Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:04 pm  Post subject: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

The Ancient One

Quote:
Tech details:
File Size (in bytes): 1,489,000,448
Duration: 1:28:46
Subtype: OpenDML (AVI v2.0),
Video Codec Name: XviD Final 1.0.3
Width x Height (pixels): 636 x 352 =[1.807:1]
Video Bitrate: 1910
Bits/Pixel: 0.356
Frames Per Second: 23.976 fps
Compatibility: , ,
Audio Codec: 0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3
Audio Bitrate: 320
Audio Channels: 2
Interleave/Preload (ms): 42/512
Language: Cantonese
Subtitles: English (.srt)

Plot:
Quote:
A rapist named Ted returns to Hong Kong from the US. He has 25 murders under his belt; all unproven in the US courts. Back in the SAR the local courts can't try him and the cops, led by Cheung Tat-ming, have nothing to pin on him. Spotting a failing in the legal system, journalist Charles (Wong) decides to use his tabloid glossy magazine as a tool to keep Ted off the streets. But Charles' Third Estate ideals fail dreadfully when he swipes a photo from Ted's father's house and places it as a cover shot.

The cops quickly lambast Charles for provoking a known killer and before he can be told "There's blood on your hands", Ted plucks a lady off the Mongkok streets. In his remote lair he strips the girl, shackles her to a ball and chain and humiliates her. And then a young family walks in the door. Ted's back in form and it takes Charles (by now feeling considerable guilt) and Ted's ex-neighbour Mendy (Yiu) to stop him.

Thankfully, A Lamb in Despair isn't presented as comedy, as can easily be the case in Hong Kong. Instead, there's a moral. Ted comes from a history of domestic violence, perpetrated by his [step?]mother and left unchecked by his dad. With lashings of psychology babble, the producers stress this as the cause of Ted's schizophrenia (in this case, the afliction flew in through the window when he was locked into a toilet). The final sentence of the film is "Let your children grow up in a healthy environment."

Thanks to Silien on ACF for releasing this to the network.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0239549/

ed2k: A_Lamb_in_Despair.DVD-Rip.XviD.AC3_junkboy.avi  [1.39 Gb] [Stats]

English Subs.. ed2k: A_Lamb_in_Despair.DVD-Rip.XviD.AC3_junkboy.srt  [67.6 Kb] [Stats]

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:11 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
neat :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:40 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Thanks. :beerchug:

Could someone re-share this for a bit, please? Been stuck at 1,013MB for a while now, Last Seen Complete over a month ago. :watchingyou:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:41 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

Site Admin
I'll check to see if i have it, but my emule dies on me periodically and locks up my machine so resharing will be difficult until i fix that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:54 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Appreciated, spud. And there's no hurry, whenever your mule problem is fixed will be more than fine. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:14 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
I'll be waiting for this one too..don't think I got it the first time around.Unfortunately it looks as though Junkboy has dropped off the face of the earth so we are relying on your good will spud. :D It sucks...every time I get someone wiling to help me with the UEC they end up disappearing...perhaps there is a conspiracy involved :watchingyou:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:04 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

Skull Full Of Maggots
You can now download this movie from my PC, this is the link:

ed2k: A%20Lamb%20in%20Despair.avi  [1.39 Gb] [Stats]

and for the English subs:

ed2k: A%20Lamb%20in%20Despair.srt  [67.6 Kb] [Stats]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:11 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

The Practice Girl
Ain't seeing you yet...did you just barely put it in your shares? If so disregard this message....Thanks for the reshare. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:51 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

The Practice Girl
Ok..I restarted the mule and you came up..at least I think it is you..a full source anyways...thanks for the help on this :beerchug:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:20 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

Skull Full Of Maggots
My pleasure... If you want some other movie just ask for ! :drunk:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:06 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Thanks, fantomas, very much appreciated. :drunk:

Can't see you yet, but my mule has been a bit borky since yesterday.. might need a restart/reboot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:44 am  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

The Practice Girl
That is what I had to do...I was receiving messages from people but wasn't able to send them on mule...couldn't see him either but after I restarted it all refreshed for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:18 am  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

Skull Full Of Maggots
Incidentally, can you tell me if the best way for sharing, in the "priority" section of eMule, is "High" or "Release" ? for the time being I put both files (film & subs) on "Release" but I can change it if you think otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:31 am  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

The Practice Girl
Yeah..put on release...some emule clients have a feature called powershare too and that usually helps to spread the file if enabled. :) At least it helps me :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:58 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
DxaKrator wrote:
That is what I had to do...I was receiving messages from people but wasn't able to send them on mule...couldn't see him either but after I restarted it all refreshed for me.

Will do that now. :) Need to upgrade to the new ScarAngel version anyway.

And yes, Release (or higher, if you're running a mod that supports PowerRelease or PowerShare) is the best priority to get a file out fast, fantomas.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:10 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

The Ancient One
Hi fantomas, are these files

fantomas 2 wrote:
You can now download this movie from my PC, this is the link:

ed2k: A%20Lamb%20in%20Despair.avi  [1.39 Gb] [Stats]

and for the English subs:

ed2k: A%20Lamb%20in%20Despair.srt  [67.6 Kb] [Stats]

the same as in the first post of this thread?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:39 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Yes, both movie and subs are the same as the ones in the first post.

Slayer, you can easily check if two links are the same, by hovering over them and comparing the size/hashes (displayed in your browser's status bar). :)

In this case -

Size[Bytes]|Hash: |1489000448|5825844F4DE035EE753C4500AA814E85|

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:11 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

The Ancient One
I checked that, and thought the hashes were different, but I didn't look close enough.

But since the files are actually the same, I'd like to ask fantomas to upload files with their original filenames, including all tags. If you want to rename them for your personal collection, that's OK, but please rename them back when you upload them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:19 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

Skull Full Of Maggots
Hi Slayer... How exactly can I find the original name of the file ? I even don't remember where I found them. I must have some 8,500 movies from all origins, some of them were made from my original DVDs, LDs, or even VHS, others were received in swaps with another collector, etc. And some others were downloaded from this site. But... which ones ? I don't remember. If you have a way to find the original name, just tell me and I'll rename the file before sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:56 pm  Post subject: Re: A Lamb In Despair (Cat III) (1999)

The Practice Girl
Think he is talking about this: :wink:
ed2k: A_Lamb_in_Despair.DVD-Rip.XviD.AC3_junkboy.avi  [1.39 Gb] [Stats]
As you can see(this is from the first post) it credits the ripper..explains the codec and audio nfo and what source it came from...so if you could change your file to that name then you would be properly sharing the file.Just change the filename and hit refresh on your shares in your mule..you'll probably have to redo your priority fixings to release and powershare..tags get dumped for a variety of reasons in the realm of p2p..Here at HHAH we definately like to have our filenames intact and in their original form if possible.
If you ever have a question on what the original filename might be on something you are downloading a nice little feature in your mule is the details function on your dropdown menu when you left click a file.That usually will bring up the fullname of the file somewhere in that list if it has tags.Just dbl click and apply and you are all set. :)