Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:42 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Lightning is a great one, I have almost been struck three fucking times now atleast. Once I was watching a storm in my garden, the house next door got struck. I have also been in a car that got hit and also in a car behind another car that got hit.

Can't remember any others but I know lightning really hates me.

It really is scary when you actually think about it. I still have vague memeories of riding a 125cc motorbike across a high and narrow footbridge when it was still under construction, no handrails or anything. That was interesting considering my fear of heights usually stops me standing on a chair, let alone doing an Evil Knievel over this poxy bridge.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:02 pm  Post subject:

Master Of The Dead Donkey
15 years of smoking everything that could be smoked to get high.
3 years ago, was about 10 grams a day, (10 grams, even if it wasn't coke nor heroin, it's heavy) was stoned all the time, left cigarette, couldn't smoke both, oil sticks and tabacco. Woke up on june, the 14th, at 3 am, couldn't breath anymore, my diaphragm was blocked. Stayed more than 3 minutes without breathing. Kicked myself, tried everything possible and had to jump into my bathroom and hurt my torso against the corner of my basin.
I saw the light...
I guess I woke up half of frogland when the air got inside again.

Had an hematoma for 3 weeks.

Since then, only ciggies and fags (ha!)...

Last edited by Le Frog on Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:10 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Ten grams a day sounds like a slow way of committing suicide. :o

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:42 pm  Post subject:

Tell it to me now, 3 years ago, was my way of life... But my lungs would agree with you... I didn't make an apnoea and faced death by eating candies. ;)

Now I prefer sweets... It's over, passed, my connections go well and reality is much easier to fight than the lizard I used to ride 24 hours a day...

Now let's vote: who's the boss, here?

TaKYoN= A+

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:32 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I hit about 7 or 8 grams for a while a few years back, I was pretty fucked all the time. The problem is that when you get like that you start to think differently. It is much harder to see there is a problem, and therefore much harder to break the habit.

I was lucky my wife was around, she straightened me out again. Left to my own devices I tend to self destruct.

Anyways, enough of the serious grown up shit, lets get back to chatting bollocks.

Erm, most dangerous thing that happened to me was I fell off the curb into the road. Unfortunately it was pretty mundane, no traffic to hit me or anything, most unimpressive.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:34 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
@Le Frog, are you actually French my friend?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:43 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
TaKYoN wrote:

This is a joke, right? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:47 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Slayer wrote:
TaKYoN wrote:

That depends on his answer :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:28 am  Post subject:

TaKYoN wrote:
I hit about 7 or 8 grams for a while a few years back, I was pretty fucked all the time. The problem is that when you get like that you start to think differently. It is much harder to see there is a problem, and therefore much harder to break the habit.

I've been thinking of my answer to Slayer last night.
I would agree with you TaKYoN (your nick is a pain in the ass to type, have to edit my post all the time to correct it) but let me add a little something.
Slayer, I wasn't depressed and surely didn't want to die, but...
All that has something to deal with 2 facts:
1st, you're addicted to shit. The more you take, the less it works, the more you need. We all know that but it's a fact.
2nd, the shit you find nowadays is far from what you had 20 years ago. THC was big part of all the products you could buy in the middle of 80's (and I'm not talking about Woodstock times, when a gram was enough to give you a hipe for a week...).
Nowadays, if you get 10% of THC inside, you can be glad. Even weed is blended with... weed (the real meaning of it).
I guess my lungs problems came from the 90% of everything that was blended with the canna. Oil was okay, but hard to find.
Anyway, it's passed. I'd rather have my arms and legs cut than using drugs again. I've stopped everything. A few days ago, I was with a friend, drinking a beer, discussing, chatting, I openned us a second one. Had to lay me down and slept 3 hours. Was completely drunk. 2 beers! I'm clean!

TaKYoN wrote:
Slayer wrote:
TaKYoN wrote:

That depends on his answer :wink:

:D :D :D :D

I'm from Frogland, famous for stinky cheese, red wine and arrogant people who know how to welcome tourists. Living near an uggly something made of iron, which makes us, frogs, very proud of ourselves...

Have your answer... Not French (I'm not mad about them, they are from old Europe, a part of them think and are against Bush and the mayor of their capital city is gay! Crazy people!), only a frog.

But you're right, TaKYoN, let's talk about the subject of your topic. My experience was only due to my crazy way of life, most of yours are much more interesting than mine. I made it to myself (didn't mean to), most of your experiences are due to external facts, you didn't do anything to face death (except a few rides on bikes or rocks you may haven't done or climbed...), death came to you on it's own little legs. And when I say that you're the boss, TaKYoN, you're the boss. WOW! My 3 minutes of apnoea are ridiculous...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:28 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
LOL I was kind of hoping for a yes or no answer. Not that it means anything, I was just curious.

For tonights near death experience I shall attempt to OD on weed. I might report back tomorrow LOL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:35 am  Post subject:

So, "No", I'm a frog.

Weed is bad.

:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:57 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Le Frog wrote:
Slayer, I wasn't depressed and surely didn't want to die, but...
All that has something to deal with 2 facts:
1st, you're addicted to shit. The more you take, the less it works, the more you need. We all know that but it's a fact.
2nd, the shit you find nowadays is far from what you had 20 years ago. THC was big part of all the products you could buy in the middle of 80's (and I'm not talking about Woodstock times, when a gram was enough to give you a hipe for a week...).
Nowadays, if you get 10% of THC inside, you can be glad. Even weed is blended with... weed (the real meaning of it).
I guess my lungs problems came from the 90% of everything that was blended with the canna. Oil was okay, but hard to find.

OK, I understand what you mean. I actually didn't think you were depressed or something, I was just surprised at the fact that a person can take 10 grams a day and live.

On what you say about THC: I think that actually weed has grown stronger in some ways. In my country it was in the news that the amount of THC per gram had increased over the last couple of years, so it should be stronger nowadays.

Le Frog wrote:
So, "No", I'm a frog.

Hahaha! You see? It's a joke!

Back on topic: I remembered the name of the disease I got when I was 1 year old. It's called meningitis.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:26 pm  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
well.. on christmas day, many years ago an old heater started loosing co2 all around the air in that place. good thing was that i wasn't going to die alone (around 10 persons there)...
oh at last we survived..
my aunt (who's almost blind but fortunately her noose works pretty good!) came a smell the co2...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:18 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
I got shot in the head.
(and you immediatly jumps to my defense with 'that explains a lot!'*)
and a fragment was left in for a long time. it got nasty infected.
If i could do it all over again, i'd have run faster. If i've learned anything in my life, it's that there is no problem that running away can't solve. Like the mighty and courageous bunny rabbit, who runs away, and lives to run another day. though short and stubby, my legs are fast - one step ahead of my creditors, dodging responsibility right and left, dancing around commitment like a ballerina....err, a really masculine one, more like a very nimble pirate, the straight kind. who despite the lack of depth perception that comes from having an eyepatch, the obvious drawbacks of the peg leg has on agility with the parrot to add a kind of counterbalance, like a tail, - a brave masculany pirate who overcomes adversity (such as poor personal hygiene and lackluster grooming habits) becoming Emperor of Canad--
wait, what?
oh, yeah. if you can avoid getting shot in the head, your probably better off.
and never smoke anything that has been dipped in embalming fluid.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*line from Red Dwarf 'queeg' i think.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:33 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
monkeysmasher wrote:
and never smoke anything that has been dipped in embalming fluid.

Good advice :wacky: :wink: :wink: :wink:

The potency of 'weed' is rated higher nowadays because of better storage and quicker testing. THC is expelled from heat, hence burning/digesting it to get the effect. Back in the 'old' days' they would test it after weeks and maybe months after it was improperly stored, thus it lost most of its THC. But yes, thanks to High Times mag, people grow much better these days, and less people smoke schwag/dirt/etc ie seeded old weed (read: useless pot). In Boston, I only get the finest weed, and when my Mom visited and smoked some 'Beasters' (b-sters, or commercial midgrade weed strain from BC Canada, not the most potent stuff) she was totally baked and couldn't take its physical effects (increased heart-rate, etc).