Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:46 am  Post subject: I'm Back

The Ancient One
hey thought i'd let U know am back in reality and have just about recovered from my first Reading experience.
For anyone who was at Reading or Leeds hope U had as wicked a time as I did :D

<a href="https://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7143" target="_blank">Giallo Collection</a>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:51 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
did metallica play reading? i heard a rumour that they weren't going to play the day after they headlined at leeds. They rocked :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:08 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
They did indeed play (i think a 2 1/2 hour set) but i missed em as there were other bands playin i went and saw, though sum of my m8s that saw them said they were a little disappointing (not sure why though)

<a href="https://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7143" target="_blank">Giallo Collection</a>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:21 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
not in the slightest, they were by far the best band there and are infinitely better live than they are on tape :)
Or maybe they were better at leeds? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:38 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
my musical tastes are quite diverse and prob differ from U, as i do like sum of the earlier Metallica stuff, but am not a huge fan. (watch me get slaughtered for that)
cause I was sooo mashed most of the time did not get to see all i wanted and saw a few i hadn't planned on. for me highlights were: SOAD, BRMC, The Music and the YYY's. Oh, and watching Good Charlotte (i think) getting totally swamped by an almost never ending barrage of bottles etc (silly buggers did ask 4 it tho)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:48 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
no, i get people don't like metallica (as long as they don't make farout claims, see PrayeRs :lol:), it's just you said some of your friends said they were dissapointing and even if you don't like metallica, they were far from that I felt, even my friends that don't like them admitted that they are good live :lol: :) I think if you went to see them, even if you don't like them, you'd have thought them better than expected and not dissappointing was all I was saying, did your friends like Metal at all? If everyone liked one band, there'd be no need for different bands... but I like metallica's old albums and there performance was brilliant at leeds :) They were noticeable out of time at the start of St. Anger (Lars was pratting around), and a bit at the begining of Frantic, but they recovered fast and even though they aren't my favourite songs, far from it, they were much better performed live i thought.

I didn't think SOAD were too hot, but that was only because 'tallica was on immediately afterwards and overshadowed their performance I think. If they were on a different day I think they would have come across as better. My brother liked them though (when i saw him when I got back), although he also preferred Metallica (hell I think everyone preferred metallica in Leeds :lol: )

Man I hate Good Charlotte, and yes they told everyone to chuck bottles at leeds too. I would have pissed in one but I didn't have a bottle :lol: The audience willingly complied with bottle hurled at them though, as you might expect. Did you watch the Darkness? They were funny :lol:

I also got nicely sun tanned from sitting out in the sun drinking beer all weekend :lol:

Anyways, I posted here about System of a Down:
http://www.fileheaven.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9784

Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:14 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I would probably have loved them live, but was rather chemicalized by the time they came on so The Music totally fitted my mood.
i agree bout SOAD but as was the first time have seen them live was pretty cool.
what was amazing bout Good Charlotte was that so many ppl were actually there watching them to throw the bottles!!! - for sum reason i had never heard anything about them until i saw the start of their gig (how i do not know but sometimes ignorance is bliss! :lol:
I missed the start of Darkness but what i saw was entertaining. For me the biggest disappointment was that Blur headlined on saturday night, I thought that they were a bit out of place (maybe an earlier slot would have been better for them) and their set was too chilled. it might also have been that they followed BRMC who were far superior
thought i had a tan too till i got home and had a bath!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:18 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Blur was the sunday at leeds, and the lineup was kind in place for them. (I don't like blur). Only thing I went to see on the Sunday was Beck [I wanted to see if Bender was there playing the washboard... I didn't see the rhyming Becktionary either :lol: ]

I've heard Good Charlotte on the tv and have always felt the urge to chuck something at them :)

The Darkness played twice at leeds (i assume reading too?), so I caught them on Saturday rather than their advertised sunday slot. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:19 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
I'm using this thread just to let you know that I'm finally back too, bigger, better, with a new hdd and the anti-blastworm patch installed. :lol: