Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:53 pm  Post subject: Mill of the Stone Women (1960)

Master Of The Dead Donkey
ImageImage

imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054099/

ed2k: ed2k: Giorgio.Ferroni.Mill.of.the.Stone.Women.(1960).Xvid.EN.mp3.[Bonnie&Clyde].avi  [699.56 Mb] [Stats]
French subs: ed2k: Giorgio.Ferroni.Mill.of.the.Stone.Women.(1960).Xvid.EN.mp3.[Bonnie&Clyde]-FR.srt  [58.5 Kb] [Stats]

runtime: 1:30:37
size: 699.56 MB
resolution/fps: 544x320/25.000
video codec: Xvid
video bitrate: 956 kb/s
audio codec: mp3 (Lame)
audio bitrate: VBR 113 kb/s (48kHz, stereo)
language: English
subs: French

This is the European cut (the longest). This movie is a must-see for any fan of Gothic horror, especially Italian Gothic horror :mrgreen: Notice that this film was released the same year as Bava's 'Black Sunday' ... Two Italian masterpieces :D

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:18 pm  Post subject:

ImageImage

Thanks Bonnie, a must see! I've been looking for this one since I was in my teen years :mrgreen:

Last edited by trep on Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:44 pm  Post subject:

Movie Mod
Never heard of it, but you release so much good stuff that I can't resist downloading this.. Thanks again, Bonnie.. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:02 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
wow. that looks absolutley fantastic! tnx.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:00 pm  Post subject:

Koffkongen wrote:
I can't resist downloading this

You won't be disappointed, I tell you. I discovered this movie not so long ago, when the French DVD was out, and I was totally amazed by its visual beauty. Reminded me a lot of Bava"s finnest movies. And that's one hell of a compliment in my mouth :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:04 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
I'm takin' it, thanks Bonnie :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:37 pm  Post subject:

Some reviews:
Quote:
DVD Review: Rediscover a real horror gem.
Rating: 4 Stars

"Mill Of The Stone Women" is one of those strange movies that has been hailed by critics and yet hardly seen by anybody. This is a real shame because it deserves to be seen and appreciated by anybody with an interest in horror cinema. The plot treads well-worn ground with the story of a man driven to murder young women as the only way keep his beautiful (but afflicted with a rare and deadly medical condition) daughter alive. The resulting dead bodies are disguised as statues, a plot-device that has been done many times, but here the setting that the action unfolds within takes a further step into the bizarre. Instead of a wax museum, the crazed father owns a windmill which powers a moving "carousel" of statues of famous murderesses and tragic historical heroines. When the attraction is open and the windmill sails are turning, the statues career unstably around a little stage as a melancholy tune cranks out of a music box (also powered by the sails). The effect is startling, even today, and quite surreal.

The action of the film follows a handsome young researcher who takes a job at the windmill, and unwittingly attracts the amorous attention of the daughter (the stunning Scilla Gabel). Sadly, the young man already has a fiancee...so guess who's soon destined for a place on the carousel? Of course the action id predictable, but the presentation of it is wonderful. Colours are deep and rich, and the lighting makes wonderful work of the many elaborate sets, populated as they often are with many sculptures and statues in various states of completion. The acting is mostly effective, although it depends on which soundtrack you are watching (Mondo Macabre have given three options here), especially in the case of the mad mill-owner, whose voice makes him almost a different character in each dub! Unfortunately for those of us wanting it in English, it is the French dub that looks the most effective (it looks like the actors were speaking their original lines in French, and the UK and US dubs end up very poorly lip-synched). Still, it's great to see the film at all, and in this condition, you really can't complain. It appears to be fully uncut, even better than previous "full" editions I have seen. The process of curing the sick daughter and what happens to the bodies of the victims is shown at great length, and some of the sequences are quite surprising given the time the film was made (1960). Equally effective is the rousing climax, which you'll have to see for yourself, but look out for some amazing final shots of the carousel statues as the film comes to a close.

This has been a very hard to find film for a long time, but thanks to Mondo Macabro it has at last been revived in a gorgeous new transfer that really brings the movie to life. Plus you even get extra scenes and a massive photo gallery. Throw away those old video copies and previous DVD releases, they don't stand a chance against this one.

DVD Review: A masterpiece from Italy !
Rating: 5 Stars

"Mill of the stone women" is a masterpiece. Everything is perfect in this landmark of italian horror movies. Pierre Brice better known (specially in Europe) as Winnetou gives a good performance. The scenes of hallucination where he think he had killed Elfi (Scilla Gabel), the sick daughter of Professor Wahl are amazing. There are also the german actor Wolfgang Preiss (also known as Dr. Mabuse in the sixties) and the surprising Robert Boehme as Professor Wahl. At first he seems so kindly, but behind this mask he's gruesome and obsessed to cure his daughter, whatever the price will be !
A word about the feminine parts: Scilla Gabel (double of Sophia Loren) is a wonderfull actress and she's perfect as Elfi. Dany Carrel, a french actress, plays the woman in love of Pierre Brice. Don't forget Liana Orfei, one of the victims of Professor Wahl.
The music score of the carillon with his wax mannequins will obsess you. There's no gothic castle here but a mysterious windmill. The final scene is a real climax. This movie is much more than a simply horror flick ! There's something of a dark tragedy.
The DVD looks simply great. The bonus are very interesting (deleted scenes, theatrical trailer, a huge stills and poster gallery). I've choosen the french audio track which sounds very good, better than the English one.
Giorgio Ferroni created a masterpiece. Don't miss it !

Btw, Ferroni later directed the beautiful "La Notte dei diavoli" [ http://www.scifilm.org/reviews3/nightofthedevils.html ] , recommended if you can find it... well, doing a search turned out:

Night of the Devils, The (La notte dei diavoli) (1972) Giorgio Ferroni. English dubbed with Japanese subtitles. IC rip.avi

and the TV rip from an italian private television :( :
La notte dei diavoli (da Rete 4 - by Neve).avi

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:06 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
:-o
Another great release Bonnie.... :beerchug:
Merci beaucoup.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:23 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
A real cult classic, thanks! 8)

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:28 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Bonnie_Parker dose it again... just 2 good a pick this flick.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:24 am  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
Bonnie, do you have just french subs? no english or spanish ones? :wacky:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:46 am  Post subject:

hurdygurdy wrote:
Bonnie, do you have just french subs? no english or spanish ones? :wacky:

Yees, sorry but this was taken from the French DVD, so only French subs as usual :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:41 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
thanks bonnie :)

<a href="https://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7143" target="_blank">Giallo Collection</a>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:21 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Thought about picking this gem up a while back but had things on higher priority...thanks again for another fine rip Bonnie. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:36 pm  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
Great job!

Merci ? toi Bonnie :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:13 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
Many thanks Bonnie :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:25 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Completed and shared. :)

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:08 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Watched it yesterday.

I was convinced Hammer had something to do with it, because of the familiar gothic mood always present in their films, thus half expecting Christopher Lee or Peter Cushing to show their faces, alas they were not to be found.
The strenght of the film is in it's visual beauty of course. In true Itallian tradition, ocular magnificence seams to hold dominance over actual content. And so successful it is, that we can easily forgive craters in the plot, and acting more fitting in a kindergarten play.
A shame the sound was a little muddy, making the dialogue a little difficult to make out at times.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:27 pm  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
Great post! I already have this movie from an US DVD a friend gave me.
Is there any Italian audio track in this one? If yes, can you post it?
Many old italian films are quite easy to find in english, but not in italian :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:27 am  Post subject:

you want me to post a new rip with Italian audio? No pb. Just gimme some time :) But I have no subs BTW