Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:35 pm  Post subject: Extreme Private Eros: Love Song (1974) (Documentary)(Vhsrip)

Servant Of The Dead Donkey

Quote:
Director Kazuo Hara has made a handful of controversial documentaries, including GOODBYE CP (1972), a shockingly personal look at people with cerebral palsy, and THE EMPEROR'S NAKED ARMY MARCHES ON (1987), a profile of Okuzaki Kenzo, who reported on war crimes committed by Japanese troops during WWII and publicly criticized Emperor Hirohito. But EXTREME PRIVATE EROS is, without question, his most outrageous, personal and masochistic work. Shot over several years, mostly in handheld b&w and often with out-of-synch sound, this raw confessional has Hara following his ex-wife, 26-year-old radical feminist Miyuki Takeda. The two lived together for three years and share a child, and this 93-minute documentary captures their post-break-up relationship and her new life without him. This was a brutal dose of reality for notoriously-private Japanese viewers to swallow, as it matter-of-factly tackles heartache, sex, insecurities, gender politics, and even on-camera childbirth. Beginning in 1972, Miyuki and her child have moved to Okinawa, and Hara stays with her for a few turbulent days. During Miyuki's travels, her barfly girlfriends provide a bleak peek into Okinawa's skankiest nightclubs and their resident sluts, such as 14-year-old Chichi, who prefers funkadelic-dressed American G.I.'s to junior high. Later Miyuki shacks up with a black G.I. who can barely speak Japanese, but has no trouble getting her pregnant (and in a touching family-phone-call moment, Miyuki's mother urges her to dispose of it). And when she misguidedly tries to distribute pamphlets to the local prostitutes, she's nearly beaten up. On top of that, Hara continually interrogates his ex, he begins crying on camera, and if he can add to the on-screen tension, he does -- like recruiting his current (much cuter) girlfriend Sachiko to interview increasingly-bitter Miyuki. Moving back to Tokyo in '73, Miyuki works at a "birth commune" for new mothers. And when she has her baby, Hara is there with his trusty camera, as she delivers it at home without any help whatsoever. Although the entire sequence is out-of-focus, it's quite a sight; one long, uncut shot of Miyuki laying on the floor, spread-legged, squeezing out her "mixed blood" child onto the ground. This insanely intimate document never flinches, as Miyuki verbally shames her infant son for looking and acting like his father, and Hara's narration continually criticizes Miyuki's screwed-up lifestyle. Sneaky Hara also captures some dialogue without Miyuki's apparent knowledge, such as a nasty conversation with Sachiko, as she insults everything about her ex, including his lousy bedroom prowess. Hara was blasted by critics when this was released and I can understand why. I've dealt with ex-girlfriends and it can be a tense scene -- but I'd never dream of filming it for posterity! This LOVE SONG is an emotionally scalding yet absorbing cinematic open wound.

Extensive Interview with Hara

This one is dedicated to Trep. :beerchug:

Video: XviD @ 906kb/s
Audio: Mp3 @ 128kb/s
Length: 01:32:59
Hardsubbed in english
Resolution: 608x464

THE LINK:
Extreme Private Eros - Love Song (Kazuo Hara 1974)(fitz).avi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:09 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Thankyou, this is much appreciated 8)

I'll be in tokyo in 4 months, and this will be perfect conversation piece :D

Now all I have to do is learn japanese :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:06 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Another good one Fitz :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:42 pm  Post subject:

In Hell I Burn
you trep and auess should be given awards to visual arts for your endless releasing of obscure oddity's,,I dont really view docu's but for all the others mighty fine work guys

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:22 pm  Post subject:
Request Territory

Request Territory
Wow, this one seems intriguing. *click* :beerchug: