend thing is tearjerky in a cheesy way, ugh. OK film if you like a different zombiefilm, but if you didn't like The Dead, then this one is better left alone.